1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Is WR300 racing head a good choice?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Rodrigo, May 9, 2012.

1. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Measure how much squish you have as standard.
    I have mine set at 0.55 thou i took nearly a 0.70 off my head but i had to resess the dome into the cylinder too get the 0.55.
    Its simple when you understand it and any engineer worth a bean can turn the head flat
    Its reprofiling the head if its needed thats the issue.
  2. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
  3. Loco Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    My WR250 from 2006 gets me to 215 psi... using a compression tester by innova. I kicked it about 10 times until there was no more increase on the measurement:

Attached Files:

4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Eagle freak, thats how my 360 head looks but not as exaggerated my lip sits in my cylinder about half a mill.
    That was to get comp up to a satisfactory level.
  5. Loco Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    that was the wrong picture, and a typo. My highest measurement was 210 psi. That one shows 205, not 215. And even with that high compression I still have a hard time starting it when it is cold.
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    My WR250 has 205 psi. as well, your hard start warm once it's already been started is likely from a lean pilot. If it's a cold start problem it might be the fuel you're using or spark plug.
  7. Loco Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    It starts just fine after it has run for a few seconds. It is the cold start I'm having trouble with. The last time I try it had fuel that was about 4 weeks old, but I never tried with a new spark plug. Hope it is something as simple as that. Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I had to put a new spark plug in about once a year because a lead coating would build up on it from the vp110. Pump gas doesn't burn a clean especially if it's old so I would guess it would go through more spark plugs from fuel varnish fouling the plug when it sits in the garage.
  9. Loco Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    I think I know the reason for for my hard cold starts. I opened up the carb for the first time since I bought it and I found out that it has a 400 main jet and a 15 pilot jet. I noticed it was hard to start when the temperatures started to drop. I changed the spark plug and put new fuel in, and it was hard to start, but I got it running after a few minutes. I will jump to a 35 pilot and see if there is an improvement. Thanks!