Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

And when those 40 thousand dollar trucks get a few years old then land up in Ajax Auto Wrecking Why because something new and better is out there and the people want the new stuff You not believe the stuff we crush because there is no market for it except
    for scrap metal At least it keeps me racing
    454x likes this.
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I'm fine having a dirtbike that costs more then my truck :)
    JonXX and Motosportz like this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Toss in the world of insurance that gravitates along side each owner and your wrecking yard becomes a vital player of removing the old paint from the overall sales model \ pool and bring on the newer, better, $42K model for the masses... And the beat goes on ... Consumer, vehicle ownership beat, that is ...

(And congratulations on your winnings in the desert racing!)
  4. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300 ('15), TX300 ('19), TX300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    I don't know about that. The two Husky Dealers I know have already sold a bunch of the new 2014 models (Austrian Husqvarnas) And don't even have them on the floor yet. Also, There always seems to be a slew of new KTMs at every race, too. They must not be too "out of reach" price wise. I agree that the bikes are getting more expensive - but they all are (Along with milk and bread).
    Might buy a Yamaha or Kawasaki a little cheaper. But, after you add all the goodies that come on a stock KTM, Husky, or any other European model - they all cost about the same.
    That's actually where the market is going, Even the Chinese are having a harder time selling the "low-end" cheap stuff. People in India and China both are moving to purchase more premium brands. (Ref - in the latest Cycle News article " Chinese Market Slumps")
    Motosportz likes this.
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I understand these 9k dirt bikes. They make constant updates and it costs money. I don't understand how a Husky can cost more then a KTM, simply because of a plastic subframe?
    PBM457 likes this.
  6. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    Linkage and suspension (forks) too.

From what I was told (by a dealer) they would be only a few hundred dollars more than the comparable KTM equivalent, if that. (not official info - per se)
  7. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Also heard from inside that the new Husqvarna's will be a few rands more than the KTM.

Have a few KTM teams wanting to jump ship after Jarvis won the roof of Africa on a 250 4 stroke Husky ---

Things are actually looking good for Husky here in SA---Great importer with a passion for Racing behind them and a hands on man --goes to most the races and takes in the riders as his own children --or Dad as some call him --
    Been the best its been here in over 20 years --
    Motosportz likes this.
  8. Captnemo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK406 ('94 XC),
    Hey, put a "Crown H" on anything - it's good for an extra 20-30 MPH. (Like a good set of graphics!)
    Went from a Cub Cadet mower to a Husqvarna articulating mower - get my yard done twice as fast.
    It's those Nordic spirits at work.;)
    JonXX and ray_ray like this.
  9. Radbuster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 '10
    Alot of things are about to change, it's just a little disorienting. 2 different flavors of ktm, no more red husqvarnas and no more blue/yellow bergs, japan seems conflicted and hesitant and small brands scurrying for new market share.
    I'll probably run 'vintage reds' for the next few years.
    Rant over, later.
  10. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Agree! Think that´s the general idea here too.
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    The 4CS forks are on the 2014 KTM's and the linkage is on their XC's. The husqvarna is a XC with a wide ratio transmission like the exc. Are there stronger wheels? Wider pegs? Better electrical system? Really seems like there's nothing. All I'm saying is I don't understand how it's a premium brand. Even Husaberg got blue wheels. I'd pay an extra 200 for something like that even.

Not to bring up another brand but Beta 300 2 stroke is 8k. It goes up 600 and you get new forks that go from 45's to 48's and are anodized red, bigger tank, different pegs, and a list of other small things. That 600 actually does quite a bit.

Before anyone gets butt hurt all I'm saying is I don't understand the price going up from KTM even if it's one dollar. Oh and like I said, I even understand why KTM gets top dollar. I'll stick with the Italian/ German Husky's until there is something worthwhile
    water racer and john01 like this.
  12. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I still have my 2003 F250 Super duty. Dont plan to get rid of it any time soon. Great truck and 5 times what is available for 40k today.
  13. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    I do yard waste removal all summer with my little Kei truck... in my avatar photo.

I see guys in big RAM 3500 trucks with stacks spewing out bullshit, and they bring literally a few small branches to the dump, and have to climb up into the box and take 15 minutes after they throw the branches out to clean the bed of their truck spotless with a broom.

EDIT: It's hilarious to watch their garage queen trucks do so little work, why spend that much on a huge truck just to spend a ton more on insurance and gas so you can use it like a car? :EDIT

Then I show up, drop the sides of the bed, push 20x the amount of stuff off the side of my truck.... raise the bed sides, and drive away, done in 2 minutes.

[IMG]

Back on topic though.

The good news is... having 3 brands under one roof, parts supply should be phenomenal, and it may even drive prices down because they're producing a lot of the same parts for all 3 brands.

Sorry for the off-topic, I just can't stand the big shiny trucks that don't get used... diesel smoke being the only dirt doesn't count, and no, you are retarded if you're rolling coal on people, hope someone catches up to you and kicks your ass.
    mnb, bigjon and 454x like this.
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Sweet truck!
    mnb likes this.
  15. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I sure as hell that bigoted rant of hatred isn't aimed towards me. My truck is not a diesel and is used to tow 10000lbs regularly and gets very dirty. I suggest you alter your post and remove quote because it sure looks like you are the retard with that mindless rant...
  16. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Easy there...
    You like your old truck
    He likes his little truck
    Lots of people here digging at new $40k trailer queen trucks, but I dont see where you were being attacked and your response is a bit intemperate to say the least.
    454x and organ donor like this.
  17. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Hey he quoted my post and then ranted on about big trucks. How would you feel? Maybe he wasn't aiming it at me but why use my post? Looks like an attack from where I am sitting.
  18. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    I'm ranting about the people who don't use their trucks, and keep them all prissy.

If that looks like an attack on you, I'm sorry, the other guy doesn't see it either.

Also, bigoted... and retard... really? You need to calm down.
    454x and Dirtdame like this.
  19. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I didn't see that at all.
    454x likes this.
  20. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Cool then, looks like I misinterpreted the use of my post as an example.