*** New Dates! *** Spring Fling Husky Ride, Stonyford, CA, May 13,14,15

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, Feb 10, 2011.

1. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    And a lovely accessory it is [IMG] If you gotta have one at least make it interesting, eh?
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Directions to Stonyford

Take I-5 north to the Maxwell exit, turn left (west)
    9.3 miles, turn right at the Tee (sign for Stonyford)
    13.5 miles, turn right at Ladoga rd.
    7.4 miles Left at stop sign in Stonyford – last store to buy supplies is there
    2 blocks (1000 ft?) – left onto M10 – Ranger station on right (on corner, get map if desired, Tuesday through Saturday 8-noon, 1-430pm, maps in box on porch when closed)
    Davis Flats is about 9 miles (4 on straight, then 5 curves)

Davis flats is about 40 minutes from I-5.
    Ranger office: (530) 963-3128

The roads will all be paved. When you reach the absolute lowest part of the valley you will cross a stream.
    About 300 feet past the stream will be a right hand turn for Davis Flat.
    After the right hand turn go about 1/4 mile and veer left into the actual Davis Flat.
    There will be signs.
    Go to the very end of the huge football field+++ sized gravel area which is Davis flat, toward the hill on the left.
    I will have a silver 4dr Tacoma pickup - cafe husky sticker in the back window.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here is what it looks like coming into the valley, ignore the red arrow, that is the group campground. We are camping in the huge flat area (which actually has a slope) towards the top right.

[IMG]
  4. HairlessKitty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '08 TE 250 w/310 kit; '11 TE 630
    Bad News/Good news: Bad News we will not make it to Stonyford on Sunday to ride the trails with all of you, Good News we now plan on riding over to Stonyford on these beauties
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Things with the old side job have changed and more than likely we will not be getting back home until early Sunday morning. So we are now planning on cruising over on the 630s and hopefully be able to meet up with you guys and hang out a little.
  5. Jerulator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello everyone ! Long time no see (type), I ran into MNB the other day at Metcalf rd and he reminded me of Cafe Husky and mentioned that there is going to be a get together soon ! I have to work that Saturday night in Walnut Creek, its too late for me to bail out of work but not too late to load up my junk and head up there Saturday night and get some Stony action Sunday ! Just need to get the OK from my better half, which should'nt be a problem. Is there gonna be any kind of organized ride on Sunday ? I'm a good sweeper [IMG]
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sounds like good news to me [IMG] I'm sure there will be some folks that might want to go on a scenic tour of the area, maybe up to Letts Lake...perfect for the new steeds! Get there early this time, will ya? [IMG]

The Jerulator!! [IMG] It's about time you showed up, dude! Don't know what kind of rides will be organized for Sunday, but I'm sure we can come up with something to make your drive worthwhile [IMG] I'm so glad you're going to be able to make it!
  7. SFTE450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm planning on getting up there early Friday morning and leaving Saturday night. Never camped at that spot..... so if you see somebody driving circles in a white rover... flag me down! [IMG] Is anyone bringing a grill? I seemed to have misplaced mine. Camping isnt camping without brauts!
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I will be bringing my camp stove & small gas grill (10" x 15")..

Weather looks decent.. LINK
  9. Jerulator Husqvarna
    AA Class

It looks like I'm in ! Will be bringing my wife and son to tag along, as well as for moral support ! My job that was scheduled for Saturday night has been postponed .......Yay !!! Now my plan is to leave late Saturday morning and arrive in the late afternoon / early evening. What do I need to bring for food / drink ? Or are we all gonna be self-contained. I know that Stony does NOT have any utilities or water so I'm gonna bring water, smokey joe bbq, camp stove etc...possibly some cervesas for after riding of course ! I am jonesing to ride one of them WR one two fives, I will pay a small fee if necessary to try one, even if its just up/down the fire road.
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh...you'll pay a small fee, alright...just like the rest of us have [IMG]
    The fee, as you will probably soon find out, is exactly the price of a new WR125. Don't ride one if you ain't ready to buy one [IMG]

I'll have my WR144 and the GG250 to ride so you can take mine for a spin if you like. The first hit is free [IMG]

Glad you're able to make it for more than one day, and being able to bring your family is way cool!
    Just bring whatever food/drink/supplies you think you'll need, as it's every man for himself [IMG]
    I do have a ginormous bag of tortilla chips and lots of salsa and guacamole [IMG]

I'll try to bring as much water as I can, and I'll be bringing some firewood, too. I'll probably throw Eric's little orange Husky on the trailer, too, as there is a ton of firewood to be had out there.
  11. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Right on, CJ! Glad you're able to make it! [IMG] Eric and I will have our little charcoal BBQ, too, if you want to grill up some tasty morsels with it [IMG]
  12. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
  13. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'll bring supplies for myself and a bit more. In addition I am sure that there will be my camp stove & grill will be accessible any time.

I will probably bring enough coffee for whoever wants it.

I will be leaving late morning, and arrive tomorrow after noon.
  15. Jerulator Husqvarna
    AA Class

The weather says 70% chance of rain for Sunday [IMG] Gonna check it again Saturday and hope for the best. If it looks like rain, I'm gonna bail.
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Update.

I just checked with FTC and we are meeting about 4pm at the Dennys north of 505 / 5 merge... the one Granzeolas (sp?) is at..

leaving now.

I talked to WoodsChick and I will try to find a spot with a picnic table at Davis Flat.
  17. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Sigh....have fun, all.
  18. Bob Greene Husqvarna
    A Class

I plan on riding Middle Creek Sunday and with the way my rides go I'll probably end up in Stony, maybe will cross paths.
  19. Srad600 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '04 TC450 Plated
    Other Motorcycles:
    '96 XR650L SUMO, '11 KTM 990ADV
    I'm hoping to so some "testing" today and tomorrow. If she runs like shes supposed to, I'm in. I'll be showing up Saturday if all goes well...crossing fingers. [IMG] Thanks for assistance with the troubleshooting Eric & Tami.
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Geez...a little rain will go a long way towards making the rides so much more enjoyable for everyone! No dust is great when there are more than 2 riders on a ride together. I hope you reconsider. At least come Sunday and ride! I totally understand not wanting to drag the family on a camping trip in the rain. For me personally, though, I'd happily sleep in a wet tent (and I have done that very thing on many occasions) if it meant better riding conditions in the morning [IMG]