Husky 800 paralell twin

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ghte, Oct 13, 2010.

1. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Think you definitely got things back to front!

BMW has never been that successful when introducing new, innovative designs. They´ve always been best (and successful) with an evolutionary approach. (a) Beemer customers tend to be conservative in the extreme and (b) BMW´s market forecasts (eg the C1) have consistently flopped.
    Mating BMW´s technical expertise with Husky´s offroad experience and capturing the `adventure´ market via the Husky brand is a logical strategy to the advantage of both brands.
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Wow...that was fast! I'd like to hear a little more about this, please.
    Was the TE630 unsatisfactory in any way? Or was it just not the kind of bike to suit your needs? Do tell!

WoodsChick
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

:doh: Nevermind. I just saw your post in the 610/630 forum. Sounds like maybe it was too small for the street and too big for the dirt? Makes sense. That's why I have a streetbike and regular dirtbikes, too :) The 610 fills a big gap between the two quite nicely for me.

WoodsChick
  4. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I love my F800GS. It's not perfect and the suspension could use an upgrade if your interests are more hard core, but it's got nice power and is extremely versatile. It's a great adventure bike.
  5. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    No I don't have one just went to the dealer who emails me when the big rig full of test bikes shows up. After we got back to the parking lot I tried to see what would happen if I tried to let the clutch out in first gear without touching the throtle and it instantly died. I have a 1993 model fuel injected motorcycle and it is the most like a tractor with a governor of any bike I have experienced. I suppose I could start a thread in the fuel injection section but how do the Husqvarna fuel injected bikes behave in this respect? I guess it depends on where your adventure takes you.

Fran
  6. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Sounds like you could probably use a little practice in the clutching department. I can do a first gear start at idle no problem without modulating throttle, however it's not optimal or like my Cummins Diesel that will bulldoze a house down with self correcting idle, but I don't want it that way on a bike anyhow.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Most bikes would die in that situation. I don't understand the point of it. Everyone i know adds a little throttle when taking off. How does this make husky adding an adventure bike with a BMW 800 motor a bad thing. I'm missing something here.
  8. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    You need 3 bikes I recon, small bore either a wr 125/ 250 or TE 310 to be a ST pest. A 630 for genuine 50/50 stuff and a GS 800 or KTM 990 for Adventure riding (bring on the Husky 800 then we can stay "in-house for the lot).
  9. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sweet, I've already got a TE610 and an F800GS. And I gotta admit, I'm eyein a 310. I just gotta figure out how to wrangle the cash...
  10. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    NMB you are my kind of fella. get the new 310 if its only 1% better than the 2010 machine it will be a cracker.
  11. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    (fixed the letter swap on my nickname)

What are the 2010 model weaknesses? A local dealer has one for a nice discount.

I see the 2011 model has an improved frame among other things...

They're also blowing out a 2010 Husaberg 390 FE that sounds pretty tempting...

I was checking out Beta's website. You can custom order your bike down to the proper springs for your weight. No extra charge (unless you add custom bling in your build to ordering). Sounds pretty nice.

So many bikes... so little money...
  12. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yep, that's what Eric said after riding a 2010 at the PNW ride in Oregon!

Can't wait for my buiddy to get his. He should have it by Thanksgiving, I hope!

WoodsChick
  13. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I definately am not saying it is a bad thing. I have done what is called adventure with the old earles fork r-50 and r-60 both with the stock and the wide ratio sidcar gearbox long before the adventure genre was named. It comes to how slow you can go and when you kind of get stuck or get to a point you know you will get stuck and have to turn around. If you don't use the throttle chances are the rear wheel won't spin. Wll that was the kind of adventures I had. Obviously you don't get to test out the slow aspect on the highway with a lead and a chace rider form the importer/distributor. That was the best test I could devise given the situation. I have tried to think if I have had anything (automotive, pick up, van) fuel injected and standard but not since a vw squareback and that did good no throttle. A diesel isn't really a fair comparison as there isn't a butterfly valve, slide, etc, in the supply air.
  14. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have not noticed any wekness on the 310. Coming from a 450 I did need to adjust my riding style a wee bit. However I am really much less tired after a long day and feel more confidant in ths steep st stuff. The 310 is really a proven design so no flaws. It is a tallish bike and a smidge on the heavy side. However, I am not aware of the bikes dimensions when on the move. I have not regretted the change one iota. The Berg is a good bike. I have ridden the 390 on several occasions. The mass centralisation is not really noticable at that engine size (a big difference of the 570). Personally the KTM 400 is a better feeling bike imho, apart from reliability issues at present. I felt the Berg was nose down in posture to ride yet a bite skatey. This was partially corrected by droping the forks a tad, however it exacerbated the nose down feel. Probably get use to it.
    The Beta is an interesting propositon esp. with a 350. People seem very happy with them. Only issue is dealer network and support etc. For mine it Husky all the way.
  15. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, enough chitchat about the 310 and back to the matter at hand :D

After washing my mouth from the horrendous taste the ECIMA, Husqvarna “design exercise” had left and having few nightmares about that abomination, I would like to go back to this exiting new model

I don’t know a lot about the BMW 800GS, but yesterday I’ve stumbled upon this little riot of a clip
    [YOUTUBE]btRvVLA0KzM[/YOUTUBE]

So let’s get it straight; you’re saying Husky is going to get this 800GS platform, massage it all up, make sexy time to it and come up with a brut ?
    And it’ll look more like this :notworthy:
    [IMG]
    And nothing....absolutely NOTHING like that horrible, dreadfully ridiculous ECIMA “design exercise” ?

All I can say is
    Oh Lord, I want it !!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Flying Trash Can likes this.
  16. Rattletrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

And it comes with a 1.3 gallon gas tank.:D
  17. Crop Sprang Husqvarna
    C Class

five

Exciting times ahead
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    What a different attitude here towards new huskys than on some other sites. nice. [IMG]