1st Ride, WR125: We Have A Winner, Folks!

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    :D yep :cheers:

- BTW just tried a tracula on the 125 and wow. Jake and Scott everyone have been raving about them and I loved Jakes at Moab. Works awesome on the 125. Was very impressed with the terrapactor rear, it's the lightest tire Motoz makes which might be a good thing on the chain saw.

I was just saying this to someone the other day.
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Poopy,

The LHRB makes a huge difference. The brakes on the WR125 are so good that it takes a hand lever to really control it. OK, I am lazy and like easy control.

Walt
  3. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    LHRB definitely on the list. ;) I miss it that much.

Did I mention I love starting this bike? Holy crap its a breeze compared to the TC250, i think i could fart on the kick start and it would go. :lol:
  4. BentAero Husqvarna
    A Class

WC:

PM sent about your suspension.

For the rest of you: If you want your Marz/Sachs combo to rock, send it to Ohlins USA.

Wyatt Seals, who most of you know was Glenn Kearney's suspension tuner last year is now working for us here at Ohlins. :)

Obviously, he's our go-to guy on the Marz/Sachs products. He's ready and eager to do some suspension work on the Husky stuff.

If you're going to send your stuff in, go to Ohlinsusa.com and click service dept, then download the service form.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My "House or Horsepower" suspension on my 09 WR125 is awesome. Everyone who rides it is amazed. I also rode Russ' 2010 TXC250 done by LTR yesterday and it works awesome as well. Two highly recommended shops for huskys.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    good points. had mine on it's first "real" ride recently, my first in 7 years. :doh:

picture stuck in a deep dark gulley, back end burried in boulders and gumbo, smoking the cluch front wheel straight up in the air two others tugging and the bike happy as a clam and cool as a cucumber. 2 hours later out back into the sunshine and the bike goes from 0 to 60 in right now and if i were faster and had bigger jeuvos good luck catching this thing as is it gives up nothing to bigger bikes, right out of the box. lost zero coolant. i was the only thing overheated.

sorry bout the peg scare it was my fault for not catching it after rocks bashed the chit out of it. was kind of an attn getter though when it came off at the wrong time :eek: :lol: but it is a cheezy kotter key so just replace them with a brad/nail bent in a flattened "C" like a hog's ring or use a small key ring, good to go then forever. :thumbsup:

get or make a bashplate ('08's are easy to modify search "frankenplate") asap- the stocker is ok for front tire roost but useless in the rocks and your water pump is badly exposed.
  7. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I was just reading this and thought I better chime in....

congrats on your purchase Woodschick..you bought the perfect bike :cheers:

It goes without saying that 125's are special and hats off to Husky for keeping that tradition alive....

many happy rides :)
  8. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    I had mine out for the first REAL ride last night. McNutt or Blue Mountain is the riding area. We went on a much tougher loop than I was expecting for my shake down run. But this bike performed! McNutt is like nowhere else i've seen pictures or video of. It is extremely tight, with huge elevation gains and losses, its in a Temperate rain forest, and has lots of roots, rocks, and slippery stuff. Lots of 3-6' vertical rock step ups, usually with huge roots before them to try to kill your momentum, and usually right out of a corner.

I could really ride this thing like my TC250, lugging, with a bit of clutch feathering, it really would go anywhere, and had 0 disadvantage to the two 250's I was riding with. The weight was awesome, i missed a bridge and crashed into a small stream, but it was so easy to pick up and get going again.

I cant cant the amount of times i grabbed the clutch lever thinking it was my rear brake. :banghead: usually resulting in a good crash. Need to get that fixed asap!

If anyone wants to give Mcnutt a shot....let me know I would be happy to host a Canada ride. The trail head is about 40 minutes from the Sumas Washington border crossing. Its torture, but addicting! :D
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The nastier it is the better the bike works. It is an amazing machine huh?

Yes please. :thumbsup:

[IMG]
  10. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Ya that looks like McNutt! Let me know when, even weekday rides might work if I can time it right.

My buddy is a 125 skeptic....i went up this curvy tight hill climb in second...started to bog a bit at the top, feather clutch and up it goes. He comes up in his KTM250 and says " Oh! I heard ya bogging out near the top!" I said, well i guess i couldve dropped it into 1st..... He goes "You were in Second???! I was in first up that. "

:lol:
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Those pumpkins will never learn. Way to represent. Hey next time tell him you were in third.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Last three rides I had KTM 300 guys and KTM 250F guys laughing at my 125 in the parking lot that did not know me. A mile into the trail all the laughing stopped and the questions started. :D I'm not bragging just saying 99% for the time I do not feel like I am at a disadvantage and a lot of the time I'm the one laughing as the 125 is so stinking EZ to ride once you are initiated. Good stuff. Was going to ride th TXC tomorrow but I think I'll flog the little chain saw again. :cheers:
  13. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

I thought Richards was considerabley better on the Forks. Amazing !
  14. Baucum Husqvarna
    B Class

Congratulations on your happy little scoot Trail Princess.
  15. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Thanks, Ben:)

Am I going to ride with you in Idaho this summer? I've remembered how, so I won't be such a ball and chain :lol:

WoodsChick
  16. Baucum Husqvarna
    B Class

I would like to do Idaho again, though I could do without another bear siting. I think that Rick is always down and had mentioned something about it months ago. I forgot what weekend it was scheduled....
  17. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Over the years I have learned never to worry about the Bears......I figured you dont have to outrun the Bear...you just have to outrun your buddies....:busted:

Which area do you folks ride at in Idaho ??? North???

18. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    LOL, thats been a running joke with some friends...we don't bring a knife hiking to fight off the bear, its to stab your buddy in the leg and run.

:lol:
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Thats of course assuming you are far enough away from the bear to even react in time. :eek: I still get chills running up and down my back thinking of the mere 30-40' seperating me from the ~500 lb young grizzly when flying around a ridge trail. I had to throw those riding pants away no salvaging them. :lol:

Walt
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Yeah, the bear thing :lol:I won't mention the whole screaming like a little girl thing, and the pots and pans in the enclosed trailer :devil:
    I will admit, we were none too happy to have to shoo that cinnamon bear out of our campsite as he was taking exactly one bite out of each of our apples, and eating every last drop of our pesto. You'll notice that the next time you saw us we were in a camper van and not a tent :D

Anyway, word on the street is that we're meeting up the first week of August. Eric and I would both love to see you and Rick again :thumbsup:

WoodsChick