KTM throws the first punch of 2011.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Colo moto, May 18, 2010.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

"just right " would make it a Husky.
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Cody and I were riding yesterday when a frog-strangler storm hit. We headed for a large picnic pavillion and met 3 KTM 300 owners (2 '09's and a 2010) under the roof while we waited for the rain to stop. In the course of our converstation with them, ALL 3 mentioned how crappy their E-starters were. One of the guys who already removed his, made the comment: "It was useless... even when it did work... I'd rather save the 8 lbs..." :lol:
  3. gixxerw1 Husqvarna
    A Class

The KTM estart on the 2T's is unlubricated, sand dirt can get in and needs constant maitanance to keep it working! Why in the world you need an estart on a 2T is beyond me? KTM is trying to make dirtbiking like the quad world IDIOT proof and everyone can ride. Next thing you know they will copy the old Husky auto's so you dont even have to know how to shift! I hate quads and KTM's equally.
  4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    You mean Pro-Lever? That's what they called their linkage from 82-97.
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Ugly header pipe on the KTM. Looks like I made it up in my shed.
  6. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So now next year´s KTBoomers are announced six months in advance. And the new 1012 issue should be just in time for Christmas. So now this year´s bike is already obsolete!
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    wow .... These guys aren't wasting any time :)
  8. DrZero Husqvarna
    A Class

My Yamaha 250 always started on one or two kicks, and not hard ones either. What's the point of e-start on a 2-stroke? Now my Yamaha 450 can be a bitch to start, I can see when people want e-start on those. But on a smoker? Even the fire-reathing 500s from the Age of Dragons weren't hard to start.
  9. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    On a really gnarly hill it is good to be a lazy man and push that button. I find as I get tired the more I mess up and stuff a line or stall and need to restart. That is exactly when an e leg is great. Perhaps its something the young and fit do not need but at 50 something it is an aid that helps me stay out longer and that can't be a bad thing.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The estart on my 08 TCX250 works fine to date .... It's used often and everywhere ...
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

+++1 to what GHTE said. I also find that when I need the e-start the most is when I have killed it in a very tight spot on the side of a cliff and I have to kick it from the sidewith my left leg to get it started. Not always possible and no fun at all on a WR250/300. Of course I am going to kill it in this situation when I am already whipped. Being 53 and out of shape is my fault I know but the e-start would still be my friend.

Walt
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    These things are nothing more than a luxury ... You know .. something that is nice to have but you don't really need it ... I'm sure most have some luxuries in their life that many do not want ...
  13. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Nope. I NEED everything I have in my life, including estart.
  14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Alright you guys have already wasted tooooo much time talking about nasty pumkin pie!!! E-start on a 2-stroke??? Ok maybe if I am 60, why not make it optional?? I could see that. The fast guys on 2 strokes I ride with (they are to dumb to ride a husky) always remove it to save the wieght. If KTM offered me 2 free ktm(S) for the year I would laugh, say NO, ride my husky and be content. In 2004 won I won vet expert and at the award banquet they gave $200.00 if you were on a ktm, I laughed (I will work more hours at work to make up for the $200.00. The real deal is the sad part is husky should be where ktm is today and they are not. And it is their own fault. Poor rider support, parts issues and crappy marketing strategy has put them where they are today. I will stick with them (unless maybe Gas Gas gave me 2 bikes!!) until the end. Being married I guess you can look but do not touch goes the same way with the pumkin pie thing. It is just a band wagon. If Husky has been good to you I think a guy should stick with them!! Look but do not touch!!
  15. Benriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

IMHO Brand loyalty is a weakness. Research a bike that suits you buy it and ride. KTMs are great bikes. I feel they have lost thier roots in the last few years and reliability has suffered, seems they are now thinking they can rest on thier name and not have to address quality\reliability issues (thanks to many peoples's brand loyaty.) So I'm looking at the husky 310:thumbsup:
  16. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I agree. but that new 350 in EXC trim might be the ticket
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    No more of a ticket than the 310 will be for others ... A bike that fits me? That would be an 08 TXC250 Husky ... and yep I'm sure there is some close impersonator out there ... but it is not a Husky :banana:

As fletchman stated above, Husky sales number in the usa should top ktm ... Up to this point in time, I'm convinced that Husqvarna is happy with its number of bikes sold here in the usa no matter what is written on these sites ... Look at the effort put forth, look at the money spent advertising (racing) here, look at the results ... all low numbers ... The current management is OK with these numbers today ... And I emphasize today, because we all know past performance is not aways an indicator of future performance ... New management is in town ...