1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc cr 125 2011

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by poynedexter, Jan 28, 2011.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    The Cr 09 on models seem to have this slight flat spot/ transition weakness which doesnt appear to be present in older 04-08 CR TMX fed bikes - even on the video you can see there is a bit of one .
    I dont think its the carb as the older TMX is suppose to be worse. The 04 I rode just ripped as do others
    I think it must be the newer ignition related or is it the different head design ?
    I am not talking WR bogs that can also be ignition related .
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The problem is a lean spot at the 1/2 to 3/4 throttle that you just can't get out.
  3. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

ok so the next stage of my testing involved a needle and a pipe. my dealer didn't have the 6chy 16 62 needle from the rm125, but he did have a 6chy 17 63, which according to the chart is 2 needles leaner than the one you guys are recommending.

i fitted it in the mid clip position and it felt very rich in the mid as the revs rose. i dropped the needle one clip and bingo, it felt fantastic. strong power from top to bottom. real thich power. the bike was easy to ride and revs very clean. the richer pilot i had fitted now feels like it could go back to standard but i'm only thinking maybe.

i fitted the hgs pipe and away we go. i only noticed a light change with the pipe. the mid range power is lvly and thick, for a 125 lol and its easy to ride.

now we have a race bike, yeeeee haaaa. heres a couple of pics husky 125 pics 008.jpg husky 125 pics 010.jpg husky 125 pics 009.jpg

the plug is a nice tan colour. might look a bit lean in the pic but its really tan. it feels like real factory bike now. cant wait to try the 5 slide
  4. StBlazeyMX Husqvarna
    B Class

We have just spent the day testing our bikes @ Plymouth City Moto Parc England, our bikes are now running full HGS systems with 35 Pilot, 470 Main, Std needle but just raised the needle one clip, super unleaded fuel, power valve adjusted to 3/4. The reesponse from both our riders was a dramatic improvement in the low to mid range power compared to standard.
    We also at the moment have a bike being tuned by Karl Prestwood (ex Husqvarna Factory Team Mechanic plus top rider also used to built 2C pipes for Huskys) we will give an update when we get the bike back from him on the improvments made to the bike.
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

thats interesting, cause from standard, i thought going 1 clip richer was not an improvement and made the pipe to rich on corner exits.from standard my plug was lean. the powervalve and sprocket were tho big pluses.

i had a 98 cr125 with a chiodi kit barrel and pipe and i thought it made the bike too hard to ride and preferred the stock bike. so lets hope carl doesn't push the power up the revs too much.

there is a big difference in the standard and chy needle in profile.
  6. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

i'm running 4/4ths on the pv by the way.
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    The 5.0 slide will probably make you go leaner, you might have to move a clip back to the middle. Make sure you go up on your main and I'd get the 6 CHY-16-62 on order.

Also, looks like you had to run your spanner rings down pretty far to set your rear sag. You might need to go stiffer on your rear spring. Hard to tell though in the picture.
  8. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

oh yes the 16-62 needle and 5 slide are on order, and the sag hasn't been touched from standard yet. i'm waiting till we are out of the mud to get those numbers sorted tho. i'll get a bigger main too. [IMG]
  9. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

husky 125 pics 004.jpg husky 125 pics 001.jpg husky 125 pics 002.jpg well i finally got some dry time on the bike and am very impressed. with a 470 main its still a bit weak on the plug but boy this bike revs well. i took the head off to check for detonation and it was perfect and so clean. just over 1 week till race 1
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Looks good! What pilot are you running? 45?
  11. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

no chum its back to standard 35. 470 main. standard shock set at 103/ 27 with some more damping clicked in on comp and reb. 52 rear sprox. hgs front pipe. pv adjusted. 6chy needle and going well. i'll prob fiddle about with the pilot and main this weekend.
  12. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    thats some decent air you're getting there
    looks like you are next to a farm
  13. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

yea rockd, the track is sea level and surrouned by farmland. we are under pressure with noise issues but we are doing our best to keep it open. there's only about 8 riders can use the track to keep things ok with the council.
    one of the guys who does tracks around the world did the place, johnny douglas hamilton. he made a track with loads of options.

that jump is about 10m out of a long corner pinned in third. (its a very nice take off tho, makes it easy). probably 15m at least.

i've now got a 480 main jet to try and a 490 on route too.
  14. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

so with about 10hrs or less on the bike i've got a bad fork seal. the oil i took out of both chambers was a bit mirky. i've been told to put 325cc into the outer chamber. does this sound right? i'm not sure how alike these forks are to the other jap kyb's. apparently these are made under license by paioli in italy?

husky 125 pics 005.jpg husky 125 pics 006.jpg husky 125 pics 007.jpg
  15. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

hey blazey, did you ever get some feedback from kp?

i had my first race of the year last weekend in a local meeting. against all 250fs in the a/b mx2 class. i had so much fun on quite a horsepower hilly track. my bike was pretty dam good and i more or less raced and finished where i would on any 4 stroke. i compared lap times with the guys i'll be racing in the vets class next week and i was on the money. i did struggle a little to settle into ruts tho and a suspension guy thought it looked a bit soft on the back.

so i have now pulled the rear spring off (50N) and fitted a 52n. the standard spring gave me 103/27 so i set the new one at 23mm and will measure sag later. i hope its 95mm.

i have kinda left the engine alone now.

is anyone elseout there mx'ing on cr125's out there and how are u getting on??????
  16. StBlazeyMX Husqvarna
    B Class

We have now had 2 motors done one by KP and the other one got sorted out for us by Turks @ TAS Suzuki, which has been done to the same spec as the bike that Meo rode at the Italian GP in 2009. Both bikes are very impressive both riders reckon they are so much better than std, the motor done by TAS is as good as a 144 kit that eric gorr done for us on a Suzuki a few years ago. We are now starting to get to grips with the suspension front end we have gone down to 3.9 springs we are just waiting to get the rear end sorted need to get slighty lighter spring but might get a bladder conversion done at the same time.

Just not got enough time between meetings at the moment to be changing things as both riders live over 250 miles from the shop and the engines took alot longer to get done we had hoped so we lost three weeks of testing.
  17. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    hey poynedexter...make sure you have one of these in your toolbox. http://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-Seal-Mate-Cleaner/dp/B0039LDF4A

Many times those seals are still good, just have a small piece of ''who knows what'' under the lip letting oil out. Have been able to slip this in and under the seal rotate it around the fork and pull out with the lip resealing with the leak stopped.

Now, nothing beats a good rebuild, but a weekend race/ride can be saved with a quick cleanout and confirmation of the seal seating good on the metal. Just did this over the weekend.

I like your pictures...good stuff and good luck...
  18. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

lol pa, i'd normally use a feeler gauge but after a few muddy weeks those forks deserved a freshen up lol.

hey st blazeymx i got my bike from young turk @ tas, he's one of the good ones out there. keeps me pointed in the right direction. let me know what you guys are doing shock wise. your guy must be a lightweight to need a softer rear spring. there doesnt feel like theres too much rebound damping going on in there.
  19. smallman222 Husqvarna

hi m8 jus need sum advice on the jettin and powervalve adjuster hows ur bike runnin cheers
  20. poynedexter Husqvarna
    B Class

at the min she's running fine. i've been told to lean the main right off. the plug looked kinda weak so i ended up at 480. i'm now down to 450 and been advised that it'll run well and wont nip up at 450. i have only adjusted the air screw a little in the last 2 months and the powervalve still at nearly full up the slot. so i've been on the original piston and rings since january and all is well, no issues in the motor yet. soon i'll check the piston and fit a ring.

are u having trouble? the one thing is you gotta rev these bikes hard and then some more.

one thing i've struggled with is getting the bike to turn in nicely without wanting to understeer. so i'm getting softer fork springs and the midvalve eased off a little this week hopefully to let the bike dip a little more. this only became an issue after riding a ktm350 and a 250f cr. those bike held a line so well into corners. my sag is ok so i thought it could be the fork.