Project TE 250
Husqvarna
I recently purchased a 2007 TE 250 the price was right, which means it would need a little TLC. It has an Athena big bore top end and as far as I know that's the only modification.
The back story I got, from the guy I bought it from, was that he bought it from a kid that had melted the piston racing his buddy on the highway, the guy I bought it from did the top end. He said it ran fine, though I noticed from the beginning that the case was oily, the over flow tank was dribbling water, and both radiators were pretty well smashed in though not leaking.
I figured the dribbling was because the radiators were compromised. I've since replaced the radiators, checked the water pump impeller(fine), flushed the cooling system and installed a 2.0 bar cap. im still boiling over within a couple of minutes of idling from cold. I preformed a chemical combustion CO2 test showing no sign of a head gasket leak. I'm getting good coolant circulation and have squeezed hoses and tilted the bike to get bubbles out multiple times. Am I missing something? Did this bike come with cooling fans, Cuz mine didnt?
Did this era of bike just heat up stupid quick and boil over from idling, that doesn't seem right to me, but this is my first husky and liquid cooled bike so I don't really have a reference. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
The back story I got, from the guy I bought it from, was that he bought it from a kid that had melted the piston racing his buddy on the highway, the guy I bought it from did the top end. He said it ran fine, though I noticed from the beginning that the case was oily, the over flow tank was dribbling water, and both radiators were pretty well smashed in though not leaking.
I figured the dribbling was because the radiators were compromised. I've since replaced the radiators, checked the water pump impeller(fine), flushed the cooling system and installed a 2.0 bar cap. im still boiling over within a couple of minutes of idling from cold. I preformed a chemical combustion CO2 test showing no sign of a head gasket leak. I'm getting good coolant circulation and have squeezed hoses and tilted the bike to get bubbles out multiple times. Am I missing something? Did this bike come with cooling fans, Cuz mine didnt?
Did this era of bike just heat up stupid quick and boil over from idling, that doesn't seem right to me, but this is my first husky and liquid cooled bike so I don't really have a reference. Any insight is greatly appreciated.