1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc wr300 2012 it's not a motorcycle

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by k-l-f, Mar 31, 2013.

1. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Or reach in there and unplug the spark plug cap...plenty of room on a WR250/300. Unless it's dieseling already, then that won't work, and you'll have to plug the exhaust.
  2. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250

Running rich does not cause a bike to overheat, running lean causes overheating and seizures.
    Glenn haynes likes this.
  3. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Good tip. Though it happened so fast and unexpectantly i was like o @&$@$ and panicked scrambling like a drunken fool. Lol
    Long_Stroke likes this.
  4. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...don't want to sound like an ass but some time should've been taken to at least find a source of failure before pulling top end off---like doing a leak down test BEFORE tearing it apart would be step one ..no one will be able to diagnos your failure with out having the engine in front of them..in one piece...granted, seeing/reading the seizure points on the cylinder/piston can help identify a problem,it won't answer "why" it happened.I could give you all kinds of scenerios for this but it's not gonna help,so I won't even go there.I work on all makes of bikes and if you think you're the only one that has had a new bike fail,you'd be wrong. I could bash the other brands that have had catastrophic failure when new and dealers that would not warrant repairs,but I won't go there either. I am sorry this had happened to you but jumping to conclusions without proper diagnosis prior to your bashing is unfair.
    Try to have a good day,anyway...
    :)Guscycle
  5. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Even if your kill switch was working properly, it probably wouldn't have helped. I've had my throttle stick twice on my bike. Both times the kill switch was ineffective. I click it up to 5th gear, hand on the front brake, foot mashed on the rear brake and let out the clutch slowly and stall it.
  6. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
  7. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    my 2012 WR300 had 3 top end warranty repair seizures in 600kms before the stator was replaced under warranty.the 1st seizure cracked the barrel in the same place as above "not a motorcycle".i agree totally with his post.nothing but trouble.no fun riding when all you think about is when is it going to seize again.variable ignition advance/retard can cause engine damage.the tests of my ignition revealed a cyclic pattern with every kick of 2 or 3 poor sparks,2 or 3 thin pale blue sparks,2 or 3 no sparks etc.when the stator was replaced starting was improved but the spark was still thin pale blue.not happy husky,p.f.g.& trooper lu's
  8. The Swede Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    Been riding Husqvarna for 20 years without any problems.