Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ..spoke with "someone" who has a close personal friend who works at the factory and said 2 gentlemen from Austria were there a couple of days "reviewing" the factory...one of them had a Husqvarna CFO I.D. on him...could mean anything ..don't want to start rumors or give my perception of what I heard(enough drama as it is). Anyways, I don't know if it's something that could happen,but I pray that all those workers don't loose their jobs...
  2. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not in the mood to say much. But I got a BAD feeling about all of this................................................ The BMW marriage may have sucked but this is far far worse...........................................YIKES:confused:
  3. Radar Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449

I have read speculation both good and bad. Take your pick. I am going to wait and see what happens. I will bet SP didn't buy Husky to loose money I think he will build something he can sell to us.

4. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Everything I am hearing is that Husqvarnas as we know them are gone. They will be red KTMs built in Austria as early as MY14. The Varese factory will not be building Husqvarnas soon. I bet they are building MVs....
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This is what I have been thinking. May have to buy a 2013 CR 150 and put it in my man cave. I never thought this was even possible.Wow..........
    Yea. Red KTM's for idiots to buy or wait. Let me rephrase that. Guys who want KTM's with Husqvarna decals. Ouch. Say it ain't so..............
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I already had an orange KTM before I found the Husqvarnas. I do not want a red KTM. If I ever buy another new bike, it may be have to be a Gas Gas or a Beta.
  7. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Think about this from a business perspective.

1) He didn't buy Husky to lose money
    2) Obviously it's going to have to share parts with the KTM to maximize the investment.
    3) but no one will buy a KTM bike that's is only different because of the color and logo on it. It will have to have some unique and compelling differences. Frame, suspension, tuning, gearing, etc. Hopefully, KTM will learn a few things from Husky on engine design. I generally prefer the Husky, but KTM does a few things right.
    454x likes this.
  8. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    You're assuming he paid money for it,...........what if BMW paid him to take the brand off their hands so they weren't the ones to kill the marque as we know it?

I'm with you on the KTM's, have had a few myself and if I ever come across a deal for a Husa 570 I might just make one mine some day as I did love my 540EXC for dual sporting and versatility (tank offerings/gearing) But I'll take a 310R over a peaky 350 any day and the handling of the HSQ's is definitely crisper and I haven't put a single riding buddy from another Euro brand on one of my Husky's that's not commented about how good it handles regardless of being set up for them initially.

I fear Pierer's ego makes him blind to the fact that there needs to be different plastic, ergos/handling AND ENGINE to really set a brand apart. I'm all for same wheels/rotors/sprockets, swing arm, fuel injection, fork clamps and I'll even take the WP's but don't give me a KTM engine please unless it's a 570 adventure :thumbsup: and please do give the TE's the EXC gearing !
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So have just returned from my local BMW/Husky dealer´s "Start of Season" party. Was told that Zupin (the large German importer) is of the opinion that little will change. Italian Varese production facilities will remain operational. The new boss will take on Husqvarna as his own concern (he has sold 51% of his holding in KTM to the Indians). The information about the Nuda is (they say) FALSE! It is to remain in production. There is supposed to be some amount of technical transfer between KTM/Husaberg and Husky in future. Furthermore, they say that there´s a rumour doing the rounds that KTM wii place more importance on performance street bikes, whereas Husky will concentrate on off-road/enduro.
    dave lindsey and Big and Husky like this.
  10. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL.... All this withering around. Breathe people. breathe.
    Motosportz likes this.
  11. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
  12. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It says he´ll close the Varese production facility. All very contradictory ..... too much crystal ball gazing.
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I think we actually might be getting the picture more clearly over in the US, as the distributor is owned by BMW. Distributors in other countries are independent companies and when the dust settles, they'll just write the check to a new company. Husky NA is being shut down and employees terminated, just like Husky Italy will be. Distributors like Zupin in Germany should be prepared, because the KTM model is that distribution is factory owned, not independent.... so I'm sure they will be put on notice in the future.
  14. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

... end of the road????
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I would love to be proven wrong on this, but it seems so....
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Correct.

There is a lot of conflicting information coming out of the interviews, or perhaps a better way of saying it: some of what is being said could be context sensitive.

I realize a few people think they know what is going to happen, but keep in mind things change and/or you may not have the complete picture. Regardless, it would be good for people to find out they have no job through the proper channels as opposed to the internet.
    Virginian and water racer like this.
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Good, bad, or ugly, I like the current bikes as they suit me and my location well ...

I guess this is a Husqvarna success and with success comes change ...

Seems bmw might have pulled the rug and few were aware the rug was about to move ...
  18. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Maybe Stefan will sell the Xlite production line to Beta. Ok, who's going to kindly ask Coffee to start CafeBeta?
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husky NA employees have all been informed by the proper channels by KTM USA last Monday. The only conjecture is, if a few ex Husky NA employees may be hired by the new distributor.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I know. But the large image at the top of this site has the words "Worldwide Husqvarna Community", I was referring to other countries.