Flexx bars by Fasst Co.

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Creeper, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got one company already... and I can barely keep up with that. :oldman:

Besides, Fasst Co. owner Cole Townsend really takes quite a bit of pleasure and pride in making these bars.
    I might buy a bit of stock if he ever goes public.:p

C
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Fun fact... the pivot points are piston pins.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I run 12 degree Mini Bars, cut down a bit. I'm 28.5" to outside of bark busters. This isn't just "Old School" East Coast woods stuff, this is the most naturally comfortable width for me. After a life time of farm work, horseshoeing and little accidents.... I'm a poster child for repetitve motion wrist injuries. I run the softest elastomers and just got the rebound kit. I run 10 degree Mini Bars (29") on my trials bike, softest elastomers rebound and damping.

I run Cycra Pro center reach guards with BRP mounts flipped in, because of my narrow bar width.

The cross bars are a perfect place for my ICO Checkmate XL and I always run my kill switch right, so I can have my ICO thumbswich left. I also run a Boyesen Flex Grip/Shock Out grip. I'm sure another rider would think my setup is too loose, but I love it!:D

[IMG]
  4. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

How timely. I bought a set about a month ago. Forgot to get the barkbuster mounts, so I ordered them. And then I realized that that the center tube was 1 1/8 and wasn't going to fit my 7/8 bars on my 07 WR 250. So I've finally tracked down an adapter. So after a month of screwing around and spending a ton of money, I might finally get them on this weekend.

I have an Ulnar nerve issue, that causes my right hand to go to numb within about 15 minutes of racing. I hope this helps.
  5. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Makes sense for the app. Bet they're fun to thread for the handguard mounting bolts... even with CNC equipement.
    Maybe they buy them before they're finish tempered so they're a bit easier to machine.

C
  6. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Man... that is Eastern Woods narrow. I've gone down to 29.5" before, but that's my limit. I need all the leverage I can get. :oldman:
    10 degree on the trialer makes perfect sense to me.

Mmmm... hard to say. I've been reading up on ulnar nerve damage, causes and symptoms and there seem to be a variety of reasons for an onset of symptoms.
    I'd be interested to hear what you have to say after a few rides with Flexx bars.

C
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for the feedback C.
  8. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

[IMG]
    are the elastomers taken from a skateboard truck???

r
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I find I have less leverage as my bars get too wide.
  10. Droolsport Husqvarna
    A Class

I like my Flexx bars, bought them off ebay for $250. I had to buy the BRP hand guard mounts for $50 but they are nice and keep the guards from binding the bar flex. I see Cycra now makes a full wrap around guard that works with the Flexx bars.

Nice bike!
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Bolt goes clear through, no tapping.
  12. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

On the latest bars, using the (relatively) new, in-house design, Flexx, 2 piece "handguard hitch", the handlebar pivot axle is threaded at the front end... the bolts for the handguard mount screw directly into the axle.

[IMG]

There is a steel bushing (not seen in the photo) that the bolt clamp load is applied to, in effect extending the axle, and the larger of the two aluminum links shown pivot on that.

[IMG]

C
  13. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Their original hitch (made by BRP) through bolts and even the new Cycra handguards, specifically made for the Flexx bar, uses a bolt that goes clear through but like Chris says their new "handguard hitch" threads in the the "wrist pin". Pretty slick.
  14. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

I'll let you know. I crashed bad on my trials bike over a year ago and really smashed my hands. Nothing broken, but plenty of trauma. Couldn't ride or close my right hand for two months. The numbness has subsided some, but not gone away completely.

I know I have compression in my elbow, because if I lay my arm over my chest while sleeping, my hand goes to sleep. They can perform surgery for that, but that's a last resort for me.
  15. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have similar issues... and for similar reasons. Back in the mid to late 80s I rode trials in SoCal. I was getting some practice in before the Trials De Espana... jumped of a small cliff of about 12 ft and didn't get enough lift on the frontend.
    Long story short, I shattered several of the carpal (a few proximal, a few distal) bones in both of my hands.

C
  16. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

Geez, another thing we have in common. 640 Adventures, same age, trials injuries. I broke my back riding trials 20 years ago. Intensive care 3 days, hospital 5 weeks, body cast 8 weeks, blah blah blah... Nobody thinks you can get hurt riding trials. That is not until you advance to the upper levels. You've got to have skills and big balls.
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I thought about getting into trials for a brief time because it looked safer. I asked over in the trials section of TT "does anyone have a vid of trials gone bad", that looked a little painful.
  18. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have Flexx bars and am looking at your GPS 60CS setup, and am curious what mount you are using, and how it is attached. I am using the RAM mount, but have not been 100% happy with it and the Flexx bars.

Thanks,
    Blake
  19. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

BC, Here is the setup on my 650R. I used the Ram handlebar mount with the 60CSX. There may be a tad less real estate but you can usually make it work on both sides. On my Husky I have a ball mounted left and right (no pics yet). One for the GPS and one for a roll chart or another accessory.

[IMG]
  20. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Trials is really safe at the beginner to sub-intermediate level... but at some point you might get good enough to ride extremely challenging and frequently quite dangerous sections.
    The expert (and even intermediate) class is where a high level of technical skill is mandatory. The (potential) level of injury is somewhat in proportion to the complexity or difficulty of the maneuvers you attempt.
    Rock sections (or should I say boulders) are frequently a big part of trials. You don't wear much for protective gear, so when you do fall, appendages tend to break.

Jumping off a 15 ft cliff into a stream bed filled with rocks at 2 MPH is not uncommon, but if you don't get that last 6" of front wheel lift... :eek:

C