1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc WR360 Motor and Gearbox in a 2011 WR300?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by icebergstu, May 2, 2012.

1. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Completely destroyed my new 300 engine.

Bottom end wrecked, con rod pointing down.

The bike is only 4 months old and under warranty but PFG the Husqvarna importer has told me that having a Pro-Curcuit Pipe on the bike has voided my warranty and they wont consider any repairs and wont even report it to Husqvarna. The speedo has been screwed from the start and I informed the dealer of this but they did nothing about it and this is also voiding warranty.

The speedo jumped 1800klm once when I rode it to the servo and back + its full of water condensation. The bike has done about 800klm in total and there is no wear on the chain/sprockets etc and the front tyre still looks like new but it all fell on deaf ears.

SO...........

I have a great WR360 and I am considering the Transplant.

Is this a viable option or am I wasting my time.

I love the 360. Its low and mid range is perfect fot the riding I do.

Anyone done this before?

Stu
  2. Leepet Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm sorry to hear that PFG are being unbelievably unreasonable as usual. That is complete BS and should be taken to the ACCC. Whatever their warranty says,the product must be of 'merchenable' (?) quality and, regardless of the pipe, 800ks is not good enough. The speedo issue is just an insult.

This sort of behaviour is hurting the brand.

Rant aside, I'm sure the frame has remained unchanged for yonks and Wallybean fitted a 360 motor into a 2006ish model 250 frame without any trouble. Do it! It'd be awesome!

Pete
  3. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The internals of the engine could be measured to determine wear and gauge hours of use. Also they should be able to identify the cause of the rod blowing through the case. I can't imagine how pissed off you must be.

Did they assume that the new pipe created a lean fuel metering condition?
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

It will bolt right into the frame no issues. You will need to use the head frame mounts from the 360 and the 360 airbox/carb boot. Other than that it is swap and ride.
    bax3 and lankydoug like this.
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    That's good to know and a sweet option for anyone wanting big horsepower the easy way. What year will the 360 not bolt in to? I assume since the frame hasn't changed it would go in all years back to when they made the 360.
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Yep, all years.
    lankydoug likes this.
  7. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Farrrk, sorry to here that Stu, sounds like a typical PFG response.
    +1 on Leepet's comments, take the matter to consumer affairs
  8. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

wow Stu, that sucks. any idea why it blew up?
  9. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Not sure why, Been running great all weekend and was on the last leg of the ride and the back wheel locked up.

They provided some photos of my dirty bike as it was not washed before taking it in and said it showed signs of neglect...(dirtbike not supposed to be ridden in the dirt???)

No signs of Dirt getting past the air cleaner at all, no pasting of oil in crank case or anything.

I think I have a case but not sure about the PC pipe thing voiding warranty. I thought we are protected from that stuff.

I can put a chip in my Amarok and Im covered by the laws.

Spoke to my Mechanic and he reckons Consumer Affairs for sure.

He also said 360 in the 300 would be sick!!!

Stu
  10. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Stu get onto ACCC about this crap!!!

360 motor in a modern frame...OMG!!!
  11. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Fitting an aftermarket exhaust has never been an issue for me or any of the Adelaide Husky riders I know for warranty, but they usually tell you that it 'has to be fitted by us' (the dealer).
    Did you get the pipe from Bill's?
  12. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

any updates Stu?
  13. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Mate that is really dissapointing that PFG has not done his part..
    I picked up my now 2 month old '10 wr300 demo and it had 40ks on the clock, rego papers had 440ks on and when I questioned the salesman he said " it has been replaced as a warrenty, Don't high pressure clean spedo as they are not real waterproof".
    All us ozzies should get a petition going and send it to PFG, let him/ them know that we bought these bikes so at least there is some red/white in the forestry amongst all the blue and orange bikes. And with reneging on warrenties why would we buy them.. ticking timebomb
    Yep ACCC before any heart transplants..
    broken biker likes this.
  14. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know this isn't going to go down well - but as most will know if you buy a MX bike there is no warranty of any kind, unyet because we buy enduro bikes we expect everything to be underwritten by the distributors. Obviously I realise that PFG are offering a warranty but won't now stand by it, one of the problems is that at what point can a supplier draw a line under it and say they can't help. For example we all like to re jet - what should a distributor do when someone jets too lean and seizes a piston? The bike may be a day old but seized.
    Personally I think it is too easy to jump on the 'yep lets string em up' bandwagon without knowing all the ins and outs. Please flame away!
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Stu, how about posting some pics of the aftermath... Piston, cylinder, con rod and cases. Maybe members with experience could help determine the cause.
  16. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Picking it up tomorrow and taking it to another mechanic for a second opinion. I am seething about this and as a 1 eyed husky man I am almost thinking of swapping brands and selling all my Husky's.

The guy I am taking it too is really looking forward to checking it out too.

Will keep you updated.

Stu
  17. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I Squeaked my brand new GG 250 first ride out with stock jetting! They stepped up and replaced the top end
  18. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    valid points windsurf but how many of us have had the speedo issues(gone through two myself now ordered a trailtech) never really rectified? both my radiators split not from impact damage & pfg didnt wanna know about it. i should have jumped up & down about it but not my style-but i dont forget either! they more or less paid for the repairs which was $160, warranted my first speedo & then charged me $180wtf!!! for the speedo cable(straight swap for rad repairs which i had to pay for up front, plus my time to remove off bike, fuel to drop em off, downtime etc.) now i have repaired/reduced capacity rads as they had to block of a row or two of the cores-still never gotten close to boiling though! bottom line is they offer a year warranty(was 2) & its a major selling point to a lot of prospective buyers(my first husky & it really helped sway my decision) but doesnt seem to be worth the paper its written on! fyi ive run the pc plat2 & silencer from new without a drama with standard jetting, well over 100 hours.
  19. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep I agree thats a fair comment why offer a warranty when you wont stand by it. I come from old school mx - if it breaks you fix it. And obviously my speedo packed up within a few weeks from new on my 300 also! There are new buyers who choose a Husky because of the warranty and then are very disappointed when they find virtually nothing is covered. PFG do seem to be culprits for this. It would be interesting to know how well Husky importers in other countries deal with claims by comparison.
    Is it a BMW thing or local importers?
  20. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Years ago here in sunny Ontario I squeaked my 360wr- through my dealer at that time I received a new pipe, jug and piston. RIP Dave Armstrong