In Search Of Dry Land In The Desert

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Jun 4, 2011.

1. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Great report as usual Tami! Makes me envious and ready to retire to the life of discovery ............someday. Eric looks so happy[IMG] in all the pics. I joke as I come out the same on ours. "just get it over with, let's move on to ..............". You guys and those hot springs, that looks like a nice way to sample some Scotch and Wine at the end of an ass kickin day if we can ever get that far. I'm having fantasies of the wife getting back on an offroad bike eventually. They're all so dang tall before modding.
  2. Seahorse Husqvarna
    AA Class

Once again, you guys have taken a simple Ride Report to a whole new level. Well done, and thank you very much for sharing your experiences with Husky riders world wide...[IMG]
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Natural springs that hot are a money maker ... Ever hear of Hot Springs, AR? ...
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  4. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

how deep was that little hot tub, also is it drinkable like the cold springs would be... after you let it cool some? and wine and cheese?? we usually see keystone and bologna sadwiches out this way hahaha, i was waiting for robin leach to pop up in one of theese pics[IMG] just messin with ya.
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Oh...I'm so ready to retire! We're this >< close to paying off our house and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I want to sell the house and get a nice 4wd RV so we can take off on that life of discovery. Hell, I wouldn't even mind working only 4 days instead of 5 at this point [IMG] You're preaching to the choir when talking about tall bikes! Good luck with getting the family back out there. The one photo in the report where Eric is smiling is the one of him sitting in the chair by the fire with the olives, bread, cheese, wine and toasted almonds on the table...you know, the one with his back to the camera [IMG] Here's one where he's playing with his "magic glove." It amuses him to no end...
    [IMG]

Thanks! I'm addicted to my camera, I think [IMG]

And therein lies the beauty of Nevada and Oregon. If those springs were in CA they'd be behind locked gates on private land owned by one of the "Haves," and us "Have-nots" would have to pay good money to use them. I'm not far from Calistoga in the Napa Valley, a very geologically active area with lots of hot springs, every one of them commercial. Lava Hot Springs in Idaho is probably very similar to Hot Springs, AR. I love having access to all of nature's wonders on our public lands. Our campspot was on private land but it's been open to the public for eons and appears it will stay that way. I told the owner to give me a call if he ever decides to sell [IMG]
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    That little tub was a lot deeper than it looked in the photos. We sat on the rock shelf and it was perfect. It was small, though. I wouldn't drink the water from the hot springs. I try to keep it out of my eyes, nose, mouth and ears, too. There probably are thermophilic microorganisms in all these hot springs and they give me the heebie-jeebies if I think about them too much [IMG]
    And about the food? Well, we tend to eat better when camping than we do when at home [IMG]
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Payed for not, renting the house may not be a bad idea till prices move up on homes ... 2 days a week off just was never enough time off when I had a job ... 1 day had to be a rest day and the 2nd was a play day and then back to the grind ... the 3rd day off was really needed ...
  8. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I do NOT want to be a landlord ever again. I've been renting out my Mom's house since she passed away in Jan 2008. She didn't want us to "give it away" since she'd busted her butt to pay for it so she'd have something to leave behind for me and my 4 sisters. She wanted $600k for it at the time, the realtor wanted her to take $550k and she said "No f'ing way!" We'd be lucky to get $400k for it right now. Good thing she isn't around to witness the devaluation of her life's labors. Funny thing is she paid $15k for it in 1961 [IMG] Anyway, I have no interest in being a landlord anymore...it ain't for me.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Having renters is a pain for sure sometimes ... The states will recover ...just not sure when and all these prices will return to something normal ... I'm not sure but I think you can make 1 large sale (of a home maybe) and not pay any capital gains on the profits ...

PS -- where I'm at at now, you would have to be wasteful to a very high degree to ever spend that kind of money here before any SS money kicked in to supplement UR living ... even if you needed any more money, ever ..
  10. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

were that same way, we like to splurge when were on vacations too.