250 2 stroke KTM freeride...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I am 100% fine with you not liking it. :excuseme: I'm not running out to get one ether. Just posted as food for thought. I do think it will be WAY different than riding a vintage trails bike though.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    "I'm not sure when you got a hard on for my opinions"

huh?

OK, I am seeing this the other way around. But whatever. If I have another viewpoint than I have a hard on for your opinions? weird. I simply thought this bike would be nothing like a vintage trials bike and stated why I thought that. Its a forum for stating opinions and info about bikes right?

"I'm not ok with you starting your response with "have you ever ridden a trials bike before"

I think I got under your skin for some reason based on the last few weeks. Not sure whats going on here but again, whatever. "starting your response" / "disqualify my opinion" ???? huh??? It was the second sentence and in () as an afterthought because i have no idea if you have tried a trials bike or not and I was referring to the transmission ratios on a trails bike not being well suited for a dirtbike mission. Your opinion is as good as mine or anyone elses here.

You posted an opinion that the freeride 250 was virtually the same as a vintage trails bike and I simply had an opinion that is was not. Simple as that, absolutely nothing personal and would have been my same response no matter who posted it. Can we get past this or are you going to get all upset anytime I might have a different opinion?

"I'm not sure when you got a hard on for my opinions but I think from now on it's best if I skip reading your posts and I'll definitely not dare comment."

I really have zero idea where this is all coming from. I obviously inadvertently rubbed you the wrong way recently. Sorry for that, it was completely unintentional nor did I have any idea I was doing so. I welcome your comments. :excuseme:

goofy.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I've never ridden a new or old trials bike or the KTM Freeride but can't see it as being the same as either one. Thanks for the post up on the Freeride as it does look like a fun playbike to me. I also don't see anything remotely wrong in Kelly's postings.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  5. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Wow, Lanky, you ok?
  6. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    WTF come on everybody can't we all just get along. I was just reading in the news room and one guy told another to f off and now this. Never thought I'd see the day the Café so divided. We're all Moto brothers here. Lets keep it clean....:cheers:
    Blair7 likes this.
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think some of us are just going through some early with drawls and strike out on our family members because we are here. As a group we'll be ok once things get sorted. Let's remember not to bring this site down with us. I'm not much of a hugger but can we get a group fist bump :cheers:.
  8. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I really doubt this thing is coming to the USA at all and if it somehow does it won't be in homolgomated registerable form would seem a safe bet. The concept starts as their electric bike, the frame design in particular doesn't It?

The ktm site link, the lower one in post 1 states exhaust control. The article in the upper link states normal 250 two stroke engine with different cylinder and no powervalve. Looks to me like some of the powervalve cover things are on it. Another brand has a bike that fits this form but tiny brakes claims 290 in the model number but really is only on a 60mm stroke. I would be a bit careful comparing weights when one design is really a radically over bored 125 class starting point.
    Design 1-cylinder 2-stroke engine, water-cooled, with reed intake and exhaust control
    Displacement 249 cm³
    Bore 66.4 mm
    Stroke 72 mm
    Starting aid Electric starter
    Transmission 6 gear, claw shifted
    Engine lubrication
    Mixture oil lubrication

Total fuel tank capacity approx. 7 l
    Unleaded premium fuel (95 octane), mixed with 2-stroke engine oil (1:80)

What if I compare it to the Yamaha tw200 the one with fat tires. They could get the 350 four stroke version in dot trim if they wanted I would guess.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No problem, removed my posts and sent you another PM. thanks.
  10. AlrightMister Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    The motor and pipe on the 250 are tuned for low and mid-range torque, hence no chamber. Don't know exactly where peak power is made but it is surely much less than 10k rpm. We will be getting the 250 here in the states, no 350 for us. I think a lot of after market pipes will be sold for this. The e-bike performance claims ~10hp but can burst to 30hp for short periods. They claim equivalent performance to a 125 2t which seems about right I guess from the videos I've seen, not enough for me yet but down the road I definitely want an electron powered bike. Now I see that this thread is a bit old and everyone probably already knows all this but give me a break. First post :cheers:
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Very good rider buddy of mine has been riding the 4 stroke KTM Freeride all over Taiwan this last few weeks and loves it.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Will we be getting any Freerides USA?
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think my buddy in Taiwan might be enjoying the freeride experience. Says it is super fun to ride.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i dont know a bout the freeride x-ride/t-ride ect but video dont lie and the guys on youtube look to me like there having one hell ofa good time on bikes like these if we get one with a big H on it THATS NOT A[IMG] KTM i;ll have some stuff on CL[IMG]undefined
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My buddy is still having a great time on the freeride. Trp of a lifetime.

[IMG]
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My buddy just posted some pix of the first 250 2 stroke freeride they got in yesterday. I guess the freeride is a very good seller there. Hope to have a ride report soon.

[IMG]
    Blakelpd5 and Phaeton like this.
  18. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I hate to say it, but the size of that bike alone makes it look like a sweet machine to me... I really, really, really wanna ride that thing...
    454x and john01 like this.
  19. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I know-huh
    I wonder what the seat height is?
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle: