1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Which bike should I buy?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by marc p., Mar 31, 2011.

1. marc p. Husqvarna
    B Class

I see you have a RaceTech spring. I was on the site and it instructed me to call for proper application, in this instance, instead of listing whats available. I suppose I'll do that if I can't get proper function. Bill did say spring rates are good for a 140lb individual(on the bike). I'll see. I think dealers like doctors will give answers greatly considering what there liability maybe in case of complications. ie: cut requiring stiches across several fingers near palm, dr says I will have considerable weakness in it, not at all. Broke leg, dr says I"ll walk with limp, yeah right! Dealer says suspension not suitable for weight of individual, that person crashes, dealer gets to talk to lawyers. We'll see, although 125's are marketed toward younger riders. Disclaimer, I would never sue because I happened to bail on a dirtbike.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I have an '09 and you can change the main jet and the pilot with the TMXX carb on the bike, even with the reservoir. The carb will twist enough and you can get a 6mm with an extension through the drain. Pilot doesn't have the plastic guard like TMX.
  3. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll have to try Norman. I just recenty switched from the PWK and assumed it would be the same when trying to rotate it.

The Race tech spring is also made for a KYB. It is slightly wider and longer then the stocker. Since the boot already rubs on these bikes I would get a sachs spring if I was doing it again. The stock spring is probably close for 140 pounds depending on what it is. My 09 WR came with a 5.2 but maybe the cr had a 5.0. There will be a sticker on the bottom of the spring, you may have to remove it to read it. Give the bike a ride or two before you try to set static sag because it is tight.
  4. marc p. Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi NWRider, thank you for the heads up on Bill. I saw in the parts manual numerous sachs springs and Bill told me he sells them for about $100. I"ll see how the bike works with the standard set up. I saw on a spec sheet that the '09 comes with Pirelli MT32's, Camstyn
  5. gsxr1000user Husqvarna
    AA Class

Get the YZ. I just got rid of my 09 wr that I got to try to replace my 05 yz and it failed. Can't resale the thing for much of anything as the new left overs are too cheep. I just got an 11 ktm 150xc and have not ridden it really but still love the yz and it's responsive engine-not to be mistaken for pipey.
  6. gsxr1000user Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh well; I guess I should have read back a little first as I see you bought a cr; little better start than the wr due to the ignition. Have fun and buy my 144 stuff in the classified's
  7. marc p. Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi, sorry to hear about your wr,what happened? Or did you mean it won't replace the yz. My crate is on its way with the 144 kit inside. Would have taken you up on it yesterday. The YZ does have a sweet engine, but the cr caught my eye. I hope to get something comparable for a lot less. Good luck with the KTM.
  8. gsxr1000user Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yea, the Husky caught my eye as well. Just too much problems with the now solved bog. Started off on the wrong foot so to speak. I was looking for a great deal-but. I could have fixed the issues with the engine by installing the 144kit, however, the shock linkage and frame was causing problems for my riding areas. I have never hit so much stuff as with that bike; just cannot fix the ground clearance.
  9. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    The Cr125 especialy when a 144 kit is installed really doesnt have a bog like the Wrs did.Alot more quick snap with the Cr ignition.
  10. marc p. Husqvarna
    B Class

Good to hear that Bill. I see you decided to peruse the thread. I recieved a lot of help here, appreciate it guys.
  11. gsxr1000user Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yea, I dyno'ed the ignitions and rode them as well; wr setup stinks.