1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Scalvini 2 Stroke Exhaust Systems

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by racerjake549, Nov 24, 2012.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Yep, it all depends on what you want. If you want it to scream like a 125 then their kit is probably the way to go. If you want more usable power everywhere else then the 165 is the way to go.
  2. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    Oh,I think the WB165 is the best bang for the buck,just interesting to see what is out there.
    What is done to the bored cylinder with the wb165? is it plated,if so with what?
  3. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    They are in my backyard but they did me so wrong I don't care if their kit shoots fireballs from the silencer. I'm not in to trashing and airing dirty laundry but they had their chance to make it right and balked. I'll be looking into a 165 with a rev setup. Wanna race the 144 at least once, will pull trigger in spring.
  4. mnnthbx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thriumph Thruxton, Honda Ruckus
    Do tell if relevant to potential shoppers....
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  5. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    nighthawk 700s, 2x Piranha 190 pits.
    I am told that the 139 is the real all around deal. The 139 is a stroker motor if I am not mistaken. I am planning a 155 build for the new year. Since the CR comes with the 144 kit the 155 stroker is a GREAT deal. I did a little seat time on a 144 that was a stroked and bored 125 several weekends ago and the difference in low end compared to the all bore 144 was huge!
  6. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dang, sorry to hear that. Who is it that is doing the 165 kits that everyone talks about? Sounds interesting.
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Wallybean or Walt
    Refer earlier post and many other threads. Search 165
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes John look into the WB165 it's not a stroker so it's a simple bolt on deal. Many many CH members are running and hard racing the WB165 kits. It's proven to be the real deal.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Curt,

I re-port the cylinder both top and bottom, exhaust port and polish the exhaust port. The goal is to maintain the same port timing as the 125 cylinder. When these cylinders are bored, even the 144 from the factory the rear and front transfer and the exhaust port are lowered. Especially the rear transfer. By pre-porting before boring and plating it only takes some clean-up post re-lining. The oem 144 cylinder can gain some by raising the ports to original 125 height. This is mostly the rear transfer. I then re-cut the power valves both face and bottom. The head is machined to fit. With the gaskets, piston kit, o-rings and top end bearing provided it is bolt and go. :thumbsup:
    DaveG321 likes this.
  10. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    You sir obviously know your stuff. This is exactly what Eric Gorr told me hob-knobbing over drinks at a wedding recently. Has anyone tried the Scalvini with the 165?
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I rode Tims Up-tite 167 kit with the pipe. Was not impressed at all but also do not think it was the pipe. It was the same day i demo'ed the WB165 for some people and rode them back to back. The up-tite with scalvini did not make as much bottom as the WB165 with FMF 200 pipe, about the same mid and signed off WAY earlier than the 165. Overall IMHO there was no comparison, the WB165 with FMF pipe flat kicked the up-tite 167 and scalvini pipe's ass everywhere, was way more ride-able and made way more power across the range. As i said before IMHO thre WB165 and FMF 200 pipe is the combo for me. Awesome power everywhere. This week i am installing a WB165 kit, Doma KTM 200SX pipe (looks amazing) and will try the APT carb with this setup. I have a feeling this setup is going to be 250 like in power.

All that said the scalvini looked sweet and I'd like to try it on the WB165 but not going to spring for one as I already have my favorite pipe int he FMF 200 pipe and thing the Doma is going to kill them all. I REALLY like the Doma's and the fat mid section they have which seems to translate to wide mid range power and this 200 has the fattest mid section of them all. Ride now my 04 CR125 has the 125 Doma on it and is FAST as is.

Jake 549 - If you have a test / demo pipe you want me to toss on my WB165 kit and give a report i will for sure do so. Then we will know what pipe, the FMF 200 (my current favorite), the Doma KTM 200 pipe or the scalvini works best. Do you have a KTM200 specific pipe as that would be the one to try on the 165 kit. I have run both my favorite Dome pipe that i have used on 4 125's now on the 165 and the FMF 200 pipe is better so there is for sure some advantage to running the larger volume 200 pipes on the 165 kit over the 125 pipes.

All good stuff. :cheers:
    wallybean likes this.
  12. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Easy there Texas it wasnt quite like that , and my dynaring was slipping.
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

IMHO it was. I liked the WB165 WAY better. My opinion only and not trying to sell kits. The up-tite was slow to rev, vibrated a lot and signed off way to early IMHO. It is what it is and thats why I like back to back comparisons. Not bashing or embellishing just reporting my feelings. I have yet to try a better combo than the WB165 and FMF 200 pipe for my personal needs.
  14. mnnthbx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thriumph Thruxton, Honda Ruckus
    Good debate, and I enjoy expanding on the options. I've not been here long, but can tell early on that Wally's rep is solid and i would trust him in a minute. I'll probably do something to mine when it's time for a piston, as I like to tinker. That said, I'm unsure if a smooth tractor is what I want. I sold a fire breathing Slavens ported 300 to grab the 144. The KTM would pull you through anything at 5 rpm and was beyond easy to ride. I intentionally went polar opposite in hopes of adding a spark to my dirt interest, so trying to give the small bore a big bore character just doesn't make sense for me. If and when, I'll be after "more of the same"....
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Until you ride one. The added grunt is still 125 based and not like a 250. Still feels like a 125 (no stroke change) just pulls a lot harder coming out of corners, less shifting and more speed. Also more forgiving on the big hill climbs. IMHO it just makes the amazing 125's betterer.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    BTW please do not take my comments as a knock on the Scalvini pipe, it is a freaking work of art and probably works well on the right motor. I want to have one just to look at :D
  17. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Comparison of pipes on same bike would be good
  18. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I could possibly come up with w pipe to test on your 165. Let's get past Christmas and revisit.
    Help me out, Up-tote 167??? Are you referring to the builder?
    Thanks!
  19. dirtaddict23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I couldn't get the carbon silencer to fit (w/scalvini pipe) on our '13 CR125. Frame mount is about an inch beyond reach of pipe mount, included mount parts were incomprehensible in relation to frame mount. Had to shelve it as bigger projects took over, but gonna take another attempt here soon. Anyone know if subframe/mounts changed since '12?
  20. racerjake549 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125, TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am not aware of any changes to anything on the 13 other than the grips. ebay pics 11242012 044.jpg
    Does it look anything like this??? This is my 12 with carbon in place.