Husky Press and Demo Ride for the new 2012 Bikes

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ajaxauto, Sep 11, 2011.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Built in midget adapter bike!
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We asked for it, Husky NA delivered. I think it is a brilliant move.
    Coffee likes this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Yes and it needs to be advertised to its' target riders ...
  4. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    I read somewhere that they just bought some advertising space in Short and Proud magazine...

:lol:

Later,
  5. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1

Lots of shorter folks out there & it truly is an underserved market- especially for a modern street legal dirt worthy bike. They've always been faced with either accepting substandard Jap trail bikes, paying hundreds of dollars to have a bike lowered, or buying the really expensive Service Honda 'JRs'.

When Scott was still around, I had suggested to him via email, that Husky look at taking advantage of the small physical size of the X-light engine and build a smaller framed bike for the shorter folks out there- ie similar to the 100cc KX's and KTMs. This is just a more cost effective way of doing that from a manufacturing standpoint.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Great reporting!!! Thanks for going on such late notice. :thumbsup:

Interesting... I had hoped for a different frame, perhaps if the sales numbers are high enough? Valerie Wilson from TT and I had the same request earlier this year at Randsburg...

Which reminds me, what other press were there? I haven't seen Karl Kramer since the Quicksilver race early 2007 in Clear Creek, and even then I did not have time to say hello.
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Karl has been free lancing for various publications since he left Dirt Rider. Dennis Cox has his own on-line magazine called Dirt Illustrated. There was a van covered in bright moto graphics whose crew was doing video taping. There was a handful of journalists that I didn't recognize. I had hoped to see Mark Kariya there, but he wasn't present. Gary Jones had Dennis doing some video taping for him. Larry Roeseler and Jim Gibson were also both present. It was really a rather small and relaxed gathering.
    Coffee likes this.
  8. deepcdiver Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did anyone ask why they dropped the TE630 before having replacement for the popular ADV long maintenance service interval Dual Sport category?