Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...so what's the big deal...coloring your orange plastics /graphics to blue/yellow with the Husky logo on it and slapping them on a KTM (can't be a Husaberg because they don't do moto)...it still ain't gonna be a Husky just cuz the graphics say so.... and they sure is hell ain't putting the 449 of old in the 450 class...also,READ :Husaberg=KTM clone...Cagiva slapped their updated exsisting motors into newer frames and started calling them Husky's and even the "elephant" showed up on a lot of Husky parts but Castiligioni decided early on to drop the Cagiva mx'er/enduro's in favor of the Husky evolvolution models.Think KTM is ever going to do that?...I don't think so...My only hope that some of the Husky R&D products(you know the secret stuff) shows up on them instead of just being clones.By the way..my opinion,you :censored:ed up royally when you closed the Italian/Varese factory ,Mr. Pierer :thumbsdown:
  2. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    In what way? He already has production capacity for KTM and Husaberg, and we have been very plainly told that now Husaberg = Husqvarna. What does he need the Varese factory for?
    454x likes this.
  3. Arctra Husqvarna
    AA Class

Interesting

I would almost buy a new bike just to get the Husabery/KTM's WP CS4 suspension alone!
    The DDS clutch is a great concept from what I can make out. I am a Rekluse fan so clutch feel has not really bothered me.

The BIG question in my mind, is it PDS or Linkage? And is it traditional swingarm, or CTS? I'm hoping it's CTS as this tech makes a LOT of sense to me (even though I've never ridden it, and from what I understand it changes the feel of the bike quite a bit).
  4. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    I put my money on this.....

Just change the frame and spring to white. ;)

FE501.jpg
  5. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800

Nice bit of subtle photoshopping there Tinken. ;)
    robertaccio, MotoXotica and Tinken like this.
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Amazing What can happen to a company when you get rid of a few of the people who in my opinion did not do much for the advancement of the product.Then add a new owner who once again in my opion or from what you can see is a offroad fan.Not a suit and tie adventure rider like some of the BMW people were Plus the fact that one of the only people from the original Husky corona office is Andy Jefferson a
    full on off road guy.Who even races a Husky .Then add the fact who knows more about and who has raced the Husky for the past few years and even still rides and races one Then add in the fact that zip Ty still has a relationship with
    Husky at least with the people who care about the advancement of the product Who could Husky
    possibilty pick who knows more and has accest to a true off road team.Remember all the past
    racers who tryied to race for Husky under the guidance of Zip Ty Racing
    Well the future of Husky might just be the start of a new begining Some thing BMW never had a clue
    on how to do I originally thought BMW might be a good thing but soon saw that BMW had no idea what it take to be a Husky fan Thank god they are gone and someone else is at least trying or at least he says he will
    I for one am glad the future looks great and I am still a Husky fan
    Now I want to go riding
    MikeB, Norman Foley, Tinken and 5 others like this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  8. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am interested to know the answer to this too ?
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Berg with updates specific to husky is what I am guessing. Thats what the new man said and what a 501 is. Think this in different colors with some changes...

[IMG]
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    2014 is going to be a transitional year with the left over stock we are already seeing as "2014 huskys" and some Bergs (KTMs) with some changes and new graphics. 2015 should be all bergs (KTMs) and with any luck some new huskys with an all new design based on the KTMs but with more husky flavor. Huskys will be unique like bergs are unique, 90% KTM with some changes.
  11. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, I am fairly up to speed with what's happening.

I personally think it is better to not confuse the issue by referring to Husabergs as Husky models yet.

That fateful day will come soon enough !
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Nice, very nice....
  13. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:

As the owner of two CTS bikes, I remain puzzled by the reluctance to spread this system....especially on offroad bikes...perpetual traction is a very cool thing. Its easy to service and takes about 10 seconds to get used to the wider peg stance. I think we are being trapped by tradition and perception.....now if someone like Casseli had dominated WORCS on one a couple years ago we might see attitudes change.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Bolt on caps? I have not seem that on a motorcycle in years. Maybe I just have not been paying attention. So it brings the question why? Is it a bushing type (no bearing)? If not all that does is add weight and reduce strength. I don't get it.

All rods i have seen look like this...

[IMG]
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I agree. Mine was really good stock (TE511) and now with ZipTy revalved and slightly shortened shock it is simply magic. Floats over everything and crawls forward amazingly well. I did learn though after the zipTy ECU remap a steady throttle is far better for climbing than yanking the throttle around as it has so much power now it break loose EZ. I would love to try CTS on a 2 stroke.

2015 WR175 with CTS, top linkage shock with zerks, 3.2 gallon slim tank, and wide ratio 6 speed please.
    4eyes, wallybean and 454x like this.
  16. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:

BMP had a 'salvage' race team 449 frame at one time and I tried to talk Bill into dropping a 300 in it....but it doesnt look like it fits...but I never considered the 125/144/165 approach.....hmmmmmm
  17. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Lets build a Cafe Husky TE/WR!! Everyone can contribute parts, knowledge, etc! Then we can all ride it at the next CH gathering!!
    510 SM SC likes this.
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    In that MXA article they used a 449/511 motor photo above their comments referring to the current TC250 motor.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    anything will fit but the drive ion the motor is on the wrong side.
    robertaccio likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

i saw that. Goofy.