Stonyford Husky Ride Photos

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by WoodsChick, May 16, 2011.

1. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I don't know about anyone else, but Eric and I had a great time! :applause:
    It was great to see some familiar faces again, and equally cool to meet a few new Cafe Husky members, too! Those that couldn't come missed out on some good riding.

Ok, let's get this started, shall we?

Loaded up and ready to go...
    [IMG]

All 4 of our Huskys are on this tiny trailer. The 4th one is an orange 2-stroke and is hiding under the bikes somewhere...
    [IMG]

Oh, wait! There it is!
    [IMG]

Lovely, aren't they?
    [IMG]

We'd gotten in pretty late Thursday night and we were pretty beat. We'd sat around the fire with Coffee and Flying Trash Can til about 1am and then hit the sack. I went back out to the fire to say goodnight to FTC and we ended up talking til 3am! He's a pretty friendly fellow :)

The next morning was a bit lazy. Our friend Glen showed up with his Husaberg 450, followed shortly by SFTE450 (real name CJ) with his, uh, TE450 :) FTC fed us some killer potatoes and bacon and it was time to hit the trails. Coffee and FTC went on a dualsporty trip through the forest, while Glen, Eric, CJ and I headed out on a big loop littered with cabins, go-carts, free gas, swimming and diving...
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This photo of me and CJ is for those of you that were afraid of the weather :rolleyes:
    [IMG]

CJ gave himself a sno-cone headache...
    [IMG]

When she's good she's very good...
    [IMG]

More to come...
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We squeaked under this tree, only to find its broken top lying alongside it on the trail...
    [IMG]

Eric popped the front wheel over but then walked it the rest of the way after looking over the side...
    [IMG]

Glen was probably thinking Eric was a sissy so he decided to show him how it's done. First you gotta build yourself a ramp...
    [IMG]

Then you gotta show that log who's boss...
    [IMG]

Then you gotta feel all smug and stuff when you're riding over the top...
    [IMG]

Then you gotta try to put your foot down on the downslopey side of the log...
    [IMG]

Meanwhile, CJ patiently awaits his turn...
    [IMG]

Then you gotta hope like hell you don't get impaled on all the tree branches that got sheared off when that big boy fell, but then you sprain your wrist instead...
    [IMG]

Then you gotta try to keep your bike from falling down the hill...
    [IMG]

Then you gotta drag it back onto the trail...
    [IMG]

Then you gotta put it back on the log, hold your sprained wrist and declare to all within earshot that you really did get it over the log
    [IMG]

But we know the truth, don't we? [IMG]

That was pretty much the end of the tree-crossing drama...
    [IMG]

zzz...
    [IMG]

CJ and the TE...
    [IMG]

My girl's a drooler...
    [IMG]

Lunchtime!
    [IMG]

[IMG]

No mas!
    [IMG]

More to come...
    ozzie and Flying Trash Can like this.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Great stuff as usual. I am so jealous.
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Thx Woodies awesome picture. I love the 'Lunch Time' pic.[IMG]
  6. ontherks Husqvarna
    B Class

Looks like it was great. Sorry I missed it, next time hopefully.
  7. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks, guys! We had a great time. The first day was sunny and almost too warm for me, the next day was cool and overcast...perfect! And the 3rd day? Well, let's just say it was perfect in a wild sort of way [IMG]
    Flying Trash Can likes this.
  8. Flying Trash Can Sustaining Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1100R
  9. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Yet another great ride report. Good one Woodsie.
  10. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    A few more before going to work...

We headed out towards Lovelady Ridge with plans to drop down into Little Stony and then go up the hill towards camp. We made a wrong turn and ended up riding the long rock garden twice. As soon as CJ pulled up and said "That trail sucks!" Glen said "Well, good...because we're going to ride it again" [IMG] Not only that, but the proper trail parralels the wrong one a little further down the ridge so we got to ride through an almost identical rock garden on it, too [IMG] Here's Glen and then CJ returning to the trail split...
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I wish I'd gotten some photos of the rocky sections but I didn't [IMG] It's basically a long stretch of moving rocks, no visible dirt really, and not too many imbedded rocks. It's kind of roll-ey but I really like that section...so does Eric [IMG]

We dropped down the trail, which was much steeper and longer than I'd remembered (good call, FlyingTrashCan!) and then crossed Little Stony Creek.
    Glen showing a lovely and superb riding style...
    [IMG]

My turn...
    [IMG]

CJ went looking for the deep holes...
    [IMG]

More later when I get home from work [IMG]
    Coffee likes this.
  11. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Great Stuff WC --You sure do have a eye for a good camera shot [IMG]
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    keep it coming...
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Your new camera works great! [IMG]

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  14. Great pics, I thought there would be more snow at the top. I wish I could have gone but I'll be there this weekend for the Sheetiron. Maybe next time with the Husky group.
  15. SFTE450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeh... that rocky trail did suck BIG time and I am not a complainer :) There was 0 dirt, and I mean 0 dirt on that trail. Think gravel, but the gravel is composed of nothing more than jagged square edged giant grape fruit sized rock with lots of other larger sharpened squared edged rocks. Add in that none, none of it was solidly lodged into the ground. It was like that trail was made for an endurocross section. When Glen told me we had to ride it again... I just sucked it up and shut up. Probably would have flowed better in 3rd or higher gear... but I was honestly concerned about a pinch flat or worse.. going down with out upper armor on that I didnt wear as I thought I was going to be hot.

That said, it was still an awesome ride! Heck even met some friendly folks that offered me beer and a lawn chair when I stopped to bum a lil extra gas from them at Lil Stony. :applause: I must have looked the worse for wear and they took pity upon me. While I second guessed my decision, I declined the beer and lawn chair and continued on after Woodschick and crew with a lil extra splash of fuel! :banana:
    Coffee likes this.
  16. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks! I don't know what I'm doing, really...I just point and shoot...but I'm trying to learn how to use all the features this new camera has. Trouble is, I don't speak cameraese so I have no idea what the manual is telling me. I think this camera is made for someone that already knows what they're doing [IMG]

I'm firing up the PhotoBucket as I type this [IMG]

Yeah, it would probably work better, though, if I could wear my glasses when I'm dirt riding [IMG]

I thought there'd be more snow up top, too. We were able to ride most of Trail 4 and it was in great shape...not too much traffic since it started snowing a few months ago. And if you're riding the Sheetiron there will be more snow up top [IMG] We had kind of a wild and wooley day on Sunday and we saw some arrows going up for the ride.
  17. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    [IMG] Your description of that trail makes you sound like someone that doesn't like rocks [IMG] Pretty accurate, though, I gotta admit. You looked like you were pretty confident going through there, and you were smooth and mistake-free so I had no idea how much you really hated the rocks. Usually people only hate what they're not good at. And you have been many things in your very interesting life, but I'm absolutely sure that "complainer" has never been one of them [IMG] Let's ride!!
  18. bigjon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1996 WXC410 2000 TE410 2008 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FJR 1300 Polaris 500
    Oh you guys know where to hit a guy...been raining up in Idaho for some time now. have not had the chance that i need to get my Husky out to ride yet...Keep posting those pics. wonderful rides. thanks
  19. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, but you'll be riding sweet high-mountain singletrack covered in wildflowers in July when it's hotter than the hubs of hell here in CA [IMG]
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just to give you an idea of what Lovelady Ridge is like, that snowy little ribbon to the left across the canyon is the last section that comes downhill. I've always ridden it in the uphill direction and it never looked very steep. Going downhill gives a whole `nother perspective :eek:
    [IMG]
    lankydoug and ozzie like this.