1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc wr300 top end

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Nov 16, 2011.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    did the hi comp head just bolt straight on-no mods? what piston/gasket are you using? clutch pull aint the worst but it definitly aint the best either(& no im not an office worker with girly hands but by the end of the day im feeling it!). why husky dont just stick a hydro clutch on standard is beyond me when every other 300 has one stock not to mention a map switch, clear fuel tank, chrome pipe & 6 speed!. id gladly pay more retail price for it. i know cable is simple & easy to fix but really you cant compare it to a ktm or gasser(be honest) & ive only ever seen one leaking diaphragm in my time reliability wise in favour of hydro. grouse donk but husky need to pull their finger out in regards to the rest of bike componentry. clutch drag can be a pain in the arse but ive just accepted it as normal. motul transoil seems good-a little pricey tho
  2. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep, just bolt on! I used my old gasket. Nothing wrong with it. yes, a clear line or something on the fueltank would be good, to see the level. i agree with you about what should be good to have on the bike! My honda CR 500 is a 1999 model and it,s much easier on the clutchpull and there is no drag either.
  3. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you get the race head it is worth also getting two of the water hose banjos that screw into the head. The originals are thread locked into the head and are very thin and easy to round off/strip threads.
  4. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey mate, I posted pics of my clutch cable routing here; http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/wr300-basket-of-clutch.21868/
    I agree about the spring rates, I love Husky's cos the fit my 6'2", 106kg frame better than any other bike, then they go and fit them with springs suited to a 14 year old gymnast, WTF! I have a mate who weighs 65kg and he reckons the springs in my bike are even too sof for him! who are they for?!!!
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    dunno mate suspension caves me head in! one day they mite bring em out in king size spring rates as optional(like big wheel mini bikes:)) for regular blokes not jockeys & chimney sweeps! yeh for anyone over 6' huskys are awesome(mind you i still get caught out every now & then with that tall seat & rear fender)my clutch was already routed that way-behind bars. hope santas packin a magura hydro for me.