Jason Thomas parts company with Fred Andrews Racing.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by MOTORHEAD, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    He should just put buddy pegs on Baylor's bike and then he'll always be second!
    Motosportz likes this.
  2. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have heard that he was let go. Another issue was that he did not want to run NEPG enduro and FAR was committed to the Enduro series for 2012.

He isnt beating Baylor this year unless Baylor DNFs. That kid is on it.
  3. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    I wondered about that, I know he wasn't thrilled with the Enduros. I also believe GNCC might have to rethink the 250 2st vs 4st thing, the smokers are filing up the podiums and Baylor will probably overall one before too long.........
  4. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think a properly set up 250F is not at a disadvantage to a 250 2T. I rode a brand new CRF250R today and holy sheet. it is fast. I am riding a 2012 Berg TE250 right now and the Honda is just as fast in straight line.
    jmetteer likes this.
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    He'd just fall off and cry.
  6. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ..Thanks,more bad news I didn't need to hear this week..and I thought I had enough bad shit happen at work because it was Friday the 13th...this and possibly losing my job to more budget cuts is getting me really depressed .........
  7. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    gus, you've always been very encouraging in your comments and I hope for the best with your job situation.

The orange jt thing; as interesting as it is... is just a small sideline to the real important things in life...not really worth a lot of worry in my opinion.

Andy did find an orange jt picture on a digitaloffroad twitter, hard to explain.

On the positive side, Andy did put in a good 1 1/2 hour, 3/4 pace ride yesterday...said things felt pretty good, just not up to full strength. Plans are to make Ky round...

Take care...
    wallybean likes this.
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow. If JT switching to a KTM is putting you into a depressive state, I feel bad for you. I am not being sarcastic or being a dick. There is way more to life than dirt bike
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Well, Delong still kicked his butt by almost 2 min. :banana: and Baylor was schooling the XC1 guys today.
  10. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    It has Jason Thomas listed as riding a Husky, was he or is that a mistake?
  11. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ...just to put you all into my state of mind...at 55,after barely surviving a wild fire that burnt my house to the ground & 3 hurricanes...one that left my Husqvarna shop for ruins and CLOSED,not to mention my bank account,loosing "2" jobs since because of 'economy downsizing..I am no longer very happy at this point.I truly love the Husqvarna brand..and despite all the stress, it is my only outlet.I also look forward to great pride when a fellow Husky racer can show the marque as a valid race bike. Giving the 35+ years on Huskys ONLY and hearing the endless crap from other(brand) racers/riders is startin' to wear on me..I think ,for a moment,I'll be the cranky ol' fart...So I tend to write how I feel...blah blah ,blah.
    No offense taken,ScottyR...can't expect anyone to know how "I' was feeling when I wrote that.
    Have a Good Day
    Guscycle
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. jim Husqvarna
    AA Class

He was on a KTM 250 XC. DeLong had awesome race especially considering he's only been on bike a little over 2 weeks since injury.
  13. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Great job by Andrew! plus little brother wins 200B class on Husky 125 ! Ashley Copeland finishes 2nd in the Womens Class and last,but definately not least,a big shout out for Samantha Vallish ,finihing 4th in her first GNCC race on her Husky125 !
    Gotlabs likes this.
  14. jl125 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    shane watts brother(shane had his posting privileges revoked posted on ktmtalk) about the split. http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=449741&st=15
    Shane asked me to post this up for him (I'm his brother).

G'day Everyone, apparently admin has revoked the posting privileges from my account, probably from posting up all of our DirtWise updates. Oh well, that's his call.

Anyway, don't be waiting for another one of my Observations articles as I won't be doing anymore - old mate Wicksy26 (he's a self confessed arrogant a-hole as stated about himself in one of his previous posts, ha!) made my mind up for me that I need not bother spending the time doing it just so as he can rag on me again. Actually I'm still waiting on him to post up the results of the "poll" he so threatened to do, plus his real name, but you can be guaranteed that neither of those will ever happen.....

Back to this topic though, you all need to understand that what you read in a press release in these types of situations (both the one from JT and FAR, and pretty much any PR) is usually far from the truth and is just a "smoke and mirrors" deal. Generally PR's are all "PC" just so as each party can be polite and go their separate ways and/or to cover their ......es.

I have talked to Jason several times in the last 2 weeks and I know what the truth is behind his decision to quit that team (ScottyR, he quit the team, not the other way around). He never had "family issues" and never intended to go home to England. You guys can read what you want into that statement and why it was made. If anyone was disrespected then it was him not Fred Andrews. He's here to race and to try and win. His home is now in the US - actually he owns a house 2 miles from Fred Andrews' house.

Jason could have told his real reason for quitting that team but instead he decided to take the high road and be polite and say nothing except praise that team.

He may feel he has a better chance of getting better results on a different brand bike but I'll tell you now that the bike was definitely no where near the main reason for him leaving that team.

I hope he has a great results at the remaining races this year, and you may end up seeing him helping out at some of our future DirtWise schools on his FunMart Cycles supplied bike. He's a good kid (like all of us though he has had his moments!) and I feel it is important that he gets the opportunity through our DirtWise schools to recoup some of the money that he earned in the past but didn't receive from other people.

Keep on roosting!

Shane Watts

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    littled657 and ray_ray like this.
  15. littled657 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hmmmmmmm sounds familar!
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    spicy. :cool: Gota love Shane, that guys a crack up.

"but I'll tell you now that the bike was definitely no where near the main reason for him leaving that team"

...At least a glimmer of good stuff.

In the end this is why it is all PC and left alone. Right now we have 3 or 4 fur-sure "I heard it" stories in this thread alone. Fun.

Lets go racing.
  17. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanx for the update,Shane.
    ..time for me to concentrate on having more fun on my Husky ...if that's even possible...of course winning the lottery would mean more saddle time : ) ...
    robertaccio likes this.