• Hi everyone,

    As you all know, Coffee (Dean) passed away a couple of years ago. I am Dean's ex-wife's husband and happen to have spent my career in tech. Over the years, I occasionally helped Dean with various tech issues.

    When he passed, I worked with his kids to gather the necessary credentials to keep this site running. Since then (and for however long they worked with Coffee), Woodschick and Dirtdame have been maintaining the site and covering the costs. Without their hard work and financial support, CafeHusky would have been lost.

    Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve been working to migrate the site to a free cloud compute instance so that Woodschick and Dirtdame no longer have to fund it. At the same time, I’ve updated the site to a current version of XenForo (the discussion software it runs on). The previous version was outdated and no longer supported.

    Unfortunately, the new software version doesn’t support importing the old site’s styles, so for now, you’ll see the XenForo default style. This may change over time.

    Coffee didn’t document the work he did on the site, so I’ve been digging through the old setup to understand how everything was running. There may still be things I’ve missed. One known issue is that email functionality is not yet working on the new site, but I hope to resolve this over time.

    Thanks for your patience and support!

Last Blaze of Autumn color 09/26/26

Dirtdame

Administrator
Staff member
It was probably the peak of color for the aspens in the mountains up here, so I wanted to get one last "color" ride in before the leaves all start to turn brown and blow away with the wind. I also wanted to finish a "bucket list" loop that I first scoped out a couple years ago. There was a couple of really steep, washed out downhill stretches....one at the very top and one at the very bottom of that route. The one at the top was really rocky, but still held some moisture, so it had pretty good traction. The one at the bottom was very smooth and hard packed, but off camber, dry and slippery. I didn't care for that one at all, and if I had tried to go up that route instead of down, I probably wouldn't have gotten very far. Aside from those two stretches, the trail was pretty easy, and quite beautiful. The whole ride was beautiful, though.

Next up for a "bucket list " trail will be the Heaven and Hell trail on the other side of the mountain. I hope to get it done before the snow flies. If not, then next summer.












 
Last edited:
Beautiful country as always. Do you ever run across any wildlife on your rides?
Yes. Lots of wildlife up here. In the mountains, I see deer, elk, an occasional moose, marmots, grouse. In the desert at home, I see deer, antelope, foxes.
 
Back
Top