1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WR125 to CR ignition mod - notes

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by BillO, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    rode a 2010 CR125 with 144 kit and FMF pipe back to back with my 09 WR125 with 144 kit and KX pipe and the difference was very small. Mine made more bottom, his reved slightly quicker (CR flywheel is a good bit lighter)
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    it will not fit. Much different.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kelly,

Only difference was the ignition and pipes?
  5. chappo Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi All,

Thanks for the tips (yes, it is for my WR250), now just to find someone who sells a flywheel holder!

Thanks all!
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    You can use a piston stop to hold the crank or a poor boy piston stop is a piece of cotton rope fed through the spark plug hole just be careful not to start with the piston down far enough let the rope get in to a port.
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    A paper towel left down in the airbox by the back of carb works too! It sux it in nicely!
  8. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

You dont need a holder to get it off, just the airgun with proper size socket. To tighten put it in a high gear with the brake on.
  9. thebleakness Husqvarna
    C Class

Any updates with this? How is the new KTM ignition parts working out? I'm thinking of doing this on my '06 WR125.
  10. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

The KTM stuff worked fine, but the after-market stator quit after about 5-7 minutes of the first race out west. I put a genuine Husky stator in it, but it no longer had the lighting coil. We sold this bike a couple of months ago to get him a WR250. At that time we put the unused 125 cylinder back on it and the WR ignition. The remaining 150 seized at the end of he fist lap at the 4th race out west. I put the 150 off the sold bike onto this one and we still have it. I may even put the WR ignition back on so that my son can use it to go to work. That's the reason we kept this one, because it had the street license.

We got the 250 because the western races were brutal. 2 broken bikes were all we got out of it. Even though 150's are allowed, there is not chance they can compete. Pat was the only pro rider on a 150 and he had to kill it just finish the laps in the allotted time. They had times tests straight up a hill. Talk about unfair. Most horsepower won every time. As much fun as these little bikes are, they can't hold 9 minute hill climbs against a 250F. So now he rides a WR250

BTW, I did have a chance to test the KTM vs. Husky module. There was no difference in performance.
  11. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Has this setting for timing been corroborated?