1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR300 Rear Brake Issues

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Scott Goodman, Jun 9, 2013.

1. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

Unfortunately I can tell you the the husqvarna listings are not all correct.
  2. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

Zilly if you have any problems getting something for the weekend, I have the solid mount (gets rid of the rattle) vented rotors with the correct mounting bolts. I am also in the same state so it would be easy to get to you.
  3. earl61 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Scott,anybody with your height and foot size should never have brake problems . Just be careful you don't want to scrub to much speed off while your racing !
  4. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Ok, pads came in from Motorcycle Superstore. Wrong pads. FA368X is what they sent. The last time I ordered from them they got it wrong and I called them and told them they had the wrong number, and was told it would be fixed the next time I order. That was last fall. They are going back.

Ordered some from OEM cycle. They use the EBC part number so you can actually select the FA208X pads yourself.
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The problem is he's been riding those big green monsters for too long. With 13:1 compression and no flywheel you don't need a rear brake. You turn off the gas and it throws you over the bars. :lol:
  7. Scott Goodman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna WR300
    Earl61 and Motorhead you both have it right, HA! Been a little spoiled with the 4T the last 6 years, but the new 2T is so much faster in the woods (reference: Rear Brake failure!), and I don't feel like I'm wrestling a green pig anymore! Unfortunately even with my large foot size I still couldn't stop my monster 300, she wants to go all the time :D
    So I take it the FA208X is the correct part # then? Going to my bike shop today to order them and pick up some parts.
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, that's the right number.
  9. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    i adjusted my rear lever very low & lost rear brakes.have u lowered the lever?
  10. Scott Goodman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna WR300
    Broken Biker, I have adjusted the controls just the way I like it, and I'm not a brake dragger. So that is my irritation concerning the whole thing. I definitely boiled the fluid BIG TIME, as when I took off the rear brake line to put on the Slavens Racing Brake Cooler, no fluid even came out! Bel-Ray sells some high priced/ low quality fluid!
    On the plus side, got everything I need ordered yesterday, now if I can get it all together before the next race....not gonna race again until I get this problem fixed :(
    Thanks again Motorhead for the info!!
  11. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Good luck at the race tomorrow. Hope the brakes work out.
  13. Scott Goodman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna WR300
    Thanks, unfortunately the rain killed another race again :( Got to say I wasn't too dissapointed, I am absolutely done with mud races this year!!
  14. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yeah, I didn't see that until Sunday evening.