Glenn Kearney and his new 310cc engine

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by tommie d, Sep 27, 2010.

1. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    Does anybody know if Husqvarna got Glenn the parts he needs to put his new 310cc engine in his bike? T&E News reported he got the engine from Husqvarna before the Maine National Enduro but did not get the rest of the parts to fit into the frame. Way to go Husqvarna :thumbsdown:
    I just hope he stays with them for the 2011 season as this kid rocks :thumbsup: Anyone who kicks butt on a 250cc with most everyone else riding a 450cc bike is a HERO in my book.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'm not sure he rocks.... Glenn is consistently beaten by XC2 riders in GNCC. His overalls are lower than his XC1 placings. Even when he got an XC1 podium this year, he was 4th overall, 2nd 250F to Russell.

I think he's had his chance with Husky, time for Jason Thomas to step up to the full Husky ride.
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Jason's bike didn't run very good yesterday. Really hurt his results and I don't think he was too happy about it.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I was wondering when I saw this was a wet race, If they prepped his air box well enough. I know my '09 WR125 needed some serious attention, especially at the front top of the airbox at gas tank junction.
  5. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Go GLENN KEARNEY !!! :thumbsup:
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I watched Glenn on Motology (Adam Riemanns site) and he was down on himself and said he fell below his expectations, he came here the king of Oz enduro (which is usually an instant podium guy).And has fell short of his goals.
    In my opinion (for what that is). Glenn needs to completly change his program. and hit 2011 hard as nails with a whole new deal. Hope for him he can still get winning capable ride, these young guns are hot items right now. I would run Glennand one young gun both on 310s for 2011 (that motor is now basically proven)
    I would tell Glenn to come out here (west) offseason and spend a month or 2 with Ryno Hughes at his Ryno Institute and really get his MIND and body ripped to win. Ryno builds winners.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sorry Rob, but as nice a young man as Glenn is... his day has passed. I've watched him for a long time back east and he just doesn't have what it takes to win at the top level. Fred Hoess, who is no Spring Chicken, jumped on a stock TXC 250 with a pipe and beat Glenn with a highly massaged TXC250 at the Maine National Enduro.

Glenn has had 3 seasons on Huskys with fairly poor results. He blamed the first seasons results on Scott Summers, he blamed the second on Wyatt Sealls. Who is at fault this time.... Husky putting him on the TXC250? He wanted to ride it and other XC2 riders on 250F's can beat him. If Rodney Smith couldn't bring the champion out in Glenn, then I guess it isn't there. Husky need a new team... period.
  8. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, it's pretty harsh to hear but I agree with Norm. I don't think that comparing Kailub Russell to him is fair though. Kailub has beaten almost every xc1 guy and next year he's almost certain to be a podium regular in the xc1 class
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just saw a vid and it was dry! I saw a pic of Strang in what turned out to be the creek section, so I thought it was a wet race... Not!:busted:
  10. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    Wow, I hope this does not turn into a "We don't like Glenn anymore" thread. Well what the hey, in the last ten years Husqvarna USA was never one to hire "Young Guns" anyway, in any capacity. Glenn was of the first one's I can think of. "GO GLENN GO"

So does anyone know if he got the 310cc engine in his bike yet?
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Whats the story with this ?
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I still like Glenn, but time for a new Team Husky Rider. If you didn't want the thread to be about Glenn's performance and just the 310, you could have left out the last part of your post. Seb Guillaume got a 5th on the 310 in a French National Enduro round a few weeks ago.

Husky did hire some young guns 10 years ago for GNCC.... Joel Dengler and Marc Grossman. Unfortunately, the money ran out quickly.
  13. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Young guns + WR's of all sizes = lower operating cost (for bikes as well as younger, not established and demanding more pay). Will also give shot in arm to selling two strokes for the woods as husky still has good fighters in that fight against less manufacturers.

I am still a Glenn Fan. His body has been beat like a rag doll and he still comes back. He had not so great luck with mechanicals and he still stays cheery. PMI is positive mental attitude. He has that and he just has to break out of the 4-6 place slump. That can mess with ya at any level of compretion. Comaprison to others is not really accurate as he has beat Whibley most races this year and Whib smoked EVERYONE last year in GNCC!
  14. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am curious to see how Cory G makes out this weekend in IN at the National Enduro. I personally think he is the future of Husq racing in NA.

I think that Kearney is done with Husky at the end of the season regardless of what we think. He has made it pretty clear that he wants to go home at the end of the season. His brother Ben told me he is staying in NA next year and is looking for a ride.
  15. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Scotty,
    See if you can snag Bart to ride for Husky Canada in 2011 while he is at Montreal this weekend.
    That would rule!
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I got it Strang is to Kearney as Blasusiak is to Oblucki

And the Canadian G brothers are the future

OK maybe seek out a new team, Still I stand by that if GK wants game (or if he really wants to try) he must start from square one with his entire program, in the tween season.

This is directed at him personally not for him to be selected to a team. But for GK to get in podium form. New mentality,new type of training, new environment away from the comfort zone.
    (On a personal choice level) It can be done ask vet WMX pro J Patterson, granted she has more than a few championships under the belt but no-one saw the older (vet age) rider coming into 2010 and beating the new young guns. With her "old" program it would have not happened. She went back to square one in the off season and fairly beat all the 10 year younger riders for another WMX crown.
    GK has talent but has for sure lost the edge/grit/ I hope he can make his last season something good to remember for himself.
    But GK if you're listening get out of your comfort zone and change your program completely, give it a shot one time before heading back to OZ.

You guys are correct by stats, he's got a bunch of strikes to prove himself against during a time when he is in vet status and in this game should be established by now, tough when those other guys are beating you regularly.
  17. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

18. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Some of you experts crack me up. Glenn has done very well for the support that he has been given. Unless YOU can beat him (or even race 2 hours without him lapping you) you should probably keep it shut...
  19. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't think anyone said anything bad about Glenn at all. He has done even better than expected in my opinion as a "Team of one" in the national enduros and the GNCC's. Most of his events are east coast centric and this does not enable hime to partner up with the Zip Ty crew very often.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    from my inbox... email from gncc. dated Sept 26, 2010

Glenn Kearney had one of his best rides of the year to finish fifth, the factory Husqvarna rider taking advantage of a new 310cc kit for his 250 TXC.

"I got a really good start and I think I rode good," said Kearney. "I screwed up on a couple of hills and fell down in the dust a few times, but the new 310 worked really well, especially for the first race with it."

XC1 Results:

1. Josh Strang (Suz)

2. Charlie Mullins (Yam)

3. Cory Buttrick (KTM)

4. Thad Duvall (Yam)

5. Glenn Kearney (Hsq)

6. Barry Hawk Jr. (Yam)

7. Paul Whibley (Yam)

8. Chris Bach (KTM)

9. Shane Obabion (KTM)

10. Justin Williamson (Kaw)

XC1 Standings: