Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It does suck but like any sale it has to start and end at some point and people outside of ether end feel shafted. I see it in all industries when something gets sold. KTM and husky used to have big year end clearance sales every year and got smarter with inventory. The jacked housing market is a really good indicator of this situation right now.
  2. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...already eyed up a WR125 AND TXC310 from my dealer....none ...said he had some on his "list" months ago,got half...don't know if only certain dealers will get the last 10,000(no idea were that number came from).This deep discount has to be "read"...the "spring fever" is deceptive...not all models will be at $2500.00 off(does say certain models in ad),but qualified buyers can get a decent rate(3.99%) .I feel sorry for dealers who may have old inventory that's on floor plan...they are not getting any help in that area to offset some huge losses.
    I feel for those workers in Varese and I know how they feel...the school district I work for is opting to "privatize" my department to save money...which would result in a $2.00 /hr wage cut and benefit loss and your not guaranteed you'll be rehired! ...this is after taking 3 pay cuts in the past 5 years totaling 3.5% ....of course the superintendent and all his staff aren't contributing enough(1.5 % and removal of school vehicle in past 4 yrs.)
    My thoughts and prayers are with all those craftsman who created and maintained the Husqvarna brand all these years...I'm hoping for a miracle for them and for the marque that I have strongly become attached to over 36 years ago.............
    hammer, BadMotoWeazal and silverpilen like this.
  3. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Well That puts me at the other end of the spectrum, buying a used bike (2011) 1-1/2 months ago at a price higher than what is advertised for a new one now. I certainly did not buy into husky for a good resale value, I got into the game for fun.
  4. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It's OK Norman what works for one guy may not work for another! 2 winters ago I bought and sold 24 snowmobiles and have bought sold owned and ridden almost all of them. And for me the SKI doo, both REV and XP style chassis are light years ahead of Artic Cat. I have a rule for Artic Cats that I have bought and sold. I NEVER NEVER ride them but I do ride all the others! Why? Because I get a little fed up with engines grenading, clutches exploding, stator coils failing ETC... Again I respect what works for you. They just don't work for me. On a plus note. I will not run you over if your on and Artic Cat. LOL
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes the discounts are not as cheap as thought. Got and email that quoted me a CR 150(125) for $3,800 BUCKS!!! I figured do not even ask the wife I am broke but for that price you have to do it! Left a message. Called in the morning and they said they had to figure it out. Anyways the deal turned into $4,300 which is still a steal, but just to much for me to justify with a new Gas Gas to ride. I am told 125(S) are gone. I think Halls has one new CR 125 and a few demo ones priced nice for anyone looking. Dealers are having to take some of what they do not want it sounds like and bigger dealers are not getting any special treatment it sounds like.
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I really hope SP keeps the 125/150 engine as it is a much better engine overall than the KTM (Kan't Take Much). KTM has a good 250 / 300 engine but it is no better than the Husky 250 / 300. Let's hope they keep the good frame geometry of the 125 frames too.
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My fingers are crossed for the same things plus building on the 250/300 4-stoke Huskys and not changing them to pumpkins.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    An ex Husky employee, who worked on 2 strokes told me....The 125 engine tooling is worn out and has been working with "fixes" the last few years. It would be a happy surprise to see Husky re-tool for this engine, but don't hold your breathe. I think the demise of the 70 Degree Husaberg engine, should be a clue.
  9. panhandlebars Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm200sold!klx125&drz 70 kids
    Bummer if the 125 got the rebadge treatment..kicked butt at the glen Helen race...has a cult following...so much bike for the money...was really tuff to decide when I bought last year...the Ktm 200 is stout...the 125/150 is junk...I think Perrier should just move production to Montana,specifically wallybeans backyard...hehe...empire cycles Spokane Washington still has a cr 125...but it doesn't appear to have any of the discounts I have read about?....
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Previous stock, doesn't qualify for the discount, unless dealer really wants to take it in the shorts.....
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ajax Auto Wrecking has a crusher and the price of steel is up Bring them to us and we can destoy them We have crushed new bikes and many new cars for just about all the manufactors Of all the thing we ever crushed it just kills me when we crush a new bike Sad but true
  12. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I'd put a couple under a tarp and be like "yeah, we crushed 'em all."
    4eyes, 7point62, guscycle and 2 others like this.
  13. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ..thinking the same thing..I have a distant relative that has a scrap yard.."so I was thinking:thinking: about that big 'ol shed in the back,Mr. D,let's clear out the crap that ain't being used and crush it ,splatter some red/white/black paint to make it "look like" we smooshed them up....then put them Husky's right in that back shed there ...never would be possible,but I can dream can't I !?
  14. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I am dreaming of the day we all will see Husqvarna on top the podium at a SX race. The Euro bikes putting it to the Jap bikes, like in the beginning of MX. :cheers:
    4eyes likes this.
  15. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    I can only imagine if the hysteria of this buyout would have been similar to the Cagiva transfer... had Al Gore allowed the internet to the masses back in those days...
    allphazes likes this.
  16. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Is it possible reference to 11000 bikes in a warehouse is in reality unsold current or older models on dealers floors or at distributors store
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Probably. I certainly cannot think of where they might be... the USA warehouse is pretty empty from what people have been saying.
    oregonsage likes this.
  18. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Note to all......"up to $2,500 off MSRP"
    dealers cant do this with what already was on floor without taking a big wack
    the 2500 applied to what they ordered to clear us wharehouse as BMW was charging new company storage fees of a wild rate
    about the only thing I saw get the 2500 off was TC's and 449s
    No dice on a 144 for 3799!
    looked hard for that smoking deal and did not find......must be behind the gnome on the unicorn?
  19. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000
    Stranger things have happened. In 1998 I purchased a brand new-old-stock 1988 Swedish Husky 430 Auto. I still have it. The story I heard at the time was that during the Cagiva takeover they built it in Sweden (it has still got the Swedish guys signature who built it on the seat tag) and were sent to the USA. I think they were eventually returned to Italy where the local Australian Husky Importer purchased the entire shipment some ten years later. Perhaps we will get to purchase a NOS TE449 or Nuda in ten years time?
    BadMotoWeazal likes this.
  20. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    That would be Hans Applegren who was the importer then. I ride with him sometimes he is 62/3 and still does me for dinner on his 310 al be it he was an Australian ISDE rider in his youth.
    BadMotoWeazal likes this.