Got The Voyager GPS mounted up...

Discussion in 'Motosportz' started by Motosportz, Apr 15, 2011.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Nice radiator and I have my sensor mounted about the same place on my bike ... The device shows my water temp at ~251F degrees when the water boils over ... Does your bike boil at about the same shown temp? What about your running temp just cruising around on roads or trails?

2. Robert Gulden Husqvarna
    A Class

Insanely off the topic, but did you ever design new graphics Kelly?
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I would think you would want to run a voltage reg no matter what when powering anything.
  4. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I was going to but when i called one of the techs said "sure it can handle it" then i discovered that user input screen and followed up on what I was seeing on it. Sincei already have blindlyt told others "sure its fine" too-lol
  5. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda

Ray I'll give you a little better report after this weekend. The club I belong to is hosting an enduro this weekend so I should be able to get a better idea of where my bike normally runs as far as the temperature goes. I know I shouldn't say it but my bike has never boiled over, I came close in Virginia before when climbing babyhead and loose rocks uphill for a couple hundred yards for lack of traction. The fan usually comes on at about 215-220F.
  6. waserman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW KTM Honda
    Ray my running temp seems to stay below 200 for the most when running down the road or 2 track with moderate elevation changes, of course all of this has to do with ambient temperature. I ran over to a friends house yesterday all blacktop roads until I got to farm where he lives a little trip through the woods and creek up a few field hills and over to the house avg. temp 186 degrees, high 213 and I think the high was when I shut it off.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Thanks .. That sounds about like mine, maybe a little lower ... I guess my bike is OK ..I was thinking maybe my radiators or something was causing heat build up at all times when riding...
  8. PineapplePicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Harley-Davidson FXSTI