1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR250 / 300 Keihin brass; What's in yours?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MOTORHEAD, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not to go off of topic, but if I were you I'd try a PowerNow. I have one in my WR250 and the bottom end is just as strong as every KTM 300 I've ridden, I've never been on a WR300. Brad.
  2. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks, i have one in order !
  3. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

rb carb plate and a CEK
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    You might try a 40 pilot. I had a off idle burbble on my 04 250. Starting with a 48 then 45, 42 and finally the 40, DDK middle. Runs clean and strong.
  5. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Bradass80, your the man !!!

I have put a POWERNOW PLUS on it today and i cant believe it !!!
    This small piece of metal @ $100 (it would cost $5 for product it) worth every $$$ :D Before, my bike have a slow response in trottle and it feel not strong enough at low rpm. Also the transition between low and midrange are really to brutal. Now my bike have instant trottle response and the low end is really strong. The transition from low to mid are really better and the top end is incredible... After 3 weeks of messing with many different jetting my bike is now PERFECT. Very crisp, instant trottle response and very very powerfull.
    This bike is now incredible, it can be ridden like a big 4 strokes on the low rpm or pull like a freight train in the middle or scream like a 125 in the top end if you have the arm and nuts...:eek:

Thank you all for your help :cheers:

My final jetting are:
    WR300 2010
    Keihin PWR AS 38MM
    Main jet 178
    Needle CEL in 2nd clip from top.
    Pilot Jet 42
    Slide #7
    Air screw 1 1/2
  6. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

i don't know nuthin', but there is a blubber i've experienced similar to that that seems to be related to the straight diameter of the needle. with a ddj i get it. with a ddk i get very little. with a ddl i don't get it at all. Not sure which one the jd red is. i think it's pretty close to the ddk.
  7. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok. I´ll try the CEL needle when it arrives. HRC 630 here was kind to send me that one to try as he was very satisfyed with it. Will be very intresting. I currently run with the JD red one in second clip pos. from top and it still bludders at light throttle and is "filling up" and bludders when you give it throttle on open stuff. I have to rev it and clean it up in between the gnarly stuff. Otherwise the bike is fantastic. I really like it. I lowered my bar by removing the spacers as i´m only 5"9 and has cut my seat 1". Feels great!

Johnny:sweden:
  8. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    I switched from Klotz Supertechniplate to Amsoil Dominator, using 32:1 with each brand of oil. Trial and error tells me I have to run my jetting leaner with the Amsoil than I did with the Klotz. FYI.
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Still running the N3VE needle with the 48 /175 and it's working good even as it gets warmer.

Been looking back through some of the posts in this thread and the other two jetting threads and it's amazing how varied the jetting is. There is a basic range, but I'm still trying to reason the variations.

Altitude is the easiest to figure in, but there seems to be some other factors. It may just have a lot to do with ride preference, but it could be as simple as the brand of air filter and the type and amount of oil used on it.
  10. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep, there is some variations in the jettings! I have tried about 6 different needles in different clip positions and tried to evaluate them together with different jets. As i use my bike for some street/Motarduse with very long gearing it´s quite noticeable as soon as i make a change on the jetting. Now i use the EEL needle and it´s very good. 40 pilot 1,5 turns out and 175 main at sealevel and 20 degrees Celsius.
    I´ll try the even low throttle leaner EEM needle as soon as the wheather cleans up.

Johnny
  11. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Just wanted to post this somewhere: this is from the '09 WR250 spec sheet.

LUBRIFICAZIONE / Lubrication
    MOTORE / Engine
    MISCELA BENZINA-OLIO AL 2% / Fuel-oil premixture of 50:1
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    On my WR300 I've been running the 38PWK with the N3VE-2 / #7 / 45 / 162 / 1.5-AS and it's been working really good.

I also played with a PWM and was running similar jetting, but I like the PWK better on the 300.

I'm in the process of changing my 300 into a 250, so I may try the PWM again. I think it would be a good 125 / 150 carb.