Hiker's STINK EYE caught on video!

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by fitness2go, Jun 29, 2010.

1. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I've been silent and holding out till now. I can't stand it anymore. I just gotta say it....

If I had encountered this tree-humping freak on trails in my stomping grounds in PA... on trails that I and my friends forged back in the 70's... I'd have sprayed that bi^@+ with coal dirt till her eyes fell out. Then I'd have turned around and sprayed her again for good measure. Then probably again. But not 4 times. 4 times would be excessive I think. Yeah 4 times would be too much.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Don't hold back....tell us how you really feel!:lol:
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Well... ya know... I was just sayin'...:lol:
  4. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

sweet looking trail !!
    too bad you weren't up there on a 2 smoke!!!
  5. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think she had a case of the vapors. At least you were polite and rode by very slowly. Sierra Club types want everything their own and have no room for opinions that vary from theirs. Coexisting and sharing is not in their vocabulary.
  6. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm glad that someone actually noticed the awesome trail...good for you! Brett, who was in front of me, was on a Honda CR 250 and Joe, who was behind me, was on a KTM 300 smoker.

7. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Maybe were all assuming she was upset about the exhaust smell.

I hear that eating berries and granola gives you really stinky gas.:eek:
    Her "partner" probably held it in all day, you know how women about those things. Good thing you didn't stop to say "Hi" or you too might have surcome to the toxic vapors.:lol:
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I bet your right! her partner let it go when the bike came by to hide it.
  9. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

As much as I hate to say it, I can totally see the hiker's perspective. 2-strokes STINK. Yes, us gearhead types love it, nothing better than the smell of premix in the morning and all that, but the average 2-stroke smokes like a rolling tire fire. Especially when ridden by me, perpetually off the pipe. If I do three laps around my house, I can see a haze settling in my neighbor's back yard. Seriously. Not too many folks like this.

That said, the hiker was being an ass with the nose holding.

I can't wait for the smokeless DI 2-stroke...
  10. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

Interesting that most of these comments are more negative towards female hikers then the gesture she made about dirt bikes:confused:
  11. mlyamkaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice! I'll look for her Monday. Gonna hit that trail up with some buddies. I live so close and haven't ridden it yet this year.
  12. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    I find it very offensive that you ride in such a beautiful arena. I think if you would had have your cologne on that day you might have got lucky. Tree huggers are very fury and down to earth. Well, at least thats how they portray them in that movie "without a paddle". I would roosted her for that foul set up. Looser bark biter.
  13. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Dude, you need to jet your bike properly. No way should it leave that big of a witness in three laps. :excuseme:
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Thank you.

Personally I find this entire thread less than pleasant, although I do understand the frustrations of these encounters. It would be great to try to ignore the less than positive things, and focus on the good things.
  15. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Actually, during harescrambles I have found that following guys on 2 strokes stink less than following the overheating, oil burning, race gas wasting 4 strokes... :D
  16. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Heck, I love the smell of castor oil & race gas in the morning.....Smells like, victory.

I can see your point Coffee, but let's not forget that the lead bike slowed down & said hello. I thought the guys on the bikes were as polite as one could be in this type of encounter on the trail.

Motorcyclist don't shut down trails to hikers, but hikers get trail shut down for dirt bikes. I thought her actions profiled what she thought dirt bikes do to the environment & to me that's not good.
  17. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Precisely! It's been pointed out in another post already but deserves repeating... I'm sure the two hikers didn't WALK to the mountain. The hypocrisy is what irritates the fool out of me. "HEY! I gotta great idea... let's all jump in the Excursion and drive 50 miles to the mountain so we can hike 2 miles!" :censored:
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good news...

Went up to Gifford (local epic ride area) to clear trail and work the trails. Ran into a lot of hikers and guess what, they were all totally cool. One group yelled and hooted when we went by in excitement. We yelled back. Then met them later taking a break on a bridge, they are all "hey, that looks fun, how cool is that?" Two other groups we passed on the way back to the truck. they seemed fine and were waving. They showed up at the staging area just as we were getting ready to leave and were all nice and talkative. About 15 people total and all cool. :thumbsup:
  19. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Ahhhhh............... I just try to treat folks the way I would like to be treated. If I come across people mtn biking or hiking or horseriding, give them some room if possible and back off if possible. This stuff is all of our domain until dictated differently. It's fun to stop and talk to people using other means of transportation if they're willing to talk. Guess I want to go overboard to show I'm not an braindead a$$hole on a dirtbike. Should I feel that way? Ideally not. I blame it on quads:busted:
  20. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175

That's what I've been try'n to tell ya...It's all their fault
    .:lol::lol:

:cheers: