SX has been super fun to watch this year

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Feb 2, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I just found this ... I don't think if is too big a spoiler to anyone on this thread..

Reed, who suffered an injury on the final lap of competition one week ago in San Diego, attempted to practice on Saturday despite a broken scapula, collarbone, and T1 vertebrae, but ultimately pulled out of competition. He fell from third to sixth in the championship.

If he got on that bike, thats more than most of us would do for sure ...

--
    Stew keeps things going :) ... He's not finished by a long shot unless he crashes out. And if you are gonna crash, please do not take others out with you...
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Chad did not race, Stew rode very smart. Good race and JS7 looks like the man to beat right now. Rockzena nd RV falling off pace slightly. Dungey rode a little more mean and did well. Roczen did not like BamBams move. entertaining.
  3. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I didn't either. I typically like BamBam because he brings much needed personality to the mix. His crazy whip right in front of Roczen was just stupid though. Had those wheels touched it would have been a very bad ending for both of them and maybe also Brayton who was right behind.
    john01, oregonsage and Motosportz like this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yep, Roczen said in the interview "Justin was not the brightest light in the room" Awesome. Justin said he did not even know he was there. yeah sure he didn't. Things are heating up.
  5. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Thats Bam Bam. Villamoto usually comes on strong at the end of the season. Stewart is on a roll though. Should be good.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Adam Cianciarulo was amazing BTW. Cool kid.
  7. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I agree. Usually I find myself rooting against the rookies every year, especially when they come in with a ton of hype. But he's so down to earth and respectful that it is almost impossible not to like him. Seems like a pretty cool kid.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Haven't saw any interviews on what the riders say happened out there yet ... Stew is on a roll? I'd say that is putting it mildly ... This is JS7, the only person who could battle and win against RC4, along with CR22... Only the second rider to win every moto in an MX season ... Reed is out and James will can win every race the rest of the season unless crashing or RV2 (Maybe RD5) stops him. I'm hoping RD94 can stepup again but, rookies don't normally do that.

--
    I did see one interview with JS7 and he said we wanted a car tire out there ... Thought that was kinda weird for a PRO rider to say ... Seems like something other than a knobby would be better on those hard packed tracks... I have no idea on what goes on with tire selection, but the sponsors probably dictate alot on the subject.

What little I saw on AC he seemed pretty down to earth already ... Most of these riders are down to earth except a very few of them. That's saying alot because, these guys are in the early 20s ... That's pretty young to have your head on straight. I certainly can't say that about myself.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  9. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I'm still hoping Tomac pulls it together. I'm thinking I may not see him do really well until the outdoors though...I'm really impressed by Roczen and I think he'll still be top 3 overall. I'm thinking Villapoto, Dungey, and Roczen (in that order). While JS7 is doing amazing and I expect no less from him, I think it's going to wind up the way it usually does. He's mellowed out just enough to do really well but he still is taking chances where others aren't. Eventually it will bite him.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    He made a car tire joke in that the track was so hard. No one dictates what tires they will run the rider and team decide. The tire factories bend over backwards to try and design the tires that will put them on top. They get to run special rubber in fact that trickles down a year or so later. You can see it in the bike ads. Just read about the new Geomax tires that were born from SX/MX.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Please correct me as needed, but doesn't everyone out there run a knobby? So JS7 realizes a knobby may not the best tire to run on those tracks? ... Joking or not, when the Champions (current and former) speak, you might wanna listen.

--

I've never had a sponsor, but I'd guess if <Dunlop> is sponsoring you... You are gonna run a Dunlop tire. Maybe not? ... The team\rider can choose any <Dunlop> tire though, I'd guess... But it will be a <Dunlop> ... So its probably some sort of self-imposed tire-selection made at the start of a yr ... Nor sure how to break out of it really if you wanted to change brands mid-season.

Right, another point of racing is to push a product to its' limits and then make it better ... Brought to the forefront here as Tinken has often shown with the ZipTyRacing efforts ... That's racing! Everyone should be so lucky as this site in so many ways.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    He was making a joke. He did not want to literally run a street tire or non knobby! Yes, they choose from the many types of tires of the brand that supports them.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Back on topic, Dungey was pretty aggressive and I liked his effort. You can see it in his interviews, he is not going down EZ. Great stuff. Wish the west lights were not stopping as I liked what Hill was doing. What a fun year of racing with the stacked lineups and more players entering the season. Crazy.
  14. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Going to the ATL with the Fam for the SX at the Georgia Dome this weekend...... I'll be in section 115, row 16 if anybody wants to send a beer my way. LOL
    Motosportz likes this.
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That's SX racing!

And speaking of booze, during the last sporting events I went to in Seattle, it was cut off early in the show without warning :(
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Probably not a bad idea as last time I was a Seattle SX there were several drunken brawls outside when leaving. There were some seriously thrashed people. Dude asleep in the bathroom, etc. Not real cool.
  17. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Can that kid throw whips or what?!?! :eek:
  18. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    somebody left a "heater" on the deck in one of the stalls at A1.
  19. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    I don't think there is anyone sweeter to watch ride when he is on than JS. So smooth and controlled.
    water racer, Motosportz and jmetteer like this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

He did make the last race look kinda effortless like the old days. He is trim and focused and it might be his year if he can keep it together.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.