1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR250 / 300 Alloy Gear Lever

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Ex HVUK, Apr 4, 2009.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Just notification that my lever has shipped. It may take a bit to get here with the holidays next week.
  2. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

Just read an article about Ty Davis's WR300, it said that he made a billet lever for his bike, maybe if we all beg........
    I ordered a lever from DirtBikeBitz, it listed it as a 2 stroke lever but then i relized that it could be for a 125:confused::lol:
    I might have a WR125 lever for sale
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    OK, I got the wrong part. I'll try again.
  4. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

Just got my shifter from Dirt Bike Bitz, it's the right one for the WR250/300, cast alum arm and a machined tip made by RFX hardware.
    Looks pretty nice, i'll post a pic if i get a chance:thumbsup:
    Merry Christmas
  5. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

Put my new shifter on the bike today, fits great and looks even better with the red tip:applause:
  6. Flyin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    Here's the pic from their site...Nice :thumbsup:
    Is it the same dimensions as stock?
    [IMG]
  7. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

Same Dimensions as stock, looks like a alum version of the stock one.
    The tip is awesome, I think the shifting problems are from the shifter tip?
  8. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just noticed that AIR makes a lever too. Around 300 swedish crowns, that,s about 40 bucks.
  9. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

AIR? Do you have a address for them? I googled it but i couldn't find any dirt bike stuff
  10. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Can you post a pic of lever on the bike? I'd be interested to know how much clearance you have between lever and clutch cover and how far on to the gear change shaft the lever is fitted?

Thanks..Dave
  11. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Anybody close to Hammerhead Designs / www.hdmoto.com as to where they'd be able to drop a shifter off and see if they have one that would work, or be willing to build some?

They make some for some pretty rare bikes, so they might be interested in making one for the WR.
  12. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

It´s a Swedish company, garage24.se is the mailaddress. They have the AIR stuff. I think parts are made somewhere in Europe. Gear lever is made of forged alloy.

Johnny
  13. arp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 Enduro
    Hi Guys,
    Newbie here. That shifter looks nice. Might be something to p/u to compliment a little project I'm working on. Not to hijack this thread but I'm going to make a new clutch cover for my WR250 because my shifter put a small crack in mine. I'm just trying to gage interest if I make one. I'm thinking about making it thicker where I can. Any other suggestions? I'll post pix in a new thread when I do so you can see that I didn't make it with a hammer and a cold chisel.:D I'm a machinist with full access to CNC mills etc...
    I'm busy rebuilding the WR, so it might be a month or so before I've got something ready.
  14. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

The shifter doesn't have much clearance but the back of where the tip is is flatter surface than stock.
    I'll try to get a pic up here in the next couple of days, now if you'll excuse i'm going for a ride today:applause:
  15. nqjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just received my shifter from Dirt Bike Bitz. It does look like an aluminium version of the stock shifter, but the tip is 15mm longer than the standard one.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Looks good to me.
  17. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah, it's a good looking, well made looking part. I was just hoping the arm would be just a tad longer. The stock one seems like it's too short for me. Too close to the footpeg or something.
  18. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

I just raised mine up so i can get my foot under it and hits on the proper spot on my boot, i have size 12 feet, i try to stand most of the time that's why i raised it but afteri had ridden the bike for awhile i would have left it there anyway. I think it's one notch higher than the pic.
  19. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    So, how is this shifter working out? Does it flex around like the stocker and rub the clutch cover?
  20. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

The shifter is great, the tip is way better than stock, I was always slipping off the stock tip(sounds dirty) It is about the same as the stocker as far as flex and it is very close to the case