its official BMW/Husqvarna WEC team

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    LOL ... We all like sunshine :banana: so keep it pumping ...

I like reading this article from time to time ...
    http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/135/1854/Motorcycle-Article/2008-Husqvarna-TC-450-Bike-Test.aspx
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Oblucki and Seistola?

It appears that CH Racing has been relieved of duty in the WEC E2 class, so what happens to its E2 riders, Oblucki and Seistola.....

Seistola: E1, TE250; Oblucki: E3 WR300.

No WR250 in WEC.... a fond farewell to a long time warrior.:cheers:
  3. rodered Husqvarna
    B Class

ray ray, thanks for posting the link to the husky mx test, I have never seen a husky 450 mxer, I wish the mian stream mags would include them in the testing, maybe they would sell a few more. I would love to ride one and experiance it for myself!!!

Thanks again for the post!
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Norman,

Lets hope it returns in the new frame with a lighter motor design and left hand drive. I would re-up at that point.

Walt
  5. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes Norm.that was my initiial thought upon hearing the rumors.now confirmed.
    That blows! Really that sux...... (sorry moderators)
    Not a fitting end for a steady proven warrior
    WR250 still has it as exhibited by numerous WEC podiums by Oblucki before he broke his hand.
    Makes it ough to pitch the WR300 when you wont run the WR250.
    What is Tarkkala gonna ride? Some other big E3 BMW?
    My 2 cents
  6. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

HA! I KNEW IT!!! Finally, a half way admission from Bobby that the CS location impacts the suspension in a way that can't be fixed through valving. That's exactly what I read into DK's statement about the 450x and exactly what I thought from the first time I saw that bike! Love it. :thumbsup::applause:

So the linkage will be on top, eh? That's interesting.....I have no idea what to think about that. But I can't wait to see it.
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

There are changes planned for the 2011 WR 250 but a new engine isn't one of them. The changes I heard about are better than a new motor btw, just my opinion though.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Rancher1,

I would just take the old motor in the new frame! :thumbsup: It is a great motor. I miss mine.

Walt
  9. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

A big +1 to that!!! :applause:
  10. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

It would be nice to see an all-new WR 175, 200 or 250 engine in the current frames used for 2010 TC/TXC/TE 310/450/510's or 2010 WR 125/TC/TXC/TE 250's.
  11. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

What changes you heard about?

12. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't know why I'm posting over here, but after reading this post I thought I'd log on and share my 2 cents.:D

First, the 2010 season will be the last season you’ll see Speedbrain and or BMW involved in WEC! BMW is in the process of handing off their entire off-road program to Husqvarna. The only reason Speedbrain is participating in E2 for 2010 is so that there’s a clean transfer of intellectual knowledge with the 450X motor, which is something CH Racing has none of at this time.

BMWs 2010 WEC racing effort will be out of the Husqvarna CH Racing race transporter and I think you’re going to see very little of the BMW brand at WEC races other than two riders in E2 on BMW engined-Husqvarna framed and Husqvarna colored motorcycles.

In 2011 all BMW corporate off-road racing will be under the Husqvarna umbrella and BMWs name will be just like what General Motors is to their Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac brands.

As far as Speedbrain’s future involvement in Husqvarna that's still not defined, but considering CH Racing has a proven success record with the Husqvarna brand and there’s still a huge cultural difference between Husqvarna (Italian company) and BMW (German company). With that being said I think you'll see Speedbrain stay with BMW Motorcycles and move to another product line within the BMW motorcycle family.

NO! The swingarm pivot is problematic! BMW knows it and Husqvarna also knows it! I don’t think you’ll be seeing it used in any future Husqvarna products? It didn’t work in WEC and it isn’t going to work in motocross! While it was creative in design, there’s just to many things that have to be done to make it work and with the limited resources that are available it isn’t going to happen. Ask KTM what they learned about link-less suspension and why they too are embracing a conventional progressive link. Sorry, but the swingarm pivot design is going to be another footnote in the dirt bike history books a long with the likes of ATK’s Horst Link and Ivan Boyson's Boyson Link.

What I would expect is to see new engine cases on the Husqvarna 450X motor with a conventional swingarm pivot and the clutch being moved along with a hydraulic clutch instead of a cable.

So with that all being said....here’s my prediction: the unique swingarm pivot, stainless steel-cradle-less frame and everything else BMW with the exception of the BMW 450X engine architecture is going to be tossed into the big dumpster in the sky. In a year or two all Motocross, Enduro, Cross Country and Dual Sport will all be under the Husqvarna brand with CH Racing running the entire racing program! BMW will be solely focused on road bikes, touring bikes, adventure riding, sport bikes and road racing.

So in the interest of all the Husqvarna faithful, just be patient and everything will shake out fine.

BlipBlip/HuskyRips
    Now back to my regular forum on Thumpertalk.
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Reality sets in :banana: and its a good reality!!!

Sweet!! and tell them to leave their wallet at the door as they leave!!!

Sweet!! and tell them that they are paying for all the gas + room and board :banana:

Sweet!! and tell them to leave their wallet at the door and keep steppin'

Sweet!! and I wish them good luck at the far end of the building with the street stuff but keep them away from the world championship winning supermoto line up

Sweet! Maybe now we can get back to building dirt bikes!!!
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    fact is that if motors were going to get hammered all the extreme rider pros would be up the creek spilling all their oil out of the crankcase. lately it seems that the G450Xs of Letti, and the others are doing just fine under the gnarliest of terrain and under grueling temps and punishing clutch abuse. No one here on this site can even come close to riding at that level or produce those results on any bike, yes that goes for any pros here too. my 2 cents , the G450 is a viable option, but just not for me, I would go new Beta before BMW, I really like the new Beta.
  15. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    I agree everything will be fine.
  16. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

Interestingly, the BMW Husqvarna team had two 450X bikes at The Tough One (extreme enduro) recently; one with the original layout, and the other with a modified frame which moved the countershaft forward a couple of inches so it's in front of the swing arm axis.

On the clutch front, it was a clutch failure which put DK out of last year's Tough One when he was riding the 450X (after about a lap and a half IIRC). That may have been an isolated incident but perhaps that's where the rumors started.

BTW, I'd be interested to see what my local BMW dealer would say if I had a 450X and tried to claim anything under warranty given that they refused on principle to sort out a couple of problems on my F800GS simply because it had been taken off road. Not because it had been crashed or ill treated in any way, or that there was necessarily any connection between it having been off road and the particular problems, just because, and I quote, "you took it off road". Showing him all the pictures of it clearly off road in the sales brochure and suggesting this might be misrepresentation didn't seem to help. Hopefully other dealers are a little more reasonable...
  17. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Pete, and you didnt take any photos? :doh:
  18. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

If you mean at the Tough One, that would have been difficult as my camera was in my rucksack a few days before when I got wiped off the bike by a low overhanging branch, and it did not respond well to me landing rucksack-first on top of it. :smashpc:

I'd had it quite a while so it was probably due replacement anyway, but now I need to spend some time deciding what to buy. :thinking:
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    explained

I know we all keep going over this thing but I really think this explains the program. E1 and E3 CH Husky managed all Husky as they are racing.
    E2 speedbrain managed BMW/Husky team, starts with G450X with ongoing r&d to build the "hybrid" Husky using the more modern BMW G450 motor. now for conjecture, later BMW team and Husky team will be split kinda like KTM, Husaberg.
    http://www.juhasalminen.net/uutiset.html?166
  20. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good find Robert! I must be new school because I'm excited to see this union.