Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    sorry this isn't actual news per thread title

I believe this above quote and what is in the other thread from north america husky facebook is misleading. When BMW used Kymco to make that engine it was clearly announced that it was a totally different assembly line with if I recall correctly BMW personel watching over. One of the first things BMW did after purchacing husky was to send in an expert on getting quality parts from their suppliers. Things may well have changed in the next six years before this sale.

I am rather intrested in seeing what sort of twin they have in mind two years out not sure if that comment pertains to my export market or not.

Fran
  2. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    If you cant get through this may be the reason!
    Bad connection.jpg
  3. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hallo... My Name is "Bill" can I take your Order ?
  4. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    Not sure I like this comment. Seems to contradict some of SPs other statements. I know nothing of the India market bikes, but perhaps that's the stance he is referring to. It would seem to be logical if Husky has to double sales figures.
  5. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Think he means he´s into SM (not sado-maso)
    SDPUTTER likes this.
  6. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Some of those comments are directed toward the India market for urban transportation.
    boisedave likes this.
  7. Bart Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TC450, 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TM Racing EN300 and EN450
    I'm Dutch, the last sentence of the Noppennieuws interview defiantly says the Nuda, Terra/Strada will be discontinued, the rest of the model line will stay.
    huskyduck, Huskynoobee and CrankN like this.
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    This whole new owner thing, I dunno, but I think I'm just not that into it anymore. I'm tired of hearing SP tell half truths about how great this will be, and in the same breath telling us that we should be happy with some Indian parts on Husky bikes. I could care less about the world economy, and I already don't trust the new ownership.

Personally I think I'll be looking at Japanese bikes in the future, or at least pre Ktm Huskys. You can call me prejudiced if you want, but when Tata bought Hummer, the brand died in my eyes. If they start making Huskys, Katooms, and Bergs with Bajaj parts then they are already dead to me.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  9. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Well time to stop waiting with baited breath on every word the guy says. Take several steps back from the ledge, get the .45 out of your teeth, take your favorite Husky for a rip and let a little time pass. There isn't going to be much change on the surface for a year, maybe two. The Tiwan motor wasn't the end of the brand in fact many seem to love it.....but have already written off anything that maybe could kinda possibly happen or maybe not in the near or very distant future??!!! Get a hold of yourselfs ! Slap, Slap !
  10. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am with you and feel sorry for all the people that will buy into this (takeover) being OK.. Whatever. . Sorry but that is the way it will be. But forget the Japanese bikes as there is a lot of different choices out there!! If I can swing it I still may pick up a 13 Husky and who knows I would think they do not have time to retool for the 14's so they may be OK to. All really sad to me and I never ever thought anything like this would happen. I encourage everyone to ride what they like. But if it is a rebranded KTM with the exact same wheelbase rake and trail and suspension components as a KTM then I am out. Let's see what happens.
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    He may be going back and fourth but who knows. How many of us have gone back and fourth on what bike to get? Now imagine if that bike cost you a 100 million dollars.

If nothing, I'm sure he means well. He has a lot of pride in European design vs. Japanese. It may take a while for everything to work out until we find the new Huskies niche. Like Fletch said, there are other bikes out there. I'm sticking with Huskies because I know first and foremost my dealer will take care of me along with bills and halls. I still can't wait to own one regardless.
  12. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hold on Sir! There´s no reason to panic and go Japanese just yet! Think of all the alternatives. If things turn out really badly, we can always buy an old bike and re-build it. My greatest desire is an (new) old CCM:

www.joemaxwell-engeneering.com

AlanClews1.jpg
  13. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think most of the interviews have been pretty consistent, but we are losing a lot in the translations. I think we can believe that they are going to turn Husqvarna into a major player, and that is what most of us have wanted. They will be very good bikes although I am sure they will not be the same as now. It remains to be seen just how Italian they will be, maybe they will still be built in Italy, or maybe some of the Italian designers will be moved to Austria.
    SP did say that development has already started in Matigophen,(Austria) not sure what that entails yet.
    This is surely better than the alternative possibility of BMW just phasing out the brand or it being sold to China, so rejoice!
    To be honest, my two bikes are so good I don't even need to be worrying about where my next bike will be built for a long time.
    GP
  14. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Hummer died when they made the H2, aka the wannabe Hummer. The H3 was jumping the shark.

Made in CountryX doesn't mean parts from CountryX. So much panic here over little things. Indian made bikes aren't likely to ever hit the US shores anyways. They'll be made for India and Asia. This has all been covered...
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Maybe this thread needs to be locked also? This is getting old again ...
    454x and Lime like this.
  16. Radar Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Your still reading it.
  17. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    This bullshit has all happened before. And will happen again.
  18. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    In the last week we have had new interviews and posts by dealers with new info. Maybe we need to hold back on some of the more negative speculation and griping.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It was sold, not taken over and it happens all the time, just happened 5 years ago. Sign of the times and a global economy. OK with it? Did I have a choice? I love the brand but int he end it is a dirt bike, I'll live with whatever transpires and then buy whatever I can afford and like. Simple. No reason to get all worked up. Heck there is a possibility the original husky guys that went with Husaberg my be back in the mix and they are actually more like where husky was headed before BMW took over. Might be a good thing. Time will tell, vote with your wallet.

BTW rode a 2013 KTM 200 yesterday. Was a pretty good bike.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    let it roll, another one will just pop up and away we will go anyway. You can choose to read or not read any thread.
    4eyes, BadMotoWeazal, john01 and 2 others like this.