Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    All you people who are masquerading as Husky riders are doing this site and its owner an injustice ...

Not sure but for the life of me, I have never understood why so many cut the Husqvarna brand down so much here ... After giving this some thought, there just may not be enough true Husky riders for a site ...

What is your agenda? lol ... You non-Husky guys that hang out here in Husky cafe never answer that question ...

Why no manners here? Are you satisfied the Husqvarna brand got sold ?
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I'm thankful it got sold. BMW would have sold it to anyone that had money. Who else would you have rather bought it? Some enthusiast that sells it again in a couple years? Another big name that doesn't understand the market? Just retire the brand? I think this is the best possible outcome for the brand even if I don't like the way it's heading
    dave lindsey, Camstyn and MotoXotica like this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm glad the man in the moon is alive and well ...
  4. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Who cares what WE like? We have no decision in this. It is what it is. Love it or leave it. Either way, my Huskies will continue to work just fine for some time.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep ... the man in the moon lives and apparently he's here among us ... Chatting daily on how the green cheese tastes ...
  6. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Sure I'd ride a Beta if it had an awesome Husqvarna derived X lite engine AND a quality forum such as CafeHusky for access to good information and helpful people.

1. See commment above, specifically "awesome Husqvarna"
    2. Is this site reserved for Hard-Core brand loyalists?

My last purchase was between a KTM350, Husaberg350 and a TE310R... since I considered brands other than Husqvarna, I must be a non-husky guy and can never answer that question.

Yes I am satisfied but my opinion on the BMW infused bikes will remain with me because it may ruffle many feathers
    hammer likes this.
  7. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I don't see why you take what I said so bad. If it wasn't sold what would have happened? No more husky? That's better to you then KTM buying it? Or maybe you would have preferred a Chinese company buy it that hasn't even built a 20hp motor before? Yeah cause they would have been a great company to push the brand forward. Well I guess your right. An average guy could have bought it that had so much money he didn't know what to do with it. But just like Indian, husky would be revitalized every few years and then it would have stopped because there was no money or no how.

Another thing, yes I think BMW was a great company to have. They created brand awareness. Of course they did some things wrong but everyone does. BMW in auto racing is a great company. The S1000rr was so far more advanced then the jap bikes the first year it came out. Heck, they still haven't caught up. Of course they didn't know the offroad market but all they needed was time. They put the framework in place with parts distribution and dealer support. I love this brand, I really do but first and foremost, I'm a motorcycle enthuisiast. I really don't believe there is anyone out there better to take Husky over the KTM. The guy is a genius. I really like most of us hope he doesn't pick it apart but even if he does atleast we will be able to see the Husky logo and that if nothing else, it has a future.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Bad? Believe me... the BS posts here are not bad .. Just annoying, old, and clutter up the place ...
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks for doing it so well and here's some help for everyone who wants off the Husqvarna ship ... You guys can decide who gets the standup or sit-down positions ..

[IMG]
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Wow Ray. Have to admit, I've lost a lot if respect for you. The bashing really does nothing for the conversation. I get that you love Husky and everything but this is getting stupid
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Only gonna say it once..and this is to all perusing this thread........at ease....pipe down...be nice. They say that in tough times the true colors show. Let's all proudly show our red and white as well as our yellow and blue with some polished aluminum for good measure. Carry on...that is all.
    4eyes, Planepower, Coffee and 8 others like this.
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I really don't mean to be harsh. Ray is one of the people here that made me love the brand. It sucks to see all of this. It's this disrespect for others that will turn people away from the brand and this forum. I love husky not because they build the greatest bikes. Simply put, they work for me. I also love husky because of this forum. Generally there is a great attitude with a lot of experience. I like that every thread isn't about a 16 year old asking which is the best bike and how he's going to spray paint it lol.
    panhandlebars likes this.
  13. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    If there was only one bike manufacturer, we would debate/argue which model is the best, if there was only one model, we'd debate who's is set up the best... Lol humans... Opposite polarity will always exist... Without bad, there is no good

Ps. I'm buying a chainsaw on the weekend but I don't like the colour orange... What the hell do I do!?
  14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

NO IT IS NOT A GOOD THING THAT KTM BOUGHT HUSQVARNA! Let's see how it really plays out.
  15. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...do what I did with my Husqvarna mower...paint it red(actually it was blue/yellow before this)..never been a fan of orange and black..save for maybe halloween.
    Boogie and street2dirt like this.
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I can tell you that the KTMization of Husky has been going on at least in the USA, since BMW bought Husky... Ex KTM employees.... Scot Harden, Revelle Harrison and Jeff Konicke all brought it along with them. Right or wrong, it was definitely different from the way Larry Ferracci and Rob Keith ran Cagiva USA.
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Easy to understand as how many different ways are there to build a bike? Frame and engine should be different but after that, its almost just bolt on 3rd party or have the 3rd party tweek their forks or whatever for you ... Gas tank design is about the next big item on the design block for a bike ...

EDIT: Except for bmw ... fenders, front&rear, first ...
  18. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    KTM didn't buy husky, Pierer AG did...
    And we go round and round and round and round.
    organ donor likes this.
  19. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

True! And that´s about the limit of what we know. So, let´s give it a rest.
  20. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Or create a "Poll KTM / Husky" :eek: