1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Safari is going to do it!! 4 - 4.5 gallons

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by bajahusky, Feb 9, 2010.

1. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm going to get some decals made up to mimic the original bike, I'll post pics of them when they arrive.
  2. spleno1 Husqvarna

Dead link buddy ;)
  3. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

There was no link ;)

They went on with a little trim at the front. MK2 may be better :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

4. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Will radiator guards fit w/ this tank?
  5. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

That looks great!

6. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm surprised they didn't make a carb'd version of this tank for the TXC's and TC's.
  7. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Its designed for the enduro bike (TE) as that's the more common base for a Rally bike I guess. It fits the SM too and I suppose there are more EFI than carb huskies in production.
  8. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

"We have just got a Husky TXC 08/09 Carburetor bike here and tested the tank, it fits so we will be able to make a blank off and supply a tap for them to be sold for this model."

From Safari Tanks.
    :thumbsup:
  9. FireRoadFreak Husqvarna
    A Class

Are people receiving there pre-ordered 4.4 gallon Safari fuel tanks for the new fuel-injected bikes yet?

If so, please post pictures with the new tank on your bike so we can view the different color choices on different motos.

Let us know how the install went and the first ride impression.

Thank you...
  10. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

11. FireRoadFreak Husqvarna
    A Class

Did the date recently change? Could have sworn it said Sept. 15. Sorry for disrupting the thread :(
  12. rallyraid325 Husqvarna

Safari tanks

Great looking tanks and come with rad guards. I hane front & rear tanks fitted to my CRF 450X and thay are very tough.
    I would advise anyone thinking about these tanks not to buy the tranclucent option.Yes you can see the fuel level, but over time they turn a dirty yellow colour. Go for the solid colour options. :thumbsup:
  13. SilverTT Husqvarna
    A Class

This looks like a great option for the TE and for guys who are doing serious offroading or trail riding. I was just sort of looking for an extra gallon or so on the SM510. Any suggestions there?

I've read people are not happy with the IMS quality or durability?

http://www.imsproducts.com/
  14. rallyraid325 Husqvarna

Thanks, my first reply.
    Sorry, cant help there. I carry 30L most of the time. It makes other riders feel secure, knowing that there is an ample supply at hand.
    :cool:
  15. dibblego Husqvarna
    A Class

G'day, I'm from Brisbane, Australia. I've just fitted one of these to my 2009 TE510. I bought it from the supplier in Melbourne.

Here are some pics
    http://imgur.com/a/wcImR/1#0eWAR

I was given the option of white, black or red or clear. Obviously I chose white and am happy with this decision.

There were some fitting issues.

The main issue was that the fuel pump would only install one way, which was the unintended way. When I flipped it around 180 degrees, the fuel line was too short, the fuel outlet is more exposed and there is a slight loss in the amount of available fuel.

It wouldn't fit as intended because there was an interference with one of the fuel pump components (not sure what it is -- a small cylindrical device held by two small screws). I confirmed this by removing the component and the fuel pump seated perfectly, but it wouldn't with this component in place. Instead, I flipped the fuel pump around 180 degrees and the supplier sent me a slightly longer fuel line. Here are some pictures showing the interfering component http://imgur.com/a/4yM32/fuel_pump_interference

The fuel tank also sits slightly too far towards the rear of the bike, making seat installation difficult. It was impossible for me to install the seat with the seat post on the tank, so I removed it and I was able to get the seat on with a bit of negotiation. This doesn't seem to compromise the fitting of the seat, which doesn't move at all.

The supplied mounts for underneath the tank appear very strong and fit perfectly to the frame. The rear plastic screws also align perfectly.

As for radiator guards, my bike is completely stock. I had to remove the side guards, but not the front fins. The instructions failed to mention this, but there is no way the tank was going on with those side guards in place -- too wide. However, the instructions do mention that some aftermarket radiator guards might require modification. The fuel tank itself appears to provide some amount of side-protection since it wraps around the the radiators and is much stronger than the original side guards.

Safari have also mentioned that they are designing a guard for the fuel pump since it would be quite exposed if the bike was to fall on a hard surface. I am looking forward to getting one of these.

I assume these issues are because the tank is a new design by Safari, which I knew was a risk. Thankfully the supplier here in Australia (Melbourne) was very helpful with sorting it out and they are very receptive to feedback, so I have sent them some issues and hopefully this will help others down the track.
  16. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Dibblego, thx for the information. Where does the pump mount with this tank, out of curiosity?
  17. dibblego Husqvarna
    A Class

The fuel pump is located underneath the right side of the tank and bolts upward. If you look closely enough you can see it here along with a couple of the mounting bolts http://i.imgur.com/Qp61g.jpg and the black fuel line running to it.
  18. K7MDL Husqvarna
    A Class

I believe the interference item shown is your low fuel sensor.
  19. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

your bike looks good with the white tank. Does it hold the advertised volume? Any issues with heat from the exhaust header and close proximity of the tank?

[IMG]
  20. dibblego Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm not sure if it holds the advertised volume. I expect to lose some now that I have the fuel pump around the other way. As far as heat transfer from the exhaust, I haven't ridden it enough to comment. This will be changing soon though.