1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR300 Power delivery

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Racer X, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Straight from the mouth of a Lectron / WR250 user. :cheers:
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am again the odd one out My 2010 Wr with 2002 type CR electronicts and a stock carb off a 2006 WR 250 just seems to run fine.There is not much difference between the 2006 Wr 250 I have and the
    2010 CR 300 I do find that when I do want wide open throdel my hand has to really turn alot Much more then my 165
    I just raced a desert race which had about 20 miles of tight singel track up and down hills with lots of rocks
    I have it all on film and will get it posted soon To me the bike sounds fine even with the light flywheel it is next to imposable to stall and you can lug it Then if needed it will spin up and rev out .The 300 seems to
    not rev as high as the 250 in 5 th gear pinned But is fast as I want to go
  3. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    My 2012 WR300 runs awesome and i havent done anything to the carb except bump up the idle a c-hair. I installed a works pipe-one of Kearneys old ones and a pro circuit silencer and the bike runs phenominally.
  4. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    Sounds good Kelly, I'll install the Lectron first and see what it does for the hit and throttle response and go from there.
  5. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Throttle responce with the Lectron is super crisp and there is more power everywhere,the best thing is that it's predictable no light switch feeling just super smooth torque.I can't say enough good things about this carb.
    Steve-oh likes this.
  6. patrickaqefd Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    crf20x
    Hey just wondering, how your combination of mods went, if you have tested yet.
    Sounds like it would climb anything now.
  7. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    It's to cold to do the install let along go for a ride. But pond skating was fun yesterday :) I'm a good month away from any kind of riding. With the mods I already have it is a climbing beast. It literally dragged my tired body up a nasty hill that plenty of guys were stuck on during a race. My feet weren't even on the pegs just hanging out the back.. haha.. this bike really amazes me. I hoping for the same torque and pull but smoother and linear. I'm going to install the G4 throttle cam when I have the throttle cable off doing the carb install. I'll start with the closest t/c setting to stock and go from there.
  8. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Saw this a little late but playing around with different needle profiles can make a huge difference in the power delivery.
  9. nir Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300 2010
    what lectron carb is best for husky wr300 2010?? 36 mm? 38 mm? hige velocity?
    i love my bike and it start first or second kick every time but i would like a smooter power delivery, would the lectron be good for that?
    thanks
  10. duey Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 ktm xc 2008 ktm 250 sx
    36 works for me 20hrs since install throttle response works well in tight trails (wr250)I've always been hard on throttle outta corners so I'm slightly lean by choice,no regrets to this carb.
  11. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I put a 38mm Lectron on my WR250 and it smoothed it out a lot. When I put a Gnarly pipe on it it smoothed it out some but nothing like the Lectron.
  12. make meh samich Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1980 honda z50
    Sorry for noob question,
    But what is that thing.
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    powervalve adjuster thingamajig. like what the tms have standard in OZ(JRF torque controller i think its called). a much more convenient version of the ktm pv spring/screw job
  14. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Simple, buy a 4 stroke-lol
  15. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    I have the 38mm on mine. After the third race on it, I'm thinking the 36mm might have been a better option for tight trails. I do have a G2 as well that I've had on about since the bike was new, not needed but keeps me from making mistakes 2 hours in. I will probably pick up a FWW as well, as the bike revs so much quicker now that it can be a bit of a handful. And I mean it revs very quickly, traction be damned. 38 would probably be best for wide open trails or motocross applications. It tends to make me ride more on the pipe, when conditions allow. I haven't ridden the 36, but it likely would keep all the good but keep things a bit more modest.

All that being said... After probably 40 races, I finally got a first kick start and nearly pulled the holeshot (3rd or 4th of 23). Rework the suspension a bit and should be able to pull it everytime.
  16. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Or a PWK:=).