Test Ride Zip Ty Racing TC 449

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ajaxauto, Oct 11, 2010.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    all the SMs from what it looks like for 2010 season have all been the older twin cam version 450/510 (530) series, have not seen the official teams using the new motor/chassis yet. Best of luck, it seems that TM is doing alot of winning on the international SM scens lately.
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    NOW I REALLY WANT ONE FOR THE DEZ AJAX THANKS FOR NOTHING AND RUINING MY DAY WAAAAAAAH! :banghead:
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So Ajax...

1. How was the power compaired to the TE510 you have?
    2. You say 240 lb feel so did it feel similar to your WR250 weight wise?
    3. How was the EFI, smooth and glitch free of still a work in progress?
    4. How did it turn? quick feeling or slower?
    5. did the map switch make a noticeable difference?

thanks a ton for the feedback. :thumbsup:
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    WOW, what asshats on TT, why do i try? :banghead: Seems just posting info / one riders thoughts after actually riding the bike is to much for them. Sorry I posted your info over there Ajax, I'm done trying to be supportive on that forum, it is useless.
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    birds of a feather over there, Kel.

that new TC is going to be WAY too much for the NW.
    it's totally gonna scratch up all that virgin loamy, moist dirt, leaves, moss, ferns, mushrooms, salamanders, log gnomes and stuff.

then the tree-huggers 'll be all over you fer having too much bike up there and that'll be that.

better send that big boy down here so i can put it to better use in the "wide open" dez....:D
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    +1 nice post PV,,I agree too moist up there she might get corrosion and dont get too greedy I am all about sharing the new girl in town...
    Kel you should see the local mx forum down here in socal if think those guys over there are out to lunch..it would almost be funny if it were not mostly very serious minded and stated with such belief!!
    PS Kelly, your time is worth more than to keep up the flag in the face of closed minds with no scientific method but pure opinion based upon unproven sterotypes and theories (now thats a mouthful!!)
  7. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey, thats Chilly White snapping some pics of that sweet looking bike....Probably for his site, Enduro360...

So Ajax, you gonna race one of them there fancy 4 smokers next season?

Thats awesome you got to ride one:thumbsup::thumbsup:, before the rest of us "normal" folks :lol::lol:

Rob, any chance for one of those this week??? (Thur)

Mitch
  8. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

I had a chance to look closely at one this weekend (te). It's nice, looks much smaller than on internet pics. Very sexy.

But...they need to seal the wires and protect some stuff better.The wires that feed the radiator temp sensor is an accident waiting to happen.
    I doubt it can survive the corduroy enduro as is (or any race). It's like the engineers think off road was neat, clean and without hazards.
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I was wondering when you'd finally come to that conclusion. :thumbsup: That place is one man's manifesto infested by trolls. It is less than useless.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I think this bike just needs some good PUB ... racing will surely help but when it gets in the hands of some every day riders, being on the trails \ tracks \ street, the bike is gonna have more good reports and this will sell it unless some of the new items cause breakage ... Lots out there want to see something new in dirt bikes and this bike fits that category for many ...

Add to this the success of the 250 \ 310 models and before long you have Husky on the lips of dirt bikers again and Husky is in the house again ... I'm liking the bmw presence to date :)

I like to post Husky stuff as much as possible in the PRO area on TT ...It gets 'other than' Husky people to see the reports of Husky successes to these readers ... Seems like alot of teenagers \ very young guys there also and they buy and promote bikes ...
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think not....prolly a 2010 TC450 with all the usual good swag
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  13. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

AJAX! You lucky dog!! :applause::thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.

Off topic, but 1) CH is great because of it's members. For the most part, good posters posting quality posts. 2) If I ran a forum I'd have a very short fuse for dumb posters and after a few warnings I'd ban them from the site. Unfortunately, I've seen it happen on Georgia Off Road where one or two negative and ill-informed posters have brought the whole place down. The better members stop posting and it just dries up.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Got 2 Emails and PM from other people who have ridden it and the same comments keep popping up. The bike is smaller and lighter than most thought and the rear suspension is excellent. Motor is powerful and smooth. I'm getting exited to try it out. :thumbsup:
  15. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    just make sure ya dont wear out the tires on her kel before the tree-humpers make ya gotta ship it down here for me and Rob to flog weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    maybe it will be so quiet, fast and surefooted it will just be a red blur for a second and no one will know.
  17. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    with all the tree-frog, fern and gome roost dripping from the branches?

i doubt it.

spare yourself a visit from the dust-nazis, send her down here "for a propper flogging", as you so eloquently put it. ;)
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

1 To tell you the truth all the new modern 4 strokes are fast but it seems with the rear countershaft sproket set up the power felt like it got to the ground better and i did not feel the rear end sliding around trying to get traction Remember the ATK my 560 and 604 just would not wheelie just went stright bad comparason but the closes i have
    2 Not as heavy as my 510 but heavier then wr250 BUT once riding it the weight was not a factor I never fell over so i did not get to pick it up
    3 EFI felt fine to me
    4 Turned fine much better since there is not the weight of the gas in the tank toward the front of the bike .Turned fast and smooth
    5 The map switch did make a difference a little less hit when on
    would work nice in the tight stuff

Botton line it is better then last years bike and worlds better then just a few years ago .We keep thinking the bikes can not get any better but they do This bike is better then last years bike what eles can we say .
  19. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    bingo. :thumbsup:
    was wondering what affect that would have.

any interfearance with the gas cap on your rump getting back for the rockers? that was 'bout my only concern. strange place to put a filler cap. unless ya live in west hollywood :eek:....and i DO NOT. :doh:
  20. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    remember when the Mags would kill KTM over small side panels....ummm where are the side panels...that has to be the best looking bike ever...