1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc its a happy thanksgiving for the 144!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by razornpc, Nov 26, 2009.

1. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ran the 07 wr144 this weekend at our clubs enduro trials event,they setup a 2 mile or so loop and throw in five sections designed to be ridden on a full sized bike,depending on your skill level you have to ride the correct line,well let me tell you how great the 144 did,never stalled with the auto clutch which would cost you a 5 in the section,didnt have any trouble with any particular section,anyway the little husky that could spanked everyone in the expert class including a few AA riders and took the trials cup! heres a photo going up a sheer rock climb,the pic doesnt do any justice to how steep the hill was before the rock, and how you needed to square up to the rock before the attempt,one other guy cleaned it as well,you guys are gonna love the 144 kit!!!

[IMG]
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wow way to go! Now with that you're gonna make me take my 125 apart now so I can get in a few rides with the 144 before it's to cold. Look at the guy in the far back with his hands on his hips....Now he wants a 144 Husky LOL.
  3. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

everyone who rode it yesterday wants one !
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Kevin....please stop before I want it back:cry:
    I am glad she went to a great home though:thumbsup::thumbsup::cheers::banana:
    Joe
  5. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Proud of you man...........and of course....the little bike that could! (does)
    Meo and Oblucki are "jonesing" over that picture for sure!
    Great job brother!
    Joe
  7. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I love it.

Man that should be put up at the Husky factory. :thumbsup:
  8. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

Called E gorr today and asked about my top end ....
    it went out on ups on monday!! :applause::cheers::banana::banana::banana:
    He gave me a tracking number but now I can't find it :banghead:
    If it gets here friday I could ride it Sunday!!!:banana::banana:
    Damn! where's that number!!

Hey Joe whats should I use for jetting??
    Its going to be around 40 on Sunday

I hope I have the right jets .....
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well thats good news for you. Hey please post up your impressions on the power difference once you get it up and running. Now find that number and track that sucker!
  10. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

oh no, hope your parts make it to you in time for a quality breakin and ride report!

if you think about it check your compression and let us know what you find. i havent got a real hard number to go off of besides "it should be about 180" from eric.

i found i had blown an oring once i took everything apart on mine which would explain some of my low compression issues.

keep up the good work all you guys! these bikes are great!
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Skid,

I know I have a completely different carb than you but I ended up right back at where it was before the EG 144 kit was installed. So maybe a step richer just for the temp change.

Good luck and keep us posted on your riding experiences,
    Walt
  12. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Did you get a new base gasket?

Mine can't be far off then:thumbsup:
  13. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

Woo! hoo!

parts showed up today!! :cheers:

it came with the base gasket and what looks like everything I need to put it back together.
    jug was in a zip lock bag and it still had water on it and it was begining to get that those white aluminium corrosion zits on it :confused: not sure what that was all about. I blasted it with wd 40 and cleaned it up so its looking nice and pretty now. Might try and do some assembly tonight!!
  14. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey I haven't taken a 125 down in some time is it difficult to take the jug off and do you send the power valve with it? I just remember reading something about the power valve being difficult to take off or re-install. Coooool skid please let me/us know just how the power/tq feels with the 144. I can't wait to send mine off.
  15. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yep, take the jug off and send everything, power valve and all.

4 nuts, and some removal of the actuator arm for the powervalve.
    15 min job.
  16. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

drain your coolant and remove your gas tank first
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Pull your plug, slide the cylinder off with head and power valves in tact and send it. This is really only a 15 minute job. As Razorn said make sure you drain your coolant before you crack the cylinder loose. I don't know about the pre-09 125's but mine has enough room between the head and the gas tank that you could throw a cat through it. It comes right off with plenty of room to spare.(why is it only 1.9 gal:banghead:):banghead:

Walt
  18. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

when you put them back on do you do the jug and head seperately or do you have the head on the jug already?? I've only done a few topends, I usually do them seperately
  19. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks guys. Good question skid; I just did one on my grandsons KX65 and I slid the cyl over the piston first then bolted the head on. This is the only way I've done it.
  20. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

lol!

ive got a big tank wally, its got to come off.

yes, for the $7 dollars take your head off and put new o-rings in there. i pulled mine apart and found a blown o-ring, oops.