Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    You're the KX250 expert, so we'll agree to disagree.
  2. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    Knowledgeable - yes. Expert - maybe.
    You have your opinion - I have mine. I can't help it that I'm right!
    I think there might just be a challenge coming up. You think that you can beat a 56 year old man on a WR300 with a KX250. Let's meet this spring at a Hare scramble race. Maybe Eastern TN or North Carolina. That should be close enough for you . Just let me know. You beat me - then I'll believe you.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm a 59 year old man, who has only ridden a KX250 once in my life and was never more glad to get back on my WR125, after riding it. That said... I think a multi mile stretch of sand road in a South Jersey Enduro, tapped out, trying to get back on time, is probably a more appropriate challenge than an open section of a Hare Scramble track.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Way back in the day I had a PW50 that was awesome in the sand...

Come on guys...you're better than that ;)
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have the prof you are wrong My Wr 300 with Cr electronics and a bone stock motor along with bone stock gearing
    Is super fast in the wide open desert of calif and the stock gearing works well in the tight trees of Idaho and Utah
    I ride it just fine with no 6 speed,no e start and many other options other bike come with BUT I will try a new husky once they come state side
    Captnemo likes this.
  6. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    You are a AA or national level rider aren't you? Maybe 15 or so years ago spectating national enduros and entering local ones, I came to the conclusion the top riders seemed to do just fine with essentially motox bikes obviously set up for the task at hand. Since the thead is about the ktm purchace of husky I will note Husky two stroke bikes of the up to 2014 basic design approximately 10 years ago eliminated the wider ratio that came in wr and used the closer ones that came in cr. When was the last year they even offered a cr 250? On the other hand Ktm came out with wider ratio bikes with a w on the end of the model line. I also noticed upon close examination of some top trophying husky riders if you blow up the pictures the fork/axle point is not what is on the website for sale to the public. Sure ktm has works forks for like $2000 in the hard parts catalog but I don't think this is as un noticed as one might expect.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    John I think the CR ignition is the key there. Must be some reason you put the electronics off a bike not built since 2002, on your WR300. Your Championship is proof it works.
  8. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    So the 2004 cr 250 is like my wr with 2002 on the steering neck and you look up parts on the 2004 sheet and got a 2004 certificate of origion?
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    What has 10 ISDE gold medals, four National Enduro titles, 13 GNCC XC2 wins, four AMA EnduroCross wins, three National Hare & Hound wins, two X Games gold medals and an AMA Motocross Championship?

I said Ty Davis, but then I realized that the list was WAY too short for Ty! :D

Husqvarna Motorcycles Welcomes Brown, Bobbitt, DeLong and Argubright for 2014!
    http://resmarket.com/husqvarna/13/13Husq_offroad-team_announced-PressRelease.html
    http://resmarket.com/husqvarna/13/13Husq_2014OffroadRaceTeam.pdf

I know, old news for us on here, but the posting looks kinda cool...
  10. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

my stock 09wr300 did 68 on the gps
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Trail Rider Magazine test of '02 WR360, had 89 MPH top speed. It was a Winter test and they said traction limited the top speed. My Husaberg TE250 2T with 13/52, instead of stock 13/50 can do 79 MPH and that's not full throttle. That was on my on my calibrated ICO enduro computer. I doubt I have the skill to twist it further.
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Yep that 6 speed gave those older WR's crazy top speed. I have vivid memories of doing 90+ on my 360 on one mile long straight at Bend a few years ago. Scared the crap out of me as I couldn't back off with the little whoops at that speed and my talent level. It also created a dust trail seen from space. :lol:
    Norman Foley and ray_ray like this.
  13. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    That dust trail may have been the only time anyone was able to find you !!
    Motosportz, wallybean and Kevin_TE250 like this.
  14. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 84 twin shock, water cooled, 400 was said to do an honest 100 mph stock. Not with me on it tho I think Moroney, my dealer and pretty fast kid, thought it was possible. We never actually clocked it. That bike was stolen from me.
    justintendo likes this.
  15. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Come on Norm that Orange Koolaid mixed with blue, white and yellow gots to be getting to ya. Iv'e rode some KX 250's I'll take the 300 Italian Husky anyday. And a 300 with the old six speed would SMOKE and I mean SMOKE a stock geared KX 250 on top end without a question. My old 250's with the six speed and stock 14 to a 48 tooth rear had blazing top speed and laid shame to many 250 Japanese motocrossers. Case closed and I won't argue cause in this case I know I'm right for sure. Your still good with me. I could care less what ya ride it's all good!:cheers:
    Norman Foley likes this.
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    As I said earlier... I couldn't wait to get back on a Husky, after riding a KX250. I'd take a WR300 over it any day.
    The WR300 with the 6 speed is an awesome bike. My friend Dave might have got off easier if he put the CR ignition on. He also converted it to 2002 tank, seat and plastics, as he never got along with the IMS tank for the later 250/300.
  17. huskyduck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    9 Huskys
    My TE is close enough for me..........

[IMG]
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

To take it just a little farther Back in 2008 My 2008 Stock Husky CR 125 Geared DOWN to 13/52 with its 6 speed had a top speed faster then just about any jap 2 stroke 250 out there racing the Nationals H&H . Yes I won the # 1 plate that year in the open class on the 125. I tried to retire that bike but some crazie mountain man made it a 165 and I raced it 2 times this year winning Last Dog standing and finishing King of the moto. But wait the Mt man has my motor again and I will ride it again at the 2014 KOM
    The poor little OLD Husky really needs to be retired but it just will not quit. I ride the 300 most of the time these days and it also will not quit. NOW the question of the day I will get a new Husky when they arrive but in a few years will I be able to say I had the same results.
  19. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    so r u the 176.6cc guinea pig
  20. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No 165 is enough Plus for most of my racing these days it is the CR 300 Until maybe a TE 300 comes my way