Southwest U.S. Husqvarna Ride - 11-27-2009 to 11-29-2009

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Husky Relic, Aug 13, 2009.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    wow very local!! no excuses all you SoCal (SD OC ) riders!!! (2.5 hr 4 us here in SD)
  2. Hwy Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 510TX / '90 250WXE / '87 510TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 KTM 525MXC / '91 KTM 300DXC
    TurkeyDay is out for me.
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I should be able to make it as it is only about 50 miles from my house in Indio Ca
  4. TwoWheelsGood Husqvarna
    A Class

How about California City, Presidents' Day weekend in February?
    • About 125 miles from LA
    • Hotels in Mojave about 25 miles away if people want to go that route
    • Very easy access for trailers, camping, etc
    • Wide variety of riding from campsite. I have tons of GPS tracks and can lead, offer recommendations, etc

?
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Cal City in Feb would be an awesome idea for a 2nd trip, I believe this trip will be on the Thanksgiving weekend, as per Scot's post (#37).
  6. TwoWheelsGood Husqvarna
    A Class

Ok. I can pick up the ball on organizing a CalCity trip in Feb, lemme know if/when you want me to start another thread.
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Feel free to start up another thread whenever you would like to. Personally I'd wait a bit.

Feel free to put it on the events calender. :)
  8. mikewindspeed Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    Please count me in - would favor Dec or after time frame if possible.
    Thanks for the consideration and My Best Regards...Mike
  9. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    He has picked Thanksgiving weekend near Ocotillo Wells recreational area. It's a few posts ago. (post #37)
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    here is where Husky Relic called it, Holly Road turn out near Salton Sea
    27-28-29 NOV09

http://www.familymotorsports.com/images/OutingsTrips/OcotilloDirections/index.htm

From Husky Relic,
    "Wow! I'm sorry for not checking in for a while. I did not expect such a response. Because of my work schedule it is difficult for me to pick a weekend. As soon as I do something will come up and I'll be required to travel and attend some event or function on behalf of Husky. The only time and location I can commit to for now is Thanksgiving weekend. The location will be Holly Rd out near the Salton Sea. I have been camping there every Thanksgiving for the past five years. There is a great network of trails and very scenic riding. It's part of the Ocotillo
    Wells SVRA. I will be there starting Friday afternoon after Thanksgiving and stating until Sunday afternoon. Any and all are welcome to join me we will set up a base camp and ride out of there. If you would like to join me and my family send me a message and I will give you directions on where to meet."
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Robert, considering he said to contact him for directions, is that link a good thing to put up?

There has been some confusion regarding dates a few times since Scot put the chosen weekend up. Think I'll change to thread title to reflect the dates.
  12. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    Directions to where I am camping

I will be camping off Holly Road in the far northeast corner of Ocotillo SVRA. I have been camping there with a group of friends for the last few years. If you are coming from the direction of San Diego or Temecula you will need to drive to Borrego Springs and then follow S-22 all the way to almost Salton City. Apprix 4 miles before Salton City is the Holly Road trunoff. Turn Right on Holly Road and go approx 3/4 mile to the first permanent picnic structure and out building. Turn left and follow dirt road approx 1/4 mile. We will be camped in this area.

If you are coming from LA or the North take Hwy 86 to Salton City, Turn righ on S-22 and go 3-4 miles to Holly Road and turn left. Follow same instructions from above. I will try to put out some Husky signs or something to mark the turns. I will report once again before holiday.

I will be arriving Friday afternoon and staying until Sunday mid day. I'll be doing a ride late Friday afternoon, two rides on Saturday including a family ride in the morning and serious ride in afternoon.

I'm camping with my wife and some friends. Like I said above I'll post something again prior to the date. If you think you migh make it please send me a pm so I can get an idea how much extra camp space we will need.

Scot
  13. Mr. Huero Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanksgiving it is...

Look forward to meeting up for a ride on Turkey Day weekend. We'll be just up the road from you (south of the 22 across from the golf shed) so we'll look you up.
    Couple new Huskys on the way for my girlfriend and I so we'll probably still be doing break ins.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Ron
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    is anyone else going????????
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have another closer invite for tecate practice
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    So are you going or not?

I believe you may be expected at this. I am not going because it is a little too far for me for the 2 nights I would be there (1200 miles? round trip). Scot knows I will not be there.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    hmmmm 2.5 hour drive to ride (carefully) in dez zone for a few hours with an AMA hall of famer,,,,,, or drive 1 hour and ride at race pace in tight single track and in in the rocks with a crew of 5 enduro riders.
    Well I kinda did commit to the Husky thing. When I load in the 0600 hour and hit the road I will decide. (PS my second person changed plans) so I am driving solo. R
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I think you would make a fine Cafe Husky ambassador :thumbsup:
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ok its 0630 and we have rain drops wow. Yes Im heading out to the dez, its on, besides its good for biz. PS I am not a camera guy,,sooo only cam I have is my phone.

BIG D called but I don't have a record of his number hope the Big man from OZ shows!!
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank you to Scot and Brent Harden for the trail tour also thanks to Mike for the sweep position. The mud hills were fun and challenging. Great riding with you. Brent hope you make the Tecate show this weekend!!!

also salute to Brent's P3 in the B1K