Pirie Performance contact?

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Suputin, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Looking at the website it clearly says Kevlar is not used so he is not making any false claim.
    Just monitoring this so it does not turn into a free for all bash and all speak politley and accurateley.
    Was wondering if any other than your order went to the countries of Australia, New Zealnad, Germany, or South Africa as his website states he cannot ship to these as he has a distributor there and although I guess the cart and paypal automatic online ordering will process the order (as it doesn't know any better) that he will have to refund your order.
    His post above states if your not happy he will refund you.

P3 4 STROKE CARBON FIBER / BIAXIAL GLASS FIBER
    HEAT SHIELDS FOR
    FOR MOST CURRENT 4-STROKES

That’s hot! Not with the
    P3 4-Stroke Carbon Fiber, Biaxial Glass Fiber
    Heat Shields.
    These guards protect your leg from burns,
    and your expensive pipe from roost damage.

With this application Kevlar is not used. Carbon Fiber and Glass Fiber have the highest resistance to heat and the heat shields do not have to handle the high impacts that our 2-Stroke PIpe guards and Skid Plates have to handle. That being said, Biaxail Glass Fiber has a very high resistance to impacts on its own.
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Thanks for posting that Joe. The man is, as far as I know, a solo act entrepreneur who seems to have landed the motherload as far as business volume is concerned. That's a good thing in this economy. I've owned boatloads of his stuff and have been bummed occassionally with a long wait. But I've never been dissatisfied with a single product from P3. His website clearly states that you should expect long waits on certain products. I've waited a month on a pipe guard for my Gas Gas, but received the guard for my 2012 Cr 125 within a few days. I think the guy is trying his best but is overwhelmed with demand. Let's cut him a break and recognize how hard it is to be in business AT ALL in the USA with all the ludicrous government regulations one has to contend with.

I think the public bashing of P3 on this forum should be moderated... and yes, I fully acknowledge that I have posted my frustration with poor communication in the past. But I've had an epiphany and I would challenge ANYONE here to try and start a solo business in today's economy and regulatory climate... and not be overwhelmed.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    IMHO It is not the "regulatory climate" and taxes are at a 2 decade low but the crash in 08 and the super soft economy that brought which keeps people from buying anything unnecessary. I find it EZ to run a biz just hard to find people with disposable income. As far as bashing it is hard to make it all come together like you want with limited budgets, wearing 30 hats, fluctuating inventory / demand. That's by far the hardest part for me personally. Build a batch of parts takes buying the materials, machining them, anodising them, assembly, hardware, packaging, sales... then profit. Do this with hundreds of parts and it gets interesting. The current administration actually seems to be trying to help small biz...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010...-signs-small-business-jobs-act-learn-whats-it

and...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...has-signed-eight-small-business-tax-cuts-law-

My machinist just bought a brand new, faster and better CNC mill as it is a 100% write off because of these programs.

But in the end it is all greedy a mess.

For P3 I am guessing it is more the fact that they build hand laid parts and you can only do that so fast.
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Agreed Kelly, but the regulation I'm most familiar with in my own business is the EPA. I assume, since P3 deals with resins that he is being watched very closely by the EPA. That was the basis for my "regulatory climate" comments. We recently hired a former body shop owner/operator who was put out of business by the EPA because his business could not withstand the almost $100K expense to install an updated exhaust and capture system for his building. End result... he lost his business. 5 of his employees lost their jobs. His job with us pays 65% LESS. So, on one hand, you can produce ".gov" links to the current administration's "successes" in "helping" small business... but on the other hand, you can produce evidence of its ability to destroy industry and, most likely, more jobs than it creates. Not wanting to start a political debate... just presenting the other side of the coin.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No, I am right :D Yes, I completely understand and it does have a lot to do with your biz and perspective. I used to do custom car paint for a living and got to deal with EPA and OSHA, completely understand. I'm sure the anodizers i use have the same EPA issues. Good stuff and no, i don;t want a political debate ether.

I still put my money on his issue being that you can only hand lay stuff so fast.
  6. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Bingo! :D
  7. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    The P-3 stuff is very nice especially the tooling and mold work. My only complaint with the boot heat shield that came second hand on my TC250 was that it was only one 6oz carbon outer layer and the rest was fiberglass. Did it's job only problem was kreigs kid's boot quickly wore through the carbon exposing fiberglass which did not look good. As expensive as carbon is the qaunities involved in making such a small part is very little and it would be easy to add a little more. This probably just needed to be brought to thier attention.
    My guard actually fell off and I lost it, so I tooled up and made my on molds for boot guard and head pipe. They came out very nice but at this time are just for my consumption, not sure I want to open myself up to everyones scrutiny. By the way it is illegal to mold off someone elses part unless you change a certain percent.
    P-3 makes very nice stuff and they are probably overwhelmed by demand.
    GP
  8. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well said ,there stuff is top notch, If you want it right now buy the other stuff and you get what you get
  9. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Eric and I had a nice conversation today. Now Im not sure how stating a fact is bashing but ok. It was listed as carbon Kevlar. He updated his website today to reflect materials used. So their their is no confusion and the customer knows exactly what they are buying.
    Are his products good?? Yes they are! I know exactly how make carbon Kevlar parts and it is no fun. If fact it's a bitch. I appreciate all the work he does and ESP for husqvarna.
    montgob1 likes this.
  10. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Whew! I thought I was crazy because I looked at the site this morning and I could swear it said Kevlar. Good to know the confusion is cleared up.
  11. RailwayRog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I'm glad you pointed this out. I was going to purchase a guard thinking it protects from impact damage.
    Does anyone know who makes a header pipe guard that protects from impact?
    I ride in the rocks and occasionally crash so I need as much impact protection as possible.
  12. vintageveloce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    Obviously the vendor needs to be truthful about what he is selling and when it is going to ship! That said, I've been very happy with the P3 header and muffler guards on my TE250. Seem to be great quality and are holding up well.
  13. SilverTT Husqvarna
    A Class

Ordered a header pipe heat shield for 2011 Husqvarna TE 449 on April 14th. Paid in full same day via PayPal.

Have emailed 3 times and called twice. Zero response. Not even an acknowledgement he got my call or email and is working on the product / shipment.

Eric - If you read this, please let me know status. Thank you, Dan
  14. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, 81 Yamaha RD350LC, 90 RZ350
    He only way I was able to get any reply from P3 was by making a complaint to Paypal. After that i got a reply right away. It seems to be the only way.