Flexx bars by Fasst Co.

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Creeper, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Right........................ I'll let others do that :lol:
  2. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a EE "universal mount" that I cut the crap out of.
    I drilled and tapped a hole in the top, left center of the top handlebar clamp (a Scott's top mount damper type clamp) and bolted thru the EE post mount offset to directly into that.

You may be able to see it better in this photo.

[IMG]

Here's a photo I swiped from the Fasst Co facebook page:

[IMG]

They made a 3-point mount aluminum block that bolts to the crossbars, and fit rubber mounts to the block... from there, you could mount just about any GPS cradle.
    This is one of the prototype mounts I referred to in my first post... it may be an example of a production item at some point.
  3. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

When I was a beginner, it's not like I started out on 15 ft cliffs... but once you get past about 6-7 feet, there's not much room to pull a boner. :p

What does Clint Eastwood say? "A man has to know his limitations".

C
  4. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's a lot of "balls" there brother. :lol:
  5. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Got me... I've not ridden a skateboard since '73'ish. You'd have to ask Fasst Co.

C
  6. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Some folks have asked, so I contacted Cole at Fasst Co. regarding replacement parts for damaged bars.
    He says this:

To look at it from another perspective, who can you name that offers a 50% discount on their product... to replace a product that you damaged?

So... there ya' go.
    C
  7. PhilM Husqvarna

I echo the need for these. They took a while to get used to, but now I can not ride for longer than 20 or so miles without them.

I use the 15 degree on the 610 and the 12 degree MX on the RM250. You must use the pivot system with bark busters or they do not work correctly.
  8. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

I have given up trying to mount my Flexx bars. Anybody want to buy them? I've got the 12 degree Enduro model with handguard hitches. I also have BRP 1 1/8 mounts, because my bike came with 7/8 bars, if anybody wants them. I did trim the bars for woods riding and they are now 30 3/8" wide.

I am getting interference between my handguard hitch and front brake hose. Also the hitches don't place my barkbusters in the position I like. And my throttle cable is just barely long enough with these bars. Part of the issue is, I also run a 1/2 inch riser, under my mounts.

Anyway I'm just frustrated with the whole process, don't really want to buy different handguards or whatever to get them to work, as I've already spent a fortune of this stuff. Without the hitches and barkbusters, there would be no issues, but I have to run them.

Would be willing to sell the pieces separately too. Any takers?
  9. PhilM Husqvarna

I am intrested. How much for the whole set up shipped to ZIP 95682?

Thanks,

Phil
  10. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I encountered a similar problem when trying to fit Acerbis guards... they pointed upwards badly.
    Even with a good amount of "tweaking" I just couldn't bring the bars down to level, or my preferred position of slightly below level.

I ended up fitting a set of Zeta guards that I had... with a small amount of tweaking I was able to adjust them to a level position.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I've mentioned to Cole at Fasst. Co. that I had these issues, and that for an improvement in fitment for the handguards I have... the hitches should extend down and out further than they currently do.

C
  11. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes, same problem for me too. The guards stuck too far up, for my tastes. I've just got the standard EE or Moose barkbusters. I figured the "drop" style might work better.

Bigger issue was my front brake hose was interfering with the hitch. Maybe a different banjo fitting would fix the problem, but I'm just done screwing around and mounted up a set of standard bars.

Slick way to mount your mirrors, but that would never work for me. I'd peel them off on trees.
  12. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

List is $500. I paid $455, not including shipping expenses. I'll sell it all for $400 and whatever the shipping is.
  13. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Quick detachable. :p
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I have a kind of convoluted mounting arrangement. Cycra center reach guards with BRP mounts flipped in for my narrow bar width. Works for me.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks like a solid set-up and a good angle on the guards Norman. :thumbsup:

I suspect, considering there are so many brands of handguards and so many variations of mounting that it's near impossible to accommodate every conceivable possibility.
    For those that are buying new handguards anyway, it's not a biggie, but for us folks that have 2-3 sets of perfectly good handguards laying around and don't really want a 3rd or 4th set, it can be a bit of a challenge.

C
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Blue for compression and yellow for rebound, me too. Makes my stiffer-than-TXC shocks feel like fluffy TE suspension. Those long nasty washboard roads vibrate the hell out of your hands, but with that compression combo, I don't even feel them. Ty Davis and Gary Sutherlin both race with them which is a good sight to see since I know how great of lengths they go to conserve weight.
  17. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have the Flex Bars my son got for me for Fathers Day on my 2008 CRWB 165 and they are so good that every time I ride a bike without them I complain. Great product!
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    What MotoSportz and others said. Owner Cole is super good people and customer service is tops. I showed up at the WestChec AMA Gorman qualifier enduro and Cole was there with the support van, he asked me to roll my bike over and promptly dissasembled my FlexxBars and installed new bushings and reset the preload. Great stuff, upgrade with no issues or questions other than what I was looking for in my bars. Thanks FasstCo-Flexxbars
    my take, heavy equipment mod but feel offsets the weight gain.
    add LR to list of FlexxBar users (thats where mine came from)
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It's not a huge deal, and I am not sure who you were quoting, but this is a *really* old thread, and some (several?) of the participants are not around anymore - in case you did not notice and you were expecting a reply.
    Tinken likes this.
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I was quoting Creeper. It's an old thread, but a very good one that could be revitalized a little. It isn't a ton of pages either. Newer members could benefit from old threads like this.
    454x likes this.