1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR250 / 300 Alloy Gear Lever

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Ex HVUK, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'd also be interested in the shifter. Some frame guards would be sweet too, although I'd prefer plastic ones like you see on the orange bikes. Brad.
  2. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Well the idea seems reasonably well received so I'll investigate further.

Dave
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I have actually seen an alloy shifter on a WR. As a matter of fact, the HYDE skid plate site shows a picture of a WR with a blue alloy shifter.
    [IMG]
  4. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Seeing as how I now have a busted clutch cover - I'd buy one and a matching clutch cover too! :)
  5. TomCat Husqvarna

My 2008 WR 250 Shifter has the same problem as everyone elses , I bent mine out at the rear of shifter , cut & welded a added 3/4" to the length , it works well for my size 11 boot , I also sanded out the previous slight gouging on the cover and had it powder coated / clear coated . Yes , I would buy a aftermarket shifter if it was lighter / longer / configured out away from cover .
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

If you make it I will buy two.

Thanks,
    Walt

PS. I have the OFG shifter tip on both mine and they work well but you still have it attached to the same shifter.
  7. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

TomCat makes a very good point,...the stock shifter is too short for me too. Makes for some bad ergos between the peg and the shifter tip. It's like it was designed for a little kid's foot. I miss upshifts, and make accidental downshifts because there's not enough room in there.

If you make one Dave, make it longer too,...okay?
  8. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

The stock shifter and brake are just right with Fastway pegs in the lowboy position.

I would like a 125 shifter that is cheaper then the stock one. I would prefer steel.
  9. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    I've found a friendly CNC guy who is keen to have a look at this for me so this project will start to run again now, it's been stalled for a while due to a lack of time on my behalf.

Dave
  10. Holy Smoke Husqvarna
    B Class

Keep me posted, I'll take one, if the price is right
  11. mantrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any info on the shifter? I just tried the shifter from my 2008 Husaberg and it fits, but it is slightly higher than the stock one.
  12. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    I would be interested as well.
  13. nqjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'd be interested in a better shifter too. Yesterday my bike fell over after the frigging stand folded up (again) and now I have a big ding in my clutch cover.
  14. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Good find. :thumbsup: I'll have to try one.
  15. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    Will these shifters work wth older wr 250's 99 and on, does anyone have a price yet
  16. hipsterdufus Husqvarna
    A Class

17. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

18. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

Zip-Ty Racing has a shifter tip that will work as well, it's not listed to fit the WR but i emailed them and they said it will fit
  19. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    It should work. I priced it at bike bandit and the complete lever was about $75. You can order just the lever, w/o the tip for $45. I switched my WR to a 4T tip, so I may just order the lever w/o the tip.
  20. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I've got the bare lever coming from bike bandit. It came to $52.33 with shipping. I'll let you know when it gets here. Never dealt with them before, so I don't know how they operate; could be weeks.