Hiker's STINK EYE caught on video!

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by fitness2go, Jun 29, 2010.

1. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Brett, Joe and I were out for a nice Wednesday ride in the mountains when we came across two lady hikers. Check out the stink eye from the first lady covering her nose. What you don't see is that as Brett went by, after he stopped to say a friendly hello, is the lady waving her hand in front of her nose, almost going into a child-like tantrum because we were there! She looked like she was writhing in agony and about to pass out from holding her breath. I would have stopped to say hello, but she being rude so I said "Hi" as I went by. I wanted to tell her that I had to suck in the fumes from her car getting out to the mountains.

When you click on the video below, select a larger viewing area and change the resolution to 720...it might start up that way. I push play and once it starts to load, I push pause so that it loads a good amount before I watch it. If you don't want to watch the whole video, the stink eye is at the 5:22 mark. I took a snap shop of her face!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJDLzpF_wGc&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJDLzpF_wGc&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    [IMG]
  2. HuskyT Moderator

Tree huggers and OWL savers are everywhere.

T
  3. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Had you taken a bath recently? :lol:
  4. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    All we can do is try and be as courteous as possible.

If I can when I meet someone on the trail I either stop or better yet shut off my bike and slowly coast by them.

I figure they get enough kids rip'n by them in a dust storm.:thumbsup:

:cheers:
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    She's flopping like an Italian soccer player.....or is it a French player? Big reaction to small contact.
  6. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Maybe my buddy Brett farted as he went by!?!?

7. andyman Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't understand all the drama. Hopefully the 30 seconds they had to "endure" you didn't cause them to embark on a new campaign to shut down that area for riding.

At least you did your part as far as being courteous.
  8. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

When we ride, we are the nicest people on the trails. See a horse? We turn off our motors and let them by. See a mountain biker? Stop to say hello, chat and thank them for letting us by. A hiker? The same thing. I just don't get the attitude. This particular area is not even close to being over-used and I doubt any teenagers are ripping around this area as it's high mountain riding with lots and lots of attention getting side hilling.
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanx for the video!

Genuinely nice trail and VERY nice bike. Makes me want a lighter one straight away. Coudn´t you have gone OVER that tree?
    Made me wonder how that path had worn out so low in such a short time since North America was dicovered by white men. If that girl had been that far out in the wilds over here, the first biker she´d have met would have "given her the pleasure". Have you no manners Sir?
  10. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

makes you wonder how we have co-existed so long huh....Those ladies better watch out a cougar or bear would surely ruin they're day more than a couple of dirt bikes.
  11. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    There was a beautiful trail (or so I am told) called Rosebriar up in the Sequoia National forest that went along the mountains for 30 or 40 miles, but it had to cross and run with the Pacific Crest Hiking Trail for about 100 feet. The hikers and tree huggers didn't like that....so you probably know what happened. They closed the WHOLE Rosebriar motorcycle trail down. Every inch of it.:thumbsdown:
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Let me guess, two gals, in a Subaru Forester, with a dog, with man hating stickers on the back? See it all the time. Dikes on hikes. 80% of the people I run into on the trail are super nice. The rest are traction, er I mean not nice.
  13. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

Even when I come across man-hating lesbian subaru drivers on the trail, i shut my bike off if i'm going downhill, or if they're coming towards me so i can just wait until they pass. The only time i pass hikers with the engine running is if we're going up and in the same direction. Even then I stop to chat alot of times, and let them know that we're the folks that keep that trail clear of deadfall and open for everyone.

Of course, the freeloaders that only ride and never do any trailwork might have less to talk about........... Hopefully that's not anyone here.
  14. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Never had a problem here in the PNW, but I've almost had to defend myself from mtn bikers at Texas Canyon in Cali. They seemed to have forgotten that dirt bikes cut 'their' trails.

I killed the motor, let them pass and the last biker threw an elbow at me while advising I was trespassing on mtn bike only trails. I thought about spinning the bike around and rearranging the skin on his back, but I didn't like the idea of having to dig spandex out of the sprocket. What a maroon... starting crap with a armored dirt biker with 6 other armored dirt bikers behind him. And they call us stoopid :lol:
  15. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

You would have been better off to stop and ask her what the problem was. Seriously. Guaranteed she got home that nite and renewed her Sierra Club membership to mollify her self righteous feelings. Better to have her going home feeling guilty for even being there.
    The best way to deal with them(hikers, Mtnbikers, etc.) is be courteous, but at the same time project the attitude that they should be thankful to be allowed on dirtbike trails.
    The reason they always get their way is that they have always gotten away with their self righteous attitudes and most dirtbikers project a sense of guilt(sometimes unknowingly). Call them on it. Fight fire with fire. Make them feel guilty and aware that they should be thankful. Take ownership of the trails. If they act obstinate, tell them to step off the trail and find their own way home across country.

Signs should be posted at the head of every singletrack trail saying to the effect:
    "This trail built by dirtbikers for dirtbike use. If you're using it, please thank them for their efforts and support the local club."
  16. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

+1

There actually are such signs at the trailheads of a number of trails in the Lowman ranger district (Boise NF). Our club is doing our annual trail clearing and maintenance up there this weekend.

I have found almost every non-motorized user to be pleasant and reasonable when I am pleasant and reasonable in return, so I go out of my way to take the opportunity to educate them and share local trail knowledge. Frequently that means I'll let them know about several nearby non-motorized trails, but also point out that those trails are in pretty bad shape or blocked by deadfall because the dirtbikers are the only ones that really seem to make the effort to take care of their trails.
  17. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

hey.......not all females who drive foresters are that.

BTW GF honestly did not kknow that "stigma/rumor" about foresters before she bought one and would wonder why chicks would honk on the freeway....go figure?

my congressional opinion is her nose grasp was in response to her partner!
  18. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Uh...not the point...sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Understood. Was kinda making a joke. Kinda because I have been assaulted verbally a few times and it always seems the same type of people. The joke was prompted by the "thats a girl?" comment.
  20. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This thread would be humorous if I didn't know that all of you out west are telling the truth about the nature Nazi's. I know it only takes 1 bad egg to ruin it for everyone, that's why we don't litter & we tread lightly. I want my kids to be able to ride the same areas I ride now.

About the only people that I see in the woods are deer hunters (not happy & with a firearm) or 4 wheelers drinking beer, littering & trying to make single track into 4 wheeler trail.