1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc lectron good(thus far).

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Dec 14, 2013.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    firecrotch no BS mate I was fairly up her yesterday for a decent part of the ride(say 50km then the rest reasonably quick as I barely ever cruise unless tryin to save fuel!) & I only put 5L in on the trail which I totally didn't need to but had to get it off my back plus 2L more when I got home & she was chock a block again! I weigh 215-220lbs naked so shes carting a fair load around also. I honestly couldn't believe it when I filled it up & thought it must have surely been running way lean but no all good. I was resigned to the fact that 10km per litre was the best economy I would get or just the general 2T standard but this carb has blown that out of the water completely. I reckon 150km is doable(stock wr tank which you can get 10-10.5L in I find) as opposed to 100km at best even when nursing it home. will let you guys no how it goes on the track near my place when I get a chance which is all hill climbs & WFO that sucks juice as to how it goes on flat knacker throttle type riding but either way most my riding terrain type is what I did sunday so im stoked. be interesting to try one on the 300 as I generally don't rev her as hard so results may be better again-who knows but im toey to find out. take my results for what you will mate but just passing on my experience. never tried the keihin im sure its good but I hate jetting so doubt I ever will:thumbsup: ps I love these 125s!!!
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeh I put it on the 125 which is what I rode yesterday, my Aussie brain & typing skills may not have conveyed that very well, 300 sitting in the shed for past couple of months until this coming weekend when shes gonna get a run although shes still mikuni equipped. I ordered the carb from you initially for the 300(hence the 38mm) with gnarly pipe/hi comp head(which still in box till rebuild time-im lazy) but just decided to try it on the 125 & its staying on! was thinking it may be the wr ignition causing bog? its the ducati energia digital ignition but I believe this is different to the cr125 ignition? gonna swap plugs, check pv setting & maybe play with metering rod height first, maybe raise it a bit before accusing ignition though? its no biggy but could be better to be the best!
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    ^oops just read all your post mate sorry.^ question why do KTM/berg/new husky run 38s on the 125s but 36s on the 250/300s? I would have thought it be other way round. maybe because more WFO on 125 & more torque'n the 250/300s? just curious as to what to go for for the 300. might get a 36 then have one of each! what changes are the newer lectrons rocking mate aside from choke knob relocation? are they are shorter/skinnier? breather vents facing upwards or something along those lines & different metering rods available? no worries on the ride report, love reading others so thought id throw my 2 cents worth in. ps nice mind reading work knowing id buy a 125 & put it on that instead of the 300 & adjusting carb to suit. pj, float height awesome, metering rod good(?) & idle very close. I love plug & play!:cheers:
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    ok last post for tonight but what way would I go with the metering rod to suss this bog? im not sure if its a lean or rich bog, just feels like its starved of fuel for a split second. should I just go richer & see as this seems safer? how would one go about this as in adjusting rod & how much(measurements)? couldn't work it out when looking at carb pre install. I know with the mikuni I thought it was a rich bog down low but turned out it was a lean one as I leaned needle right out & made it worse(never tried it opposite way as got the shits on with 'jetting' & put lectron on haha). thoughts please
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Every time I have what I think is a lean bog it is rich. You have to get use to the way it feels and how you read it. First off try turning the PJ screw in a half turn and see. That one is external and EZ. If that does not help try going out on the rod a 1/4 or 1/2 turn. counterclockwise (out) makes it leaner on the bottom and mid. Will also affect your idle.
  6. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    I'd second the motion to leave the carb alone until you check the power valve linkage setting.
  7. motorpsycho Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R, Suzuki GT550
    Stock cable wont work?
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

it will but is kinda to short even with the stock carb.
  9. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    wr 360 i used the existing carb 90 bend ontop of the lectron set up, i removed the lectrons lock screw and ground of 3mm from the cable guide stalk as to not interfere with the slide clearance, i wil silver solder the bend into the lectron guide tomorrow at work but its flawless so far the only thing i have changes is the float height.

may relocate my rear brake resiviour to get better access to the choke as its fiddly on the 360.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We have a remote for that if you need one.

[IMG]
    juicypips likes this.
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    not for me way too short!
  12. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    rito will adjust pj first & see what happens on the weekend, cheers
  13. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Arent you glad I talked you out of selling it to me now then eh?... sitting in a box for how long .. geesh
  14. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    sure am mate. you were right about the mikuni bog too!:notworthy:
  15. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Been and gone, TL1000R & FIreblade
    Two lectrons in the UK now Kelly.. word is spreading :applause:
    Motosportz likes this.
  16. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    ok went riding today on some fairly gnarly hills(clutch abusing/paddling up type-not so pretty to watch but oh so much fun & rewarding when you nail em!) & the bog remains. upped the idle a bit(has bugger all to do wit it I know) & adjusted the PJ richer(turned in a bit) but no different. put PJ back to where it was as really this shouldn't affect low down performance should it? low rev luggin, clutchin type hills & it just runs out of fuel for a second or two or so it seems until I can get some revs to it or abort climb-never dies though but goes close. when I really giv it to her no dramas(into PJ area I guess) but just when lugging on steep hills it happens a bit. could float level be to blame? level looks ok but may be a bit low. not sure whether rich or lean how do I tell? id assume its rich like its getting too much fuel. may be the opposite like being starved of fuel but id have thought it would rev higher/ping/detonate whatever? once I wash it ill lean the metering rod out a half turn & try. is a half turn the go so as to see a difference as opposed to a quarter turn? don't wanna muck around too much with it so hoping this solves it & I don't have to go the opposite way. once I know its getting better im happy to fine tune just wanna know im heading in the right direction is all! good times still, fuel economy was awesome again. ps could the wr ignition be partly to blame, is anyone else having/had similar prob? cheers all
  17. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    'smuthered' is probably the best description for how it feels till I can rev it up(makes me think rich)
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    First off check your PV arm setting. I have chased many a bog just to find out it is the PV setting not the carb. Pull the pipe, pull the PV cover and see where the bolt is in the adjustment slot at the bottom. You want it almost to the top of the slot. Also with US fuel you should only be out about 3/4 turn from full in on the PJ screw. If it bogs because of the Lectron it is usually rich even though it feels lean. Do your PV adjust first though or you will be chasing it for ever.
  19. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    remember it's still a 125 and was not meant to lugg as much as you are doing.
  20. Chums Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'd like to discontinue my account

At a stand still rev the bike up a bit and let loose of the throttle and listen to the revs drop. If they drop then "hang" and a bit later drop some more it could be lean on the rod. If it doesn't hang and your still getting a bog just above idle ive found mine to be rich, I'd go a 1/2 turn leaner on the rod and see how she does. If its rich enough to bog like that 1/2 turn should be about right to tell if your going the right way and might not need anymore adjusting if its rich and you go 1/2 turn leaner.
    I have a wr300 and cr165 they both had about the same bog your describing after initial set up both ended 1/2 turn leaner. My 2cents.