Gas Gas 2014

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Aug 30, 2013.

1. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't know what 13-14 weights are but my 2011 is the same as my 09 WR300 , 255 ready to ride
  2. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

3. CCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 WR250 11 WR250
    photo (1).JPG

I've ridden the 13 GG but not the Beta yet. Didn't notice the weight on the GG until I dropped it. My bud seems to like it.
  4. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    You mentioned that the front end pushes, like a Yamaha push or a set up push? The reason i ask is i'm very much sold on the 300 smoker to join the old WR i have, where would you say the handling is compared to the 2009 or 2013 WR's? Weight i can live with to a degree but expect something that steers on the front wheel not a slider which generally are head shakers also. Your opinion please, Gas Gas will be the next and last scooter purchase. {age]:)
  5. gasgas17 Husqvarna
    A Class

I am on my 3rd GasGas, and I can assure you that they are the most stable easy turning bikes I have owned. No need for a steering damper for most and turn on a dime. We have a 2011 husky CR 150 too, and that one handles great also.
    pat ohara likes this.
  6. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Don't get me wrong. I drank beer Friday and Saturday and had no time to practice and entered Senior A on sunday and took second not even caring! At slow to medium speeds the bike feels pretty good. The engine signed off a tish early. BUT was VERY forgiving! Does not stall. Kick starts easily and is known to be bullet proof! AND HAS A 6-speed tranny and a larger stock tank then a WR 250! The 13's have and improved rear subframe then the 12's. But in the event of a flip over or horrible crash plan on shelling out $$$$$ to fix. I NEVER had any problems with mine and rode it without fear! I had nice tires installed from new and adjusted the height of the forks etcc. However just like dirt bike (or dirt rider?) magazine said the front end has a slightly funky feel. Ergos I thought were SWEET and roomy. The weight is not noticeable except after crashing or pushing hard! Also in the whoops! Trying to push a 265 pound bike (with fuel and no electric start!!!) through the whoops is taxing. Steering lock is improved on the 13's as well. HOWEVER !! In tight woods, still NOT enough. Again if I were a B rider, I would not even notice most of these flaws. But the faster you push anything, that is when you discover the ins and outs. Stability is VERY good and I really don't think I would even need a dampener. Yes a good bike and a great trail bike. IF THIS BIKE WERE 15 TO 20 POUNDS LIGHTER. WOW!!! Would you have a bike. On looks alone I must saqy much better looking then a Husky and part of the weight comes by a nice exhaust beefy skidplate well built engine (Heavy) etc.... The WR may be outdated, but if I had to choose for me I am SURE I can ride the WR faster then the Gasser for a few reasons. At least 10 pounds and the Brakes!!! The weight of the Gasser is taxing on the brakes. And well Brembos are premo Again I am not talking crap about the Gasser and have no hard feelings. And if money was no concern would have several of everything. Well except one..........................And everyone knows what I am referring to. LOL.................
    pat ohara and lankydoug like this.
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

8. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Non electric start 245 no fuel ES like 274 with fuel!!! Yikes................
  9. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Thanks for the feedback, i'll take the observations to heart coming from:popcorn: you guys. That seals it, keepin the old WR but stepping into Gas Gas world in the spring. A disclaimer is in order, i would never thought of changing brands after all these yrs. but hey things change. I owned one of those brands you alluded too and i can't imagine their popularity, Thanks Again.