DIY revalve of TC forks?

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by NWRider, Oct 30, 2010.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Good deal. Thanks for the feedback.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Here are a few pics that show what my forks can and cannot do on trails \ roads .... Most of our ST here can be ridden with some speed so I don't have the issue you describe above with trails to tight to carry speed on and my forks are OK in most all cases except for what is shown below...

I also added some sag to the front as was running the forks very high in their stroke at first looking for some plushness at the top of the stroke but this really did not help much I think now after adding a more acceptable sag amount ...

The first two pics show what kills me ... I like riding down dry creek beds but it seems like I get 95% feed back up thru the bars on the rocks... Seems like speed helps some but in most cases, I can't carry speed in these places ... It's like I just pound off each rock at 1MPH ...

The remaining pics show some gnarly roads where I might get some feed back but nothing really harsh unless I hit something that has a really sharp edge or I'm going really fast ...

Attached Files:

3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I was at a track all last week and the forks worked well I feel ... no bottoming and several areas had some jumps I could not double so I was hitting on flat ground somewhat or doing some small step-up and step-down jumps ....

The bike liked to bounce on some of the landing so I just kept closing the rebound clickers till I was 4 clicks from fully closed ...This stopped the bounce on landings but left the forks feeling somewhat ~dead when the bike was sitting still and just compressing the forks ... There was 1 whoops section and just smaller bumps on the track in a few places and the forks felt ok there ....

But does it sound normal to slow the rebound down to this degree?