2012 Enduro 2 Strokes - Images and Changes

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not a GG fan. I have friends who have GG and they like a lot about the bike and hate quite a bit more. Cheaply made in places like brake petal mounting. I also strongly dislike the perimeter frame and seat. I feel the Husky is a much better made bike at a better price. But what do I know ?
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I own an 03 Gasser and an 09 Husky so comparing them directly may not be fair to the GasGas since GasGas has been making improvements every year. That being said there are areas that the GasGas is just plain better.

GasGas advantages IMO; Quicker more nimble handling, silky smooth hydraulic clutch, excellent parts from the factory that would normally have to be purchased after you bought the bike like an FMF pipe and silencer. Mine is a DE which means dealer edition and came with lots of extra bling.

Husky advantages; Better fit and finish, easier to work on, better high speed stability, better brakes, and an important one for me, tall man friendly.

I honestly think they are about even it just depends what you like and the price you pay. I don't know how the Huskies are but you can buy a used GasGas pretty cheap but the new Huskies are a deal too... go figure.
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You correctly stated the reasons I love the Husky. I find the clutch on the small bore Husky very smooth and very hydraulic like without the disadvantage of a leak. I don't like the GG for the reason that the perimeter frame beats you to death and the seat bruises the crotch area. The GG engines run very well and the GG is a very capable machine. I just prefer the Husqvarna a whole like more. I also have found that once you get the suspension correctly balanced on the Husky that it carves a corner better than most bikes that I have ridden as well as being stable.
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thats OK, to me they still feel like a japanese 125, maybe because I am 6' 2" and 300 lbs.
  5. DVXC Husqvarna
    A Class

I love how there are 43 replies to this thread and only 10 on the 2012 4t topic. Long live the ring dings!
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    There's a four stroke forum? I hadn't noticed.[IMG]
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This past weeken at the Last Man Standing event at Glen Helen Calif i would say there were more 2 strokes in the race then 4 strokes
    I am sure there were more Husky 2 strokes there then Husky 4 strokes .Times are changing long live the 2 stroke
  8. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dont mind the graphic update.. it's a shame they havent updated suspension and such.. whilst the rest of the world is going electric leg and all... I hope the price remains the same as last year LOL ..not!!