Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

2. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    hay is that a Suzuki carry i got one of those
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Back in late 60's when Subaru first imported, the Kei class 360 cars and trucks to the US... they hardly sold. My dad and some neighbors, bought them off the docks in Baltimore for about half price. He bought my mom a car and the neighbors bought a pick up and a van. My mom had always wanted an Isetta, so this was close! I learned to drive on that little 360! We had the "Hot" model with racing stripes. A kid riding a bicycle, could out drag race it and the neighborhood kids knew it!

[IMG]
  4. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    It's a Honda Acty.

The 360 would be awfully slow... but I'd love to have one if I lived in a bigger city. Even my 660cc truck barely wants to be on the highway.
  5. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I remember those. A friend worked at a dealer that carried them and came to where I worked and we went to lunch int it. It was a 2 stroke motor and didn't it have a rope pull start as a back up?
  6. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    It pretty cool to see all these perspectives and opinions. None are wrong - because they are just that. But that's what I like. Others, (People) like, what they like - and that's cool. But, Some people hate the ways things are going and have to tell the world about it. I prefer to make the best of what happening and make it work for me. (The old lemonade out of lemons theory). The "half full glass" perspective is what I'm using towards this whole "Is it a re-badged KTM or Husaberg thing"
    Like it or not you've got to embrace change. (or ride vintage). It's going to happen. Also, KTM and definitely Husaberg would not be here without Husqvarna. Just do a little history research - you will know what I mean.
    I recon I'm just a little tired of negative crap - about anything. Much rather hear positive stuff like - Who won this race or what product or news that support our sport. I understand that is just a wish (and opinion).

P.s. I have a 3500 dodge with a Cummings, I can haul that mini truck along with its load, pull a trailer (big one full of bikes), push a bank of snow and still get over 20 per gallon. (IMHO)
    reveille and Clete like this.
  7. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    It's got a big "H" on it - good enough for me. Plus it has all the right components in the package. I can't buy a XC for the Linkage, a XC-W for the transmission, and the Husaberg for the forks. I would have to get at least 3 bikes to build the Husky package. 1000 bucks won't matter if that's what I want. Doesn't mean I'm dissing your perspective. Betas are cool too.
    Picklito, troy deck and Clete like this.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I didn't mean for it to sound bad. I just don't see how they are priced higher then a KTM considering there isn't anything exclusive to the Husky. Even little things could make it worthwhile. I'm also a big fan of the "H" I just hope there are atleast small differences in the future and I'm sure there will be. So which one are you getting?
  9. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    Agreed - Me too! I'm looking at a TE300 (actually put some money down on it). My Son is trading in a TXC310 for a TE350. We won't get rid of our WR300s or TXC510s - going keep those (Too fun!).
    LandofMotards likes this.
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I can't wait till my kids are old enough that we swap out bikes, I'll finally have all the bikes I want lol.
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Oh and my loyalty to Husky mostly comes from this forum and the best dealer I've ever been to for any brand is within 45 minutes away :)
    In a perfect world it would be a tc449, cr165, Terra, 13 txc310, and a new TE300 :)
  12. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    I'd hope so, they only weigh 1600 lbs Hah. I got one because insurance in Ontario is ludicrous when you're not in your 40s, married, and own a house.

[IMG]
  13. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    Is that your truck? If so, it doesn't even know that load is back there. Looks just like the truck I had before the one I have now. It's a SRW ton.
  14. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    Nope, just a photo I've had saved since my journey into Kei trucks started.

Those 3 trucks and the trailer weigh at least 6,000 lbs... I don't carry stuff like that, but when my truck had a load of dirt in the back that was about the trucks weight, it was pretty slow Haha, a lot of people passed me that day.
  15. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    I have a 03' Ford 1 ton E350 8-lug wheel, Custom built conversion van with a chipped 7.3 litre Powerstroke diesel. It will get better mileage 22 to 24.mpg. than my Nissan 350Z, which is mildly hopped up with a Kinetix SS intake,SS headers,SScats and full SS HKS exhaust. I love the diesel van because I have been able to camp out of it, stand up in it, carry all my gear in it in total luxury, and tow a huge trailer of bikes just about anywhere. I wish I had a few extra bikes. I would invite my buddies to go and ride just to turn others on to the enjoyment of the sport and recreation.
    My next bike will likely be a new Husky FE501 and I don't care what color it is.
  16. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    I just wish my TE610 was a bit lighter... other than that, I'll probably be keeping it for a while.
  17. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 RMZ450 2005YZ250 2001 EXC300
    I just did a PDI on a $60,000 half ton truck
  18. Radar Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    There must be a truck forum somewhere.
    bhab, 4eyes, rasputin and 5 others like this.
  19. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    Damn you free speech. Damn you internet message boards.
  20. Indorider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TZM, Suzuki RGR (2 smokers)
    Beat me to it!:banghead: