12 port kawi injector & pcv with autotune anyone?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by aranpolaris, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Pullened Husqvarna
    C Class

stock ECU and Exhaust (with spark arrestor installed). The added back pressure from the spark arrestor seemed to affect the low end performance. Plus it didn't sound obnoxious when I was done.
  2. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    What has to be done to replace this injector?
  3. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Well I put mine in today and have mixed results. Just off idle I now have a huge stumble/ bog. After that I agree with the OP, riduculous! The mid and top end come alive like I never imagined. I can pull wheelies easily where I never could before. Buuuut, the off idle stumble is unacceptable. I played with it on ibeat for quite a while. Messing with the co values I made it a little better(leaner) but it idles spraticaly and weird. I had the TPS set at 101.5 originally and set it to the highly recommended 100.4 it now seems to idle better but still stumbles badly. Tomorrow will bring more ibeat tuning so well see what happens.
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Sounds maybe rich on the bottom
    Dan-a75 likes this.
  5. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    I just went through swapping my 4 port for the Kawi injector. I think I got more of a boost than what I would expect upgrading to a 300 cc kit if it were made. The mid and top end was crazy. Flawless mixing. I could easily wheelie up hills where I never could have before. Flat amazing. What wasn't so amazing is the bottom end just off idle. I gained a huge hesitation. A completely unacceptable huge hesitation. I spent 12 hours with ibeat changing TPS and the CO numbers to try and work this out. Change after change after change. The kawi injector enriched up everything. My exhaust was sputtering some black out of the tip even. I kept leaning it out to the point of gaining popping on de-accel but the hesitation still remained. Im completely disappointed that I couldn't get this worked out, the mid and up was soooo amazing. I ended up re-installing the 4 port, resetting my TPS and CO to previous and my bottom end is back to fine. Its killing me knowing this engine has HUGE potential, like MX hitting power potential that I cant have. Its seriously unbelievable, once it gets past the bad area the bike lurches forward with the slightest throttle twists. Anyway after going back to the 4 port later I went riding ST that had big switchback hills both ways and had problems finding the power even in first with the 12/50 gearing to climb them from almost a dead stop. :cry::cry::cry:rivers here.

Any ideas?? The Kawi injector is about to go in the classifieds but it feels murderous to do so with that power gain. I tried so many different small and large changes with TPS, CO and even went back to goofing with FB. It definitely made everything rich. I definitely leaned everything out, I mean all the way to the 70's with CO1 and in very small increments to no avail. To be more detailed, when going slow in 2nd, suddenly hammering the throttle it just stutters for a while... then CRAZY power comes on. I keep thinking maybe a JD tuner with this would help but I really dont want to spend the money just for trial and error. It gets expensive.:cry:
  6. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Buy the Race ECU and Leo Vince Pipe !

You need to fit these things together ! Only changing the Injector is obviously going to give different results with the std ECU .
  7. aranpolaris Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm not sure if you have read my previous posts but, the injector changes the fuel delivery so much in every rpm range and throttle position, you can not possibly fine tune the the system with an Ibeat. after 3 races on my bike after the swap the autotune is still fine tuning the fuel table, in some spots, up to 45% different from stock! forget the oem non-tunable "race ecu" and start saving for a PCV w/autotune, it is the best thing I ever did with mine. also, if you think the bike was fast just installing the injector, wait till you try it once the autotune has worked its magic.
  8. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    I wonder if the JD programmer would do the trick? I didn't want to change the ecu cause it seems so many are having trouble with it and not using it.
  9. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

??????????? Husky 12 point ECU Works great with Leo Pipe !
    510 SM SC likes this.
  10. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    What year, 2011 or 2012?
  11. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

2012 . I had 2011 with Leo Race Pipe and ECU and was good, but the 012 with Injector, ECU and Pipe is an improvement again !
  12. husky72082 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 (TXC 12 upgrade)
    I've got a 2011 with the JD, I'm thinking of trying out the 12 port. I've got the same low-end issues like stalling at low speed. The JD made a lot of difference, in fact we tested two 2011's side-by-side with and without the JD and a stock 2012. The test was to slow to near stall speed in 2nd gear and then full throttle. The 2011 with JD was most responsive and was better than 2012 stock.
  13. 510 SM SC Husqvarna
    AA Class

FYI...The 2012 TE is the same as the 11. The 2012 TXC ships with the 12 port, new ECU and pipe.

That said, options are from best to ok.: 1. Buy a 12 TXC if you think you an plate it (Red Sticker in CA).
    2. Buy the Full LEO Kit: 12 port, ECU and pipe for 2010-12 TE.
    same set-up CH Husky runs " Word Champs".
    3. Buy after market fuel tuner and ??? and dick with it.
  14. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Yes, and some have reported it working well with out the ECU. Using the term "many" was not the best choice of words on my part.

Good to hear about the JD.

My 2011 never had stall issues. Infact it runs good off the bottom just not very strong. After adding the Kwai injector it ran terrible off the bottom, but crazy strong mid and top. I'm going to get the JD, run it alone to see how well I can get it tuned. Then I'll try it with the injector. If it works out- excellent. If not- the JD will stay and the Kwai injector will go. Either way, should be good.
  15. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    i just put the kawasaki injecter in. The injecter i got was a 49033-0010 and it is just a 10 hole injector. What is the part number you came up with for the 12 hole. I am still waiting for my power commander to get here but i had my dealer tune it and it doew rev a lot quicker with no dead spots. I hope with the power commander i can fine tune it better.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    One of you needs to call JD and have him program one of his units so the low end has a much leaner range to work in. He can set them anywhere. I bet then you could fine tune it all to work great. Ultimately we need someone like Ioneater to take his bike to JD with the new injector installed and let him tune it on his Dyno. Then there would be a JD in the range we could all use for a new injector :cheers:
    Tessier likes this.
  17. husky72082 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 (TXC 12 upgrade)
    There are two part numbers flying around the forums for the 12 port injector. Here's the scoop from what I've found online. It was confirmed by cafehusky user josh310 and an ebay seller that the 49033-0010 is indeed the 10 port.

06 Kawi injector part number 49033-0010 (10 port) (pumps more fuel than 12)
    08 Kawi injector part number 49033-0011 (12 port) (they spray a bigger pattern but the injectors are not supposed to be as big)

"The 06-07 fuel pump, pumps more fuel than the 08 according to the manual and atoms performance. The 06-07 injectors are supposed to be 440cc with 10 spray holes. the 08-09 injectors are supposed to be 350cc with 12 spray holes they spray a bigger pattern but the injectors are not supposed to be as big. I was also told the newer ones were bigger injectors but according to Jim at CNC and RG the older ones are bigger. And the older pump pumps more fuel and that is according to the manual."
    http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?FID=27&TID=42982&pagenumber=2

HUSKYnXJnWI likes this.
  18. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  19. aranpolaris Husqvarna
    AA Class

20. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle: